Elle

2022 Lipsters Awards: The Decade Edition - January 21st

8 minutes ago, bunoner said:

why is the decade version of the lipsters happening in 2023

because it's for 2022 which just happened... and if we did it at the beginning of 2022 then it wouldn't really be a decade it would be 9 years since the year would just be starting

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

because it's for 2022 which just happened... and if we did it at the beginning of 2022 then it wouldn't really be a decade it would be 9 years since the year would just be starting

no i figured it out it's fine

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I am so touched to be nominated for Self Loathing Poet once again. I know I haven;t posted as much this year as Ive been in my Dumb Happy Slut Era but I promise if I win to begin posting psychotic ramblings disguised as poetry on the daily once more. I am now on a heroic dose of prozac daily and feel great and can't wait to wriyte pages and pages of incoherent nonsense including my 5 million word dissertation on Lust For Life (2017) and how it reveals the secrets of life. Yes the same one I've been promising the wonderful @PatentLeatherDoOver for years now. But only if I win. I wanna be the gay with the most cake

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

35 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I am so touched to be nominated for Self Loathing Poet once again. I know I haven;t posted as much this year as Ive been in my Dumb Happy Slut Era but I promise if I win to begin posting psychotic ramblings disguised as poetry on the daily once more. I am now on a heroic dose of prozac daily and feel great and can't wait to wriyte pages and pages of incoherent nonsense including my 5 million word dissertation on Lust For Life (2017) and how it reveals the secrets of life. Yes the same one I've been promising the wonderful @PatentLeatherDoOver for years now. But only if I win. I wanna be the gay with the most cake

when I tell you I will be READY to take notes on this!!!! Much deserved!!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I’ve submitted my votes! Good luck to all nominees, and thanks for nominating me too, I appreciate the big eyes for best artist nomination a lot! :kiss3: It was really difficult to decide who and what to vote for this time, can’t wait for the results on the award night! :hype:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I’ve submitted my votes! Good luck to all nominees, and thanks for nominating me too, I appreciate the big eyes for best artist nomination a lot! :kiss3: It was really difficult to decide who and what to vote for this time, can’t wait for the results on the award night! :hype:

I voted for you. I love your singing on this fantrack and i hope you win.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

2 minutes ago, blackestday89 said:

I voted for you. I love your singing on this fantrack and i hope you win.

Thank you! :oprah:  I've been thinking of trying to record it again as soon as this semester is done! I got a cold, and then I got busy, and then I just traveled home for the holidays, I don't really want to record myself unless I'm completely alone, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

16 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Thank you! :oprah:  I've been thinking of trying to record it again as soon as this semester is done! I got a cold, and then I got busy, and then I just traveled home for the holidays, I don't really want to record myself unless I'm completely alone, haha.

the demo version inspires me. it is such a good melody and the dark parts of your voice give a nostalgic feeling. you and glitter boy need to go ahead and upload stuff to youtube too

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

21 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

the holy trinity

@elle- nicest and hottest member  

@surf-noir - the best energy

@vertimus- the smartest and he has a good taste  i don't know why he is nominated for worst taste. 

Thank you, I appreciate that. It's just a matter of favorite LDR albums--you know how fervently many or most here love NFR!, HM, and UV. I'm glad they're passionate and enjoy those records so thoroughly. I| wish I liked the new single, but I so not. 

I like UV and HM too, just less so. Both, but HM, especially, seem like albums about alienation and sterility, and there's no catharsis, except on 'Old money' and 'TLY,' so I'm not greatly attracted to them or the persona Lana adopts in most of the songs. 

That's part of the reason I didn't contribute to the poll. Member with worst taste? Who am I to say that? I don't even categorize members along those lines when I read everyone's mostly insightful posts here. Some members stand out as 'main contributors,' like Venice Peach, and others as very funny, like Chaotic Lipster, and others as always involved like Gemini Lana Fan, but now that the truly vicious and rude members of a few years ago have stopped participating, I like everyone and recognize that taste is subjective. It's why people like a certain song or album that interests me, or what people see in a song that I don't, or what someone points out that I may have missed in a lyric.

I always think of 'Old Money' as sung/narrated by a mature women looking back on her life, but other people's interpretation that she is a relatively young woman forced me to look at it from that perspective, and while I still see the narrator as mature, it was interesting to step into someone else's shoes and see it the way they saw it--which I was able to do. Things like that are what make LanaBoards valuable to me. And where else, and to who else, can I talk about Lana all day and night, which I am wont to do?