cranekiss

Deftones

DEFTONES

Deftones on Wild Times, Youthful Confidence Behind Classic 'Around the Fur'  | Revolver

Deftones is a Californian alternative metal/alternative rock band that formed in Sacramento circa 1988. The band currently consists of Chino Moreno (lead vocals and guitar), Stephen Carpenter (guitar), Abe Cunningham (Drums), and Frank Delgado (keyboard) [HONORABLE MENTION to the late Chi Cheng who was the band's bassist up until a fatal car accident in 2008, which led him to die in 2013.) The members also have many side projects. Lead singer Chino Moreno is the frontman of Team Sleep, Crosses, Palms, and supergroup Saudade. Stephen Carpenter works with Sol Invicto and Kush. And Frank Delgado is a member of a DJ group called Decibel Devils.

ALBUMS

ADRENALINE - October 3rd, 1995

AROUND THE FUR - October 28th, 1997

WHITE PONY - June 20th, 2000

DEFTONES - May 20th, 2003

SATURDAY NIGHT WRIST - October 31st, 2006

DIAMOND EYES - May 4th, 2010

KOI NO YOKAN - November 13th, 2012

GORE - April 8th, 2016

OHMS - September 25th, 2020

SINGLES

BORED - 1995

MY OWN SUMMER (SHOVE IT) - 1997

BE QUIET AND DRIVE (FAR AWAY) - 1998

CHANGE (IN THE HOUSE OF FLIES) - 2000

BACK TO SCHOOL (MINI MAGGIT) - 2001

MINERVA  - 2003

HEXAGRAM - 2003

HOLE IN THE EARTH - 2006

MEIN - 2007

ROCKET SKATES - 2010

DIAMOND EYES  - 2010

SEXTAPE - 2010

YOU'VE SEEN THE BUTCHER - 2010

LEATHERS - 2012

TEMPEST - 2012

SWERVE CITY - 2013

ROMANTIC DREAMS - 2013

PRAYERS / TRIANGLES - 2016

DOOMED USER - 2016

HEARTS / WIRES - 2016

PHANTOM BRIDE - 2016

OHMS - 2020

GENESIS - 2020

CEREMONY - 2021

Deftones: Adrenaline - Marching To Their Own Beat - Vinyl Chapters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like alternative rock and somehow haven't already listened to this band, I really recommend them because you'll fall in love with their music almost instantly. Here are some songs I really really recommend.

AROUND THE FUR
BE QUIET AND DRIVE (FAR AWAY)
BEWARE
BORED
CHERRY WAVES
DEATHBLOW
DIAMOND EYES
ENTOMBED
KIMDRACULA
LHABIA
LOVERS

MEIN
MINERVA
MY OWN SUMMER (SHOVE IT)
NOSEBLEED
POLTERGEIST
ROSEMARY
SEXTAPE
WHEN GIRLS TELEPHONE BOYS
XERCES

You can support Deftones here:

Official Website - Facebook - Instagram - Twitter - Twitch

I saw them live in December at Good Things festival. They were magnetic, electric :illumilana2: . They also got the singer of Soulfly on stage for the last song, it was so cute. 

I love every single thing ive heard from them, but ive paid most attention to their Gore and Ohms albums. My top 5 songs are Digital Bath, Ohms, Prayers/Triangles, Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) and Change (In The House Of Flies). 

I consider myself a newer fan as in 2020 i rediscovered them after The Anix covered Digital Bath. Then I remembered I used to listed to Knife Prty in highschool <3 

Discovering this band was something really special. I’m glad that I dove into their stuff right after hearing Digital Bath and I do not regret one moment of it. While it is hard to choose a favorite, I’m gonna say it’s between Hexagram and Digital Bath that take the number 1 slot for me. :oic3:  I hope I can have the opportunity to see them live soon. I have heard they put on amazing shows and do not disappoint. 

c60551ec91989013e80eff1473898b3de703ee6b

Be Quiet and Drive is one of my favorite songs,  sometimes its sounds and feels so sad, and sometimes its feels happy, almost like a fleeting happiness. Around the Fur is such a great album in general, so is White Pony. Deftones always reminded me of a less goth but still catchy and dark version of Type O Negative.

Forgot to mention, I got to attend Día de Los Deftones 4 last year in San Diego. I didn’t think that I’d be super close to the front but my buddies and I managed a great spot. They put on a kickass show. Chino and everyone else was awesome to see. The moment that they played Korea, I lost my shit and went into the most pit. Had so much fun and definitely plan on attending this year’s Día de Los Deftones.

c60551ec91989013e80eff1473898b3de703ee6b