Sign in to follow this  
American Whore

Songs That Clearly Rip Off Another Song

Just now, Semafori said:

im sorry you cant tell the difference between a genre and stolen/inspired music

girl you sure? :bye3: because i heard this immediately and you choose selective hearing because you're a floyd stan. like i said, i love floyd and they do have original content, but roger waters is a shit and this sadly doesn't surprise me at all.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, American Whore said:

girl you sure? :bye3: because i heard this immediately and you choose selective hearing because you're a floyd stan. like i said, i love floyd and they do have original content, but roger waters is a shit and this sadly doesn't surprise me at all.

pink floyd has not been the first to make art rock. in fact their discography ranges from country with the likes of seamus and wish you were here, to disco rock with another brick in the wall, while maintaining their sound . maybe you haven't listened to enough art rock  to tell the difference , but those songs are nothing alike 

4 minutes ago, American Whore said:

also not a floyd stan, the band just barely cracks my top 5 favorite artists of all time 

1 minute ago, Semafori said:

pink floyd has not been the first to make art rock. in fact their discography ranges from country with the likes of seamus and wish you were here, to disco rock with another brick in the wall, while maintaining their sound . maybe you haven't listened to enough art rock  to tell the difference , but those songs are nothing alike 

also not a floyd stan, the band just barely cracks my top 5 favorite artists of all time 

daddy chill

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

What about MAC and that song, I think a German song, someone posted? Who was responsible for that on NFR!? I remember how Lana said JA gave her a little of little piano melodies and intros. It seems unlikely that LDR would be familiar with that song, but believable that JA might have. 

7 minutes ago, Semafori said:

this is silly. i could sit here and name off artists, but it doesn't matter. you can continue thinking pink floyd is a godsend or whatever complex you have for them, but they simply ripped off a song by the lyricist of some of cream's best songs. it simply is what it is. clean your ears girl! :wtf:

it literally doesn't mean much and your opinion really doesn't matter. i sent the song to a few other people and they noticed it too. i didn't tell them anything about what i thought it sounded like and they immediately knew what it was similar to, so clearly it isn't just me. one of those people has owned a record shop for 20+ years, so you tell me... lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, American Whore said:

this is silly. i could sit here and name off artists, but it doesn't matter. you can continue thinking pink floyd is a godsend or whatever complex you have for them, but they simply ripped off a song by the lyricist of some of cream's best songs. it simply is what it is. clean your ears girl! :wtf:

it literally doesn't mean much and your opinion really doesn't matter. i sent the song to a few other people and they noticed it too. i didn't tell them anything about what i thought it sounded like and they immediately knew what it was similar to, so clearly it isn't just me. one of those people has owned a record shop for 20+ years, so you tell me... lol

respectfully, i can't tell if you're trolling  or were dropped as a baby , but you've made it obvious you are too stubborn to even go through what i've stated

have a lovely day :kiss2:

6 minutes ago, Semafori said:

respectfully, i can't tell if you're trolling  or were dropped as a baby , but you've made it obvious you are too stubborn to even go through what i've stated

have a lovely day :kiss2:

:thumb3: i'm so sorry hearing is a problem for you, considering this is a music-centric forum. i would definitely get my ears checked if i were you. :hae:

in fact, i'll leave you with a list of greats that even you with your hearing issues might enjoy :) 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, American Whore said:

:thumb3: i'm so sorry hearing is a problem for you, considering this is a music-centric forum. i would definitely get my ears checked if i were you. :hae:

in fact, i'll leave you with a list of greats that even you with your hearing issues might enjoy :) 

Hide contents

here is a few other ripped off songs you might find crazy 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7gPJBbnNl0KRVpLQ3AlDf3?si=65d484d3ecd84eeb
3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 

15 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Wasn't there this track called "America" or something that completely ripped of MPG?

America by Xylo & also there’s another song that has the same intro I just can’t think of. I think they’re just similar not exactly plagiarism 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, Semafori said:

here is a few other ripped off songs you might find crazy 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7gPJBbnNl0KRVpLQ3AlDf3?si=65d484d3ecd84eeb
3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 3AlY.gif 

so you finally get the point of the thread! it took some time but you came around :hair: we love character development here!

so which songs were those ripping off? or did someone else rip those songs off? either way, i'd be interested to hear the opposite of the rip off, etc.

(while not necessarily a rip off, I do think Money and Easy Money are very similar, but I also hate Robert Fripp as a person, even though his music was still important for the time)

giphy.gif

Just now, American Whore said:

so you finally get the point of the thread! it took some time but you came around :hair: we love character development here!

so which songs were those ripping off? or did someone else rip those songs off? either way, i'd be interested to hear the opposite of the rip off, etc.

(while not necessarily a rip off, I do think Money and Easy Money are very similar, but I also hate Robert Fripp as a person, even though his music was still important for the time)

@Maltese Falcon

nWu.gif

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

America by Xylo & also there’s another song that has the same intro I just can’t think of. I think they’re just similar not exactly plagiarism 

I feel like "America" definitely IS a rip off. Both the melody and production have way too many similarities for this to be a coincidence

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!