American Whore

Songs That Clearly Rip Off Another Song

1 minute ago, gasstationkween said:

Wildest dreams

i still don’t hear the wildest dreams and without you comparisons 😹

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

These are not rip-offs, I believe Kurt Cobain asked for permission from Los Brujos to use the main riff and Arctics were simply paying homage to Nirvana. Still, pretty interesting how it all unfolded.

11 hours ago, This Feeling said:

Tik Tok = How You Get The Girl

??????? taylor swift?

i never heard this :deadbanana:

41 minutes ago, Big Star said:

we clocked that one when the song came out :lmaoney:

3 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Anyone who was into k-pop in like 2012-2015 knows of this one, it's hilarious. :oic:

Original:

Rip-off:

why were they so blatant with this one??? :air:

47 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I have no idea, maybe because "no one" listened to k-pop back then - I recall that you were a weirdo for listening to j- or k-pop back then, this was before PSY broke the internet with Gangnam Style. So maybe she or her producers simply thought it was a simple thing to steal and no one would find out... and maybe they picked the wrong song, because the original broke so many records in South Korea.
I remember that there were no credits to the original producer or k-pop band, and the copy-cat didn't mention that she did a "cover" until fans started to question her about the song lol. I think the video I posted got the "video cover" in the title much later, I don't recall seeing it there before.

Oh well. I guess we'll never know the truth but it was fun. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I have no idea, maybe because "no one" listened to k-pop back then - I recall that you were a weirdo for listening to j- or k-pop back then, this was before PSY broke the internet with Gangnam Style. So maybe she or her producers simply thought it was a simple thing to steal and no one would find out... and maybe they picked the wrong song, because the original broke so many records in South Korea.
I remember that there were no credits to the original producer or k-pop band, and the copy-cat didn't mention that she did a "cover" until fans started to question her about the song lol. I think the video I posted got the "video cover" in the title much later, I don't recall seeing it there before.

Oh well. I guess we'll never know the truth but it was fun. :hooker:

there was a HUGE huge k-pop plagiarism scandal back in like 2009/2010 involving lee hyori (that is like old school k-pop so i don't blame you for not knowing who she is nnn)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

13 minutes ago, the ocean said:

there was a HUGE huge k-pop plagiarism scandal back in like 2009/2010 involving lee hyori (that is like old school k-pop so i don't blame you for not knowing who she is nnn)

Oh, I recognize her name even though I wasn't listening to her music. :3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, lili said:

These are not rip-offs, I believe Kurt Cobain asked for permission from Los Brujos to use the main riff and Arctics were simply paying homage to Nirvana. Still, pretty interesting how it all unfolded

if he did ask for permission i 100% guarantee it was because of the Incident :awkney:

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

??????? taylor swift?

i never heard this :deadbanana:

we clocked that one when the song came out :lmaoney:

Sorry, I was confused.

HYGTG rips off Your Love Is My Drug, not Tik Tok. Listen to YLIMG then HYGTG and you will notice the similarities.

19 minutes ago, Semafori said:

in what world is it the same 
wah pedal ≠ synth

the selective hearing from a floyd stan doesn't surprise me. don't get me wrong, i love floyd and have been a huge fan since i was in high school (my stoner days) but it really disappointed me, hearing something that came out 3 years before dark side of the moon and hearing that the melody was ripped off. it's the exact same song. i'm not saying it's the wah wah pedal or synths, literally listen to the song and sing the floyd lyrics over it, it's not that hard.

if you still can't hear it you need one of these

womans-hand-holding-nasal-test-stick.jpg

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

17 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

Sorry, I was confused.

HYGTG rips off Your Love Is My Drug, not Tik Tok. Listen to YLIMG then HYGTG and you will notice the similarities.

oh wait i think ive heard of that but i never heard that either. i think it was the bridge of YLIMG to the chorus of HYGTG, but its not close enough to be considered a rip off

aldo YLIMD's bridge is my fav bridge of all time, and hearing HYGTG's chorus is one of the worst of Taylor's discography - released and unreleased 

40 minutes ago, American Whore said:

the selective hearing from a floyd stan doesn't surprise me. don't get me wrong, i love floyd and have been a huge fan since i was in high school (my stoner days) but it really disappointed me, hearing something that came out 3 years before dark side of the moon and hearing that the melody was ripped off. it's the exact same song. i'm not saying it's the wah wah pedal or synths, literally listen to the song and sing the floyd lyrics over it, it's not that hard.

if you still can't hear it you need one of these

womans-hand-holding-nasal-test-stick.jpg

im sorry you cant tell the difference between a genre and stolen/inspired music

P.S. https://open.spotify.com/track/7FtRUrOEDUHTvenvp1BqZo?si=9109ed53d2f6485f