evalionisameme

Lana Sex Work/Stripping?

7 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

off topic but the amount of times i've seen you try to weave tori amos into every single topic.. it rly deserves praise 😭 ur working overtime the way ur marketing her 

Well!

The reason that happens is because, before Lana, Tori was the most 'recent, still working and releasing albums' artist that meant the most to me. And she still does. But, as I've said here, the relentless intrusion of knee jerk politics into her work, and especially into her interviews, always turned me off and made it hard for me to dream while listening to her work. And she's so full of outrage, and always feels, in a very boring manner, that she, and only she, has to and can save the world, like a momma lion with her cubs. So I was always only 2/3rds able to relate to her and settle into her music. Tori is a brilliant musician and instrumentalist.

Then I heard Lana, who has a much wider scope, vision, and focus, and Lana fulfilled/fulfills me in a manner that Tori does not. Occasionally, they have themes in common. 

8 hours ago, the ocean said:

no people really need to stan her like i'm dead serious

she was modern lana before modern lana was modern lana

i encourage everyone here to listen to boys for pele, from the choirgirl hotel & scarlet's walk truly remarkable albums

Yeah, and TerrenceLovesYou have also noted how often I bring her up...their careers really bleed right into one another, time-wise. 

I'm not a great fan of FTCGH but BFP is one of my all-time favorite albums, my favorite of Amos's albums, and SW is just beautiful. Having been working in Manhattan on 9/11, I have great appreciation for it. I also love 'Abnormally Attracted to Sin,' and 'The Beekeeper,' while not cohesive, is a great combination of pure pop songs and much heavier material. 

Glad you're a fan.  

On 1/4/2023 at 1:05 PM, Sportscruiser said:

I know. There’s also not much to discuss if it’s a theme she hasn’t explored in 10 years.

well in Tulsa Jesus Freak she sings

We should go back to Arkansas
Trade this body for the can of Gin

I mean i know it can be also about just fucking around but trading body for stuff :w8ing:

If you take her songs as autobiographical (which I believe she stated it is), then yes she has been a sex worker / stripper & prostitute. There’s nothing wrong with that. Also a lack of e-trail of her days as a sex worker is a good thing lol plus it wasn’t the age of social media so that checks out and actually is for the better. I do speculate that some of it is fantasy though. Like if she really was a stripper (in NJ? Or one of those states mentioned in AKA) you’d think someone might remember her unless she used a stage name/alias/wig which is likely.  

I always find it strange that it's only women in music who are expected to be writing about their own experience only, and if they're not, they're 'inauthentic'. I mean, Metallica fans are insufferable and will use any excuse to criticise the band, but I've never heard any of them bitch about the fact that their lead singer was not actually blown up by a bomb and left in a bed without arms and legs.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

18 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I always find it strange that it's only women in music who are expected to be writing about their own experience only, and if they're not, they're 'inauthentic'. I mean, Metallica fans are insufferable and will use any excuse to criticise the band, but I've never heard any of them bitch about the fact that their lead singer was not actually blown up by a bomb and left in a bed without arms and legs.

I haven’t seen anyone say this tbh and you can’t compare Lana to Metallica, in songwriting they’re completely different-she’s a bob dylan type of writer or Leonard cohen-that’s the aim she is going for as marketed and stated by her.

On 1/5/2023 at 10:36 AM, lilac heaven said:

just like elaborating on this, it’s not like she sat down to write songs with the intention of telling a fictitious story about how her boyfriend killed somebody and got put on death row. she sat down to write a song about the emotions that a real situation (that’s not that lol) made her feel, and that extended metaphor is how she expressed those feelings. doesn’t mean she was lying or not writing autobiographically

omg i was literally trying to write something similar in the other thread (lana lying in lyrics) then i read ur posts here <3 like i love thinking abt her life and trying to understand her songs etc so i don't have any issues w that but the narrative of her being a liar is one i am just soooo uninterested in. whether she explores a story that happened to her, a friend, a character in a book/movie, whatever - i rly only care abt how close to the truth of the experience she can get in terms of emotions and thoughts in relation to it. how she perceives and interprets and filters a story thru her own worldview is what's truly revealing and cannot be untrue! anyway, justice for liars giphy.gif

mUENGN9.png

22 hours ago, Vertimus said:

Well!

The reason that happens is because, before Lana, Tori was the most 'recent, still working and releasing albums' artist that meant the most to me. And she still does. But, as I've said here, the relentless intrusion of knee jerk politics into her work, and especially into her interviews, always turned me off and made it hard for me to dream while listening to her work. And she's so full of outrage, and always feels, in a very boring manner, that she, and only she, has to and can save the world, like a momma lion with her cubs. So I was always only 2/3rds able to relate to her and settle into her music. Tori is a brilliant musician and instrumentalist.

Then I heard Lana, who has a much wider scope, vision, and focus, and Lana fulfilled/fulfills me in a manner that Tori does not. Occasionally, they have themes in common. 

I will die on this hill: Wildflower Wildfire is Lana at her most Tori Amos. Very reminiscing of Little Earthquakes, to my ears and senses at least.

I do, however, agree that Lana has a broader vision and scope. I’d add that even Fiona out-Tori’d Tori as far as female rage/anti-patriarchy songwriting goes. 

IMG-7960.jpg

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

I will die on this hill: Wildflower Wildfire is Lana at her most Tori Amos. Very reminiscing of Little Earthquakes, to my ears and senses at least.

I do, however, agree that Lana has a broader vision and scope. I’d add that even Fiona out-Tori’d Tori as far as female rage/anti-patriarchy songwriting goes. 

I agree about WFWF, and even 'Hope'--Lana is now doing some of, or something like, what Tori originally did, and of course, Tori was in turn inspired by Kate Bush's early work. I could also see WFWF being from 'Boys For Pele,' Tori's most personal and darkest record. Understood about Fiona, but her career kind of floundered after 'When the Pawn...' due to her record company troubles. 

I have no trouble with artistic expressions of rage and anger from any individual, but Amos was just exhausting, again, as I said, especially in interviews. There was one after 'To Venus & Back' where she went berserk because some British laborer had said, "pussies are bullshit," referring to the then-trendy practice of men preferring to sodomize the women they slept with. She was so easily baited by almost anyone...she might have taken the statement in the context of the rest of his rant, just "considered the source," probably some English lout just come from the local pub, and ignored him and his comments, instantly forgot them. Living in NYC as I have for a while, I know women, on occasion, still have to listen to coarse comments and cat-calls from some men when they pass by construction sites, which are all over New York. As I see it, if the guy looks and acts like a drunken Neanderthal (and many of them smoke weed openly while working), who cares? It just proves he's a moron. And if a polished-looking man in a suit makes the same sort of commentary, then he's also a Neanderthal. 

Ok so before you all come after me, let me explain. This is probably already a topic but, Lana (or i guess lizzy in this time period) was a stripper. I know this is already a rumor but I kinda want to see other people's opinions on this. What is some proof that could prove this rumor? What's something that proves this rumor wrong? I'd love to hear ur guys' opinions!

~I do admit when I called your other bitch I told a little lie~

Lana Del Rey reveals 'Ultraviolence' video | NBHAP