Sign in to follow this  
baddisease

FIRE EMBLEM ENGAGE - Out 1/20/2023

The graphics look so SHARP which I'm glad for because they were so-so in Three Houses (so I hope the success of 3H cashed in enough for the franchise's survival), just a shame that the environments look bland at times. BUT I just can't seem hyped about this game? They've used past Heroes before in previous games, and I just... I don't know, I wonder if they've added past heroes as characters so new fans can get familiar with them, which is smart but at the same time, I don't care? I wish they had used only new characters instead. The animal farm and modern workout clothes bother me too, they just seem so far away from what Fire Emblem used to be or is? It's supposed to be fantasy and medieval, right? But crop tops and sweatpants? I dunno, man. When they introduced the animals you can collect and pet, it just gave me farming sim vibes lol.
But I'm kinda glad the romancing is gone, if I've understood what people's been saying correctly. I couldn't get used to it really when I played Awakening and Three Houses (I could only compare them with Path of Radiance I had played years before), it's cute but can feel forced at times? Kind of? Yeah.

However, I'm sure the gameplay is great, and reviews seem to have enjoyed the battlefields, so those things you can do in-between fights shouldn't bother me. But... ah, I don't know. For now, I'll save my coins for Lana's album and the new Zelda game in May.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png