Rust Dress

Say Yes to Heaven Discourse Thread

Alright, so I figured that some way or somehow, we should settle this debate on the leaked/unleaked and rumored versions of SYTH. According to LDRWiki, this is what they have listed regarding the versions of SYTH:

Ultraviolence demo version 1 (produced by Rick Nowels) — Unknown

Edited version — 4:10

Ultraviolence demo version 2 (produced by Patrick Warren) — 4:10

Ultraviolence final version (produced by Dan Auerbach) — Unknown

Honeymoon demo version (produced by STINT) — 3:31

Honeymoon final version (produced by STINT and Rick Nowels) — Unknown

Chemtrails Over the Country Club version (produced by James Ford) — Unknown

Tagged version — 3:35

Blue Banisters version — Unknown

Discuss!

1 minute ago, 111 said:

whats confusing u 

tbh a lot that’s why i wanted to make the thread. i guess a question that i have is the first version that leaked that we all speculated to be from uv, is it really from hm?

say yes to allah, say yes to me... the song has been whored around and no one was able to get it quite right it's just a BAD song. recycled boring lyrics, boring vocal performance, cute melody and that's it... where is the same effort and attention to FINE GRAMMYS? if this didn't make it onto cocc/bb then i can only pray she finally laid it to rest... 

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

tbh a lot that’s why i wanted to make the thread. i guess a question that i have is the first version that leaked that we all speculated to be from uv, is it really from hm?

the one i leakedT? no thats from 2013

4 minutes ago, 111 said:

say yes to allah, say yes to me... the song has been whored around and no one was able to get it quite right it's just a BAD song. recycled boring lyrics, boring vocal performance, cute melody and that's it... where is the same effort and attention to FINE GRAMMYS? if this didn't make it onto cocc/bb then i can only pray she finally laid it to rest... 

wait so then what version is the one that we all originally thought was from uv but it was actually from hm

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

the best version of this song is freaking tagged :noparty: i finally sorted out the SYTH cluster in my library yesterday 

for some reason i never bothered to replace the tagged. the yt ones are good so i might rip it from there 

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

wait so then what version is the one that we all originally thought was from uv but it was actually from hm

The James Ford version hasn’t leaked, so the 3:35 version is in the wrong place. That’s Version 5, AKA the final Honeymoon version. That’s the tagged one that leaked under the assumption it was from UV, when it was in fact for Honeymoon. Let me update Lanapedia

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

i have no idea what u are speaking of but the list in the OP looks correct to me although i never kept a track of say yes to recycling iterations...

maybe the musicmafia tagged one is from hm too and y'all thought it was from uv? did musicmafia never say anything about the producer/year for that? 

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

The James Ford version hasn’t leaked, so the 3:35 version is in the wrong place. That’s Version 5, AKA the final Honeymoon version. That’s the tagged one that leaked under the assumption it was from UV, when it was in fact for Honeymoon. Let me update Lanapedia

well there u go :tommy:

7 minutes ago, 111 said:

could you verify what year the James Ford version was done?

2 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

okay cool. i know it was speculated that there’s another version from a producer called patrick warren i believe? where does that fall in this list

okay cool. i know it was speculated that there’s another version from a producer called patrick warren i believe? where does that fall in this list

weird cause i was JUST about to ask about that. Lanapedia says Patrick Warren is Version 2, one of the versions we’ve had for years that I personally had marked as Rick Nowels originally. I don’t know why it says Patrick Warren all of a sudden, or whether or not that’s right

3 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

could you verify what year the James Ford version was done?

me thinks 2014, i dont know anything about it being considered for cock

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

the earliest versions from 2013 are done by both rick and patrick, patrick works on almost everything rick works on anyways, there's not a big separation there

For the sake of rewriting history, this should be the most up-to-date list of SYTH versions

• Ultraviolence Version 1 [2013] (Rick Nowels & Patrick Warren) — Unleaked // Edited version, 4:10

• Ultraviolence Version 2 [2013] (Rick Nowels & Patrick Warren) — 4:10

• Ultraviolence Version 3 [2014] (James Ford) — Unleaked (Rumored to be considered for inclusion on Chemtrails)

• Ultraviolence Final [2014] (Dan Auerbach) — Unleaked

• Honeymoon Demo [2015] (STINT) — 3:31

• Honeymoon Final [2015] (STINT & Rick Nowels) — Tagged, 3:35

• Various Lust for Life Versions [2015/2016] - Unleaked

• Blue Banisters Version — Unleaked 

Considering she didn't change the majority of outtakes and that she had a million versions already I don't think there is a BB version of this song :thumb3:

By the way who confirmed that it was in the album at some point? Boz? I know he said she wanted to use other unreleased songs at first but I don't remember which ones (I think Wild One and Fine China were mentioned too (?)

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Considering she didn't change the majority of outtakes and that she had a million versions already I don't think there is a BB version of this song :thumb3:

By the way who confirmed that it was in the album at some point? Boz? I know he said she wanted to use other unreleased songs at first but I don't remember which ones (I think Wild One and Fine China were mentioned too (?)

i think wild one was only ever mentioned cos people confused it with Wild on You.