Venice Jesus Whore

What type of Lana fan are you in terms of buying her albums?

Do you buy her albums or just stream them?

Both, although I stream her music much more often.

If you buy them, do you buy them digitally, buy CDs, or buy vinyls?

When I could get them in bundles from her webshops, I'd get a CD and vinyl. Now, I tend to go for vinyls as I know I can get the standard cover CD for much cheaper a couple of years later. Colored vinyls are more fun than black, so that's what I go for. :) Never bought a cassette tape, there's an old walkman at home but no one uses it anymore - I'd most likely stream the album instead, or bring out my old iPod.

If you buy them, do you buy all of her albums or only select ones?

I like to support all her album releases. :D

if you buy them, do you buy multiple copies, like limited editions?

Can't afford all variants, and I don't feel the need to own every version of an album either. I buy the one that appeals to me the most, within reason. (The only ones I got from Urban Outfitters are Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, and Norman, and they don't seem to have super exlusive stuff anymore so I'm not desperately in need of their vinyls anymore... which my wallet it grateful for, considering the shipping and taxes.) I was hesitant to buy the UV boxset (was a lot of money and I was ever tighter on my budget back then) and sadly let it go, and I haven't felt a need to own any other box set so... yeah. Colored vinyls are my thing, I guess. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Do you buy her albums or just stream them?

I bought her 2012-2017 discography. After that I just stopped buying music overall and completely switched to streaming. I bought NFR! for a friend in 2020 though.

If you buy them, do you buy them digitally, buy CDs, or buy vinyls?

CDs.

If you buy them, do you buy all of her albums or only select ones?

I used to buy everything the moment they dropped.

if you buy them, do you buy multiple copies, like limited editions?

Not really.

I stream her music on Spotify and Apple Music.

I also bought all of her albums/songs she has had on iTunes as I love to have her on my phone and iPad.

I have the Paradise, Ultraviolence, Lust For Life and Honeymoon Box.
The other albums on CD including her debut BTD even though I have the Paradise Box.

(I don’t like Vinyls.) 

I love to get special editions like her boxes or deluxe editions. If there’s just a standard version I buy that one. 

depends on how good the singles are, how excited i am, and my financial standing :bebe: when i buy music it’s always on vinyl. LFL, Violet, and BB are the only lana albums i haven’t bought; LFL because i didn’t have any money when the preorders went up and by the time i did have enough money the album was already released and i didn’t like it enough to buy it. BB because i didn’t like the singles very much and i wasn’t excited enough to impulse purchase it considering Chemtrails came out that same year and i was feeling kind of oversaturated with Lana music at the time. Violet because i never would’ve spun it, and again because NFR had still come out fairly recently and i was kind of oversaturated

i have bought every single Ocean Blvd variant though which i haven’t done before. I only have 1 variant of all of the other albums i own; the UO exclusives of UV, HM, and NFR, the standard pressings of BTD and Paradise, and the pale yellow pressing of Chemtrails

I used to buy them all on CD, then I started buying them on vinyl. My collection is honestly kind of a mess.

CDs:

- Born to Die (Deluxe)

- Ultraviolence (Target CD w/ Flipside ofc)

- Honeymoon

- Lust For Life

- Chemtrails (w/ signed art card)

Vinyl:

- Born to Die (Target Red)

- Ultraviolence (UO + UK Deluxe)

- NFR! (Lime + Translucent Blue)

- Violet (Cream + Blue)

- Chemtrails (All variants except Blue - yuck)

- Blue Banisters (Translucent White, Target Red, + Translucent Yellow)

Tapes:

Chemtrails (random beach cover lol)

And all variants of Ocean Blvd on pre-order.

I still need Paradise, Honeymoon, and LFL on vinyl, but I haven’t heard good things about their quality and I want them in color, so I haven’t bought them yet (refuse to pay those resale prices).

I also stream on Spotify - Lana’s my #1 on Last.fm BY FAR.

I've bought every CD on the day of release with the exception of BTD-PE, which I bought the day after I first heard it (24/11/13), and Blue Banisters, which I got a day late due to wanting to use a gift voucher that wouldn't activate on the day. I  used to buy a tonne of CDs, but I think the last four CDs I bought were Lana ones, as I said, on day of release. As for listening, I both stream and listen to the HQ rips I make.

I have multiples of UV because I got the Australian one straight away, the German one for the alternate WC, and the Target edition for Flipside. I got multiples of the Paradise Edition because for a long time here they were cheap ($10 Australian = about $7 US), and I was giving them away to friends. I think I still have a spare. I got the Honeymoon CD box set because it was cheap online briefly. I also have a few of the CDs with exclusive tracks - the Emile album; Mando Diao; Great Gatsby OST; and a few others.

I plan on getting Ocean Blvd on day of release on CD.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I used to just stream the albums when they came out because back then I was in the mindset of I'm not going to actually use a CD, cassette, or vinyl so why should I buy it, but starting with chemtrails I've started buying variants that I like lol especially box sets :true:

I think from chemtrails I bought a cassette and the box set, from BB I got a CD, and then I've also collected the Honeymoon and LFL box sets from other sellers

Buuuut with Ocean Blvd I am so in love the artwork that I bought (so far) the light pink vinyl, the light green vinyl, ans the standard CD...and I'm planning to buy one of the target variants and the box set :delish:

14 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i unironically buy every single music related thing she puts on sale (digital songs and albums, vinyls, cd, cassette, anything idc) i am the definition of a sucker that just buys everything and i love that for me 

same i buy everything she releases

always buy full album on itunes and then one physical vinyl release, except for chemtrails where i got grey online store exclusive + rsd and did you know white store exclusive, amazon exclusive + indie store exclusive :hooker:

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

i've bought everything since COCC, i have her other albums on cd and vinyl going back to born to die. i have tapes, cds, vinyl. i've bought the box set of FJM's album so i have her cover on physical and have her single releases and am now finally getting all of the others i missed out from when i was a teenager (like the repressings of earlier albums' limited editions)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Even though I’ve been an LDR fan since 2013, I found myself buying CDs less often by that time and didn’t become a “bigger” fan until a few years later anyway. Lust for Life was the only CD of hers of I’ve bought and interestingly, it was one of the last CDs I’ve purchased, period. 

I stream all of my music now, by I did buy Ocean Blvd on vinyl. It’s more for an aesthetic, but I’m debating on getting a proper record player at some point. If I do, I might be more inclined to purchase some of her other records on vinyl. I still might buy them anyway, lol… I like the artwork and aesthetic of vinyl. 

I should save up and focus more on seeing her in concert, than buying more physical media that I may never play… the struggle is real 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

for the longest time I couldn't buy any physicals so when I started to get a proper paycheck I made sure to buy every album available on CD because I love CDs and can't afford vinyls yet

that being said I like to have every album, what's only missing now are the bootleg aka and sirens, just to complete the whole lana lore. I stream everything tho, but only started to stream around july of 2020

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg