Surf Noir

Least Favorite Lana Song Titles

something that makes lana's music unique is her interesting song titles, many of them are good, but some of them... may not be her best, list your least favorite lana song titles here! 

here's mine:

24 (it's not terrible, it's just... a number... it could've been so much more interesting)

in my feelings (just... no...)

fuck it i love you (doesn't feel like a classic lana del rey song title... it's just one i don't like that much)

the next best american record (it should've just been "best american record", it sounds better)

the greatest (basically the same reason as fuck it i love you)

did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd (WAY too much going on, it should've just been "there's a tunnel under ocean boulevard" or maybe even "ocean boulevard", also, i don't like the fact that she shortened it to "blvd")

i think that's it!

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

the next best american record (it should've just been "best american record", it sounds better)

Should've been left as "Architecture" :true:

Also I really dislike "Let Me Love You Like A Woman". Sounds like something a deeply religious soccer mom would say to her boring, balding husband after a "wild night out" at Applebees. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

In My Feelings

Nectar of the Gods — i’ve said this before but idk why the song just doesn’t sound like the title 😭 i wish it were called Ambrosia, which is what the actual nectar of the gods is

Norman Fucking Rockwell — sorry i just don’t like this title, i know a lot of other people do

Here’s mine:

- gramma (not horrible, I actually really like it, however, “blue ribbon sparkle trailer heaven” I would have liked better if it was just that, it falls into her long song title category which is iconic, again “gramma” delivers and I’m not hating on the title, but it felt fitting to include here)

- 24 (I do like that it’s cryptic, but that’s also part of the problem of why I don’t like it, there was more potential with naming that song, could’ve been “24 hours” or “24 hours in a day”) 

- change (while I live for simplistic titles, there’s something about this that is just giving basic)

- did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean blvd (I think we can all agree it’s too busy, my reasons are pretty much the same as @Surf Noir, I also don’t like that blvd is abbreviated, if it’s going to be a long title go all out LOL)

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

Text Book.

i like this title but is textbook supposed to be separated? that's always bothered me a little

2 minutes ago, finalgirl said:

I've always despised the title "Oooh Baby”. 24, Brite Lites, Dum Dum, and Violets for Roses are great honorable mentions.

i was thinking of putting oooh baby, the alt. title "pants for me" is even worse

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

In My Feelings

Nectar of the Gods — i’ve said this before but idk why the song just doesn’t sound like the title 😭 i wish it were called Ambrosia, which is what the actual nectar of the gods is

Norman Fucking Rockwell — sorry i just don’t like this title, i know a lot of other people do

i love nectar of the gods as a title but i also don't feel like it fits the song, i preferred wild on you

WGe8ynS.gif

7 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

Text Book.

I love the song itself and I truly don’t mind the title, the only thing is the space. I feel like it should be one word 

ldr-live-nfr.gif

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

13 minutes ago, picturebook said:

hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it < sylvia plath

i still wish the whole NFR album was called Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it instead and the song was just called “Sylvia” :excited:

pretty baby -> "for k" (may actually be called this but fans seem to think otherwise :oprah3:)

old money -> "nostalgia"

24 -> should've been stylized as "twenty-four" instead of the number typed out

in my feelings -> should've been called godawful song "bad bitch / sad bitch" :oprah3: (yes that's a corny title but it should've never been released so it's deserved)

love song ->  "the way we love"

cinnamon girl -> just "cinnamon"

next best american record -> should've stayed as "architecture"

not all who wander are lost -> should've stayed as "wanderlust"

black bathing suit -> should've stayed as "if this is the end i want a boyfriend"

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

come when you call me A.M.E.R.I.C.A (corny) 

dragonslayer (looks better separated)

summer of sam (corny)

meet me in the pale moonlight (also corny) 

dum dum (ugly)

television heaven (just no.) 

:pft:

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7