evalionisameme

Lana Sex Work/Stripping?

unrelated to whether or not she was a sex worker but i wouldn’t be surprised if she has been to strip clubs and similar establishments several times particularly in her lizzy days… she might’ve watched go go dancers strippers other similar shows and performances etc and been inspired by them

for example she takes inspiration from this stripping scene from breakfast at tiffany’s — she basically samples it in mermaid motel 

and i would not put it past lizzy grant to go to some sort of show for fun and occasionally have a little audrey hepburn in breakfast at tiffany’s moment. the whole glitz and glam aspect would definitely appeal to her. plus she literally met dan auerbach at a strip club so i wouldn’t be surprised if she’s been to multiple strip clubs in her life

maybe that helps explain why she’d be referencing it - she might not be the performer but just an admirer of the performance

sUcVobB.png

52 minutes ago, Mer said:

Thread outlining all of Lana's lies in songs when? 

- Barefoot chickens 

- A marriage that was stopped by groom's mother 

- Buying her truck in the middle of the night 

- There are no apartment complex's in Malibu named "Mariners Apartment Complex"  (altho there's a Mariner's Village in Santa Monica I think) 

- The crypto boyfriend (?)

- Killing her father/daddy and putting him in the trunk 

- Cooking meth (hopefully?)

Next thing you're gonna tell me she's never burned down a house and then flirted with a police officer so he wouldn't arrest her :poordat:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

12 hours ago, The Dragonslayer said:

to play devils advocate does that allow us to talk about that song

11 hours ago, Junkie Noir said:

the way its been damn near wiped from existence<[=[_[

10 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

To be honest it's extremely easy to find :bebe:

And it's kind of a bop #SorryLana

Ok I’m new and I don’t wanna get banned or get anyone else in trouble but what’s this song???

56 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

Ok I’m new and I don’t wanna get banned or get anyone else in trouble but what’s this song???

lana had some issues with the producer and didnt want the song to be available online

"whens it gonna be my turn, dont forget me"

2 minutes ago, The Dragonslayer said:

lana had some issues with the producer and didnt want the song to be available online

Oh I didn't know it was a producer issue?! 

Anyways I think Lana just fantasized in her songs about doing xyz, or likes the imagery and cultural conversations that surround the subject matter (imo)

4 hours ago, honeybadger said:

unrelated to whether or not she was a sex worker but i wouldn’t be surprised if she has been to strip clubs and similar establishments several times particularly in her lizzy days… she might’ve watched go go dancers strippers other similar shows and performances etc and been inspired by them

for example she takes inspiration from this stripping scene from breakfast at tiffany’s — she basically samples it in mermaid motel 

and i would not put it past lizzy grant to go to some sort of show for fun and occasionally have a little audrey hepburn in breakfast at tiffany’s moment. the whole glitz and glam aspect would definitely appeal to her. plus she literally met dan auerbach at a strip club so i wouldn’t be surprised if she’s been to multiple strip clubs in her life

maybe that helps explain why she’d be referencing it - she might not be the performer but just an admirer of the performance

Edit: oops you already said this, but heres the link to where she said she met Dan at a strip club :wub:https://www.complex.com/covers/lana-del-rey-interview-against-the-grain-2014-cover-story/

14 hours ago, Vertimus said:

A lot of women, especially young women, are fascinated by prostitutes and sex workers. Camille Paglia has written about it at length, and yes, Tori Amos has written a couple of songs about it, and expressed her compassion for them in interviews. For example, her song, Amber Waves, that opens Scarlet’s Walk. 

I think a lot of women, regardless of how they respond and react to them, feel like they could easily have found themselves in similar positions in life.

off topic but the amount of times i've seen you try to weave tori amos into every single topic.. it rly deserves praise 😭 ur working overtime the way ur marketing her 

Just now, fl0r1dakil0s said:

off topic but the amount of times i've seen you try to weave tori amos into every single topic.. it rly deserves praise 😭 ur working overtime the way ur marketing her 

no people really need to stan her like i'm dead serious

she was modern lana before modern lana was modern lana

i encourage everyone here to listen to boys for pele, from the choirgirl hotel & scarlet's walk truly remarkable albums

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, lizzyology said:

As an unofficial <2010 Lana archivist, I can confirm this is true - I have documents showcasing that she used to do this at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in a lobster suit 

this is my new favorite post on lanaboards

3 hours ago, The Dragonslayer said:

Everybody’s being so coy and mysterious but can somebody just say the song? Don’t worry I won’t listen I just wanna know for the lore 

17 minutes ago, lizzyology said:

As an unofficial <2010 Lana archivist, I can confirm this is true - I have documents showcasing that she used to do this at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in a lobster suit 

I asked my psychic Yeubola and she confirmed this to be true:kris:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Everybody’s being so coy and mysterious but can somebody just say the song? Don’t worry I won’t listen I just wanna know for the lore 

no one is gonna say the title but basically there was a song that leaked awhile ago that lana did NOT want available for personal reasons. ben even got the police involved. out of respect for lana, we dont ever really talk about it or acknowledge it to prevent it from spreading so you'd be VERY lucky to find any more than a pinch of lore. end of discussion. thats all anyone needs to know and all youll find anyways.

😋🫶🏼

In regards to the topic at hand- I wouldn’t be surprised like some said if there was some transactional experiences at hand-she was allegedly poor as stated by her with a credit card debt and was a drug addict. I think the distinction between lanas fantasy songs and her more relative, real subjective matter though is that the real ones are usually ongoing.

a song like Kinda outta luck is a one off-she’s not talking about killing men in many songs.