Coloringbooks

Dragonslayer

i still kinda think she's trying to say "hija de la luna" but fast and wrong ("hija lo lina") - i am attached to the idea that it's daughter of the moon given the siren line and am stretching it to fit my view so hard rn lmao :oprah3: i can't wait for someone who understands what she's actually saying to put me in my place tho <3

mUENGN9.png

15 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

:facepalm:

She is a Spanish señorita
Her eyes are green and her heart is gold
You have a vision, you'd like to meet her
And so you're walking down that road to the sea

You hear a lot of things about her

Her reputation's widely known
The people talk but that don't matter

Because to you she feels like home

You feel free because

She'll never bring you down
You're hot, then she'll bring you water
She wears a flower crown
She is the people's daughter
She's holy, holy
Maria's prayer, the dragonslayer
She's fighting fire by the sea

She is a Spanish [?]
Her eyes are green and her dress is gold
She is a siren, la femme Nikita
Her children young but her soul is old
She feels free

She'll never bring you down
You're tired, she'll bring you water
She'll never leave this town
She is the father's daughter
She's holy, holy
Maria's prayer, the dragonslayer
Maria's prayer, if you should see her
Give her my best wishes for me

Holy, dragonslayer
These troubled waters
They don't mean nothing to you
Patron saint of troubled daughters
Hold your light and you have it true
Because you're holy, you're holy
Holy, holy, you're holy, holy

Maria's prayer, the dragonslayer
Maria's prayer, if you should see her
Give her my best wishes for me

Yo creo que ella canta "She is Spanish y la dolina". También puede ser "She is Spanish y lanolina" pero makes no sense. Guess is the fisrt one cuz of the context.

This is a Dolina: a depression or hole in the ground caused by some form of collapse of the surface layer. Maybe she wanted to transmit an idea of destruction/annihilation
Also, most of the water in these holes is green [Her eyes are green] and the land around is gold/orange [her dress is gold]
Dolina

Also it might be "y en la loliña"/"y la loliña" (an restaurant in Espanha). Yo no sé :facepalm: mi español está malo pero de Lana es muuucho peor.

9 hours ago, actuallylucas said:

Yo creo que ella canta "She is Spanish y la dolina". También puede ser "She is Spanish y lanolina" pero makes no sense. Guess is the fisrt one cuz of the context.

This is a Dolina: a depression or hole in the ground caused by some form of collapse of the surface layer. Maybe she wanted to transmit an idea of destruction/annihilation
Also, most of the water in these holes is green [Her eyes are green] and the land around is gold/orange [her dress is gold]
Dolina

Also it might be "y en la loliña"/"y la loliña" (an restaurant in Espanha). Yo no sé :facepalm: mi español está malo pero de Lana es muuucho peor.

Idk if it’s dolina since the d sound is pretty strong… i did understand « lolina »or maybe « loliña » (with the ñ pronounced poorly) which was a pretty famous spanish restaurant in spain that now is closed

22 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

We need the Spaniards and Latinos to come together, become detectives and solve this mystery for us. :true:

I tried my best to understand since portuguese and spanish are pretty similar:toofunny:

as a spanish speaker i have no idea what the fuck she's saying at that part lmao if it is indeed something in spanish she's pronouncing it weird and i can't figure out what it is

On 12/25/2022 at 9:50 PM, Beautiful Loser said:

We need the Spaniards and Latinos to come together, become detectives and solve this mystery for us. :true:

To me she just humming somenting with no words yoy know? like "i la la ri ra" it kinda matches with the last phrase im my opinion idk im trying to understand please dont jugde me 😭 (i speak a little bit of spanish, im latina)