Venice Jesus Whore

What type of Lana fan are you in terms of buying her albums?

1. Do you buy her albums or just stream them?
  2. If you buy them, do you buy them digitally, buy CDs, or buy vinyls?
  3. If you buy them, do you buy all of her albums or only select ones?
  4. if you buy them, do you buy multiple copies, like limited editions?

For me, I sporadically buy her albums. I bought BTD, Ultraviolence, Lust for Life, and NFR, and Violet (digital audiobook if that counts). I always buy physical (CDs) now when I buy, but I originally bought BTD on iTunes. Part of me wants to go back and buy all of her albums so I have them all in a CD collection, but it feels kinda like a waste of money when I’m getting nothing new, and I don’t even use CDs. They’d just sit on a shelf.

What are your Lana album buying habits?

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

i try to buy CDs or LPs, depending on whats available to me.

i dont buy digital cos A) i have downloaders for digital files and B) i buy physical copies that i can rip into digital form

the only Lana album i dont have a physical copy of is Ultraviolence and the pre-BTD albums

CDs

1. Lana Del Rey - Born to Die (2012)
  2. Lana Del Rey - Paradise (2012)
  3. Lana Del Rey - Honeymoon (2015)
  4. Lana Del Rey - Lust for Life (2017)
  5. Lana Del Rey - NFR! (2019)
  6. Lana Del Rey - Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass (2020)
  7. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over the Country Club (2021)
  8. Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters (2021)

LPs

1. Lana Del Rey - Born to Die (2012)
  2. Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails Over The Country Club (2021)

i just stream them because i don’t really have any use for CDs. i don’t have a record player or i would’ve already bought some vinyls but i just haven’t got around to buying one :hooker: i’m tempted to buy some of her cassette tapes though  

I bought BTD the Paradise Edition CD back in 2013 and I used to carry it around with me all the time. Then from 2014-2015 I was in my unreleased Lana era, so I listened to her mostly on youtube, until Honeymoon dropped. Then I started collecting her CDs, I believe I have all of then by now - I don't have a record player so they're a cheaper and more practical option for me. But the last time I listened to her on CD was in 2019 (NFR) because my little radio broke :xcry: 

For COCC and BB, I bought them on apple music, but around mid 2022 I bought both CDs just to collect them, I never listened to them or anything. But if everything goes right I'll get a new radio and buy DYKTTATUOB on CD too.

So yeah, even though I have all her CDs I mostly listen to her on streaming 

I used to only buy the albums on iTunes (BtD, Paradise, UV, Honeymoon) and bought the CDs of them years later. Starting with LFL I would buy the CD and iTunes version the day of release. I didn’t buy the COCC CD because I hated the cover :toofunny:  I later bought the special edition blue vinyl with her and the wolf on the cover. I bought all the vinyl variants and CD variants for BB because I loved the covers so much. I have preordered all the vinyls and CDs for DYKTTATUOB. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

i buy her records on vinyl (no use for CDs, though i do get the boxsets) and stream them in addition to listening on vinyl. i don't own BTD tho bc i never listen to it and its my least fav; otherwise i own every other record.my collection thus far:

–UV: UO version

–HM: standard cover/red vinyl & cd boxset

–LFL: standard vinyl & cd boxset

–NFR: UO version 

–Violet: pic disc

–COCC: UO green vinyl, Target red vinyl/alt cover, Spotify pic disc & cd boxset

–BB: standard cover/white vinyl

–DYK...: Amazon pink vinyl & indie green vinyl (& will get the boxset if we get one)

aOaIzH2.gif

I buy all Vinyl*
At least the Standard CD, Probably will also pick up the Target on sale?

I pick one cassette, Usually an alt cover - But the Standard is fine.

I preordered iTunes digital album this time.

I want the titty box.

Also I’m not huge on merch, but I want the Zippo.

I’ll Stream on Spotify.

:ma:

*As long as a Chemtrails isn’t pulled again, I mean I loved the album, But 11 variants was my breaking point.

IMG-3521.jpg

I like to buy vinyls of her records but tbh I did not like cotcc or bb enough to buy them on vinyl, even though bb does have some really great songs. Normally I like to buy a limited edition color vinyl or whatever alt cover art is most beautiful that’s available. 
i miiiight buy ocean blvd but it depends on how much the music hits for me I guess- vinyl is too expensive for me to be collecting records that I’m not completely in love with :xcry:

I should add that I have UV, HM, LFL, NFR on vinyl, and BTD+P, UV & HM on CD 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I primarily use streaming, but I do have a pretty decent physical Lana collection. On vinyl, I have every album but Honeymoon and NFR (which is ironic considering those are my two favorite Lana records, but I'm gonna get them one day :true: And I preordered the standard cover for Ocean Boulevard, so that'll be coming to my collection soon). I have a copy of AKA on vinyl with the "official" albums, which is pretty special to me. I also have self-made copies of AKA and Sirens on CD that I've been working on making booklets for for like a year now, I just keep putting off getting them printed lol. 

imageproxy.jpg

yeah im a hardcore cds fan so my criterias are

1. buy all albums on cd

2. if album has delux buy only deluxe version, but only standart cover variant

3. buy boxset for every possible album

4. only foreign pressing (us/uk/germany are most preferable) 

5. if its out of stock trying to buy as New copy as possible

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

i bought btd on cd around when paradise dropped when i was like 10 bc the record store clerk told me i'd like it, then i didn't buy her music at all until i started collecting vinyl in 2020 now i have all her albums and preorder whenever a new one drops

I bought the Born To Die CD when I was 12. Then I didn’t buy another Lana album (just streamed) until NFR on CD. And now I pre-ordered Did You Know on vinyl and mightttttttt pick up the box set if/when it drops. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I have all of her CD's for long (and short) drives, and have all her vinyls except for Ultraviolence and Blue Banisters. I'll get those two eventually

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I buy too much suofoydyo I've have a lot of albums digitally because I prefer the smoothness of the songs over streaming. Also buying an album helps Lana a lot more than streaming. I also have a lot of physicals as well

UV: Deluxe boxset

HM: Red vinyl

LFL: Boxset

NFR: UO pink vinyl

Violet: Green vinyl

COCC: Red vinyl, yellow vinyl, green vinyl, rsd blue vinyl, target cd.. too many

BB: White vinyl, red vinyl, target cd

DYKTTATUOB: Baby pink vinyl, green vinyl, and the boxset when she drops it

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:
  • Do you buy her albums or just stream them?
  • If you buy them, do you buy them digitally, buy CDs, or buy vinyls?
  • If you buy them, do you buy all of her albums or only select ones?
  • if you buy them, do you buy multiple copies, like limited editions?

1 + 2. CD: BTD, The Paradise Edition, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, LFl, NFR, Blue Banisters
       Vinyl: BTD (Deluxe), Paradise, NFR (UO exclusive)

Digital: Young and Beautiful, Tropico EP, Ultraviolence (iTunes deluxe), Love single

3. I used to buy them as they came out, stopped partly because I wasn't interested in COCC at the start, partly because I rarely buy new CDs/CDs not on sale. Will buy COCC + Ocean Boulevard soon.

4. Kinda? I got UO of NFR coz I liked that cover more originally but I adore the standard cover now, but I have it that cover on CD so I'm ok. I have wanted the Honeymoon UO vinyl for years, used to want UO Ultraviolence but I'm not too pushed now. Regret not buying the Love vinyl. Will soon buy Ultraviolence (Japanese Version) for Flipside and Is This Happiness on physical.