Sign in to follow this  
evalionisameme

Amy Winehouse(Back To Black) begins filming-controversy ensues

the tragedy of amy winehouse doesn’t need any more interpretations or exploitation. this is in such poor taste, doesn’t even look like her. don’t understand why people want to continue watching this woman’s lowest, most distressing moments instead of honouring her art…

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

just adding onto my point, i don’t know about you guys but i’d be so much more interested in learning about the behind the scenes of making back to black and frank, instead of watching what we are constantly fed by these ‘documentaries’ and ‘biopics’ about her. it’s actually disturbing that when i want to learn about amy’s career i’m met with an overwhelming amount of content on her trauma and mental health/addiction.

i’ll hold a little bit of hope that these shots we’ve seen so far - that have already been repeated and exploited dozens of times - are just a minor part of the biopic. but that’s clearly wishful thinking

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

41 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

This is going to be another Marilyn Monroe situation, unfortunately. Everything is in such poor taste. 

Let these women rest in peace - Lady Diana, Marilyn, Amy, Whitney... what's up with Hollywood's obsession with them?? 

Because so many industries are built on the destruction and defamation of powerful women 🤷‍♂️ and so many people will watch them unfortunately. You get the people who watch it because they want tragedy and gossip/insight on these women, and then you have the other audience that believe watching things like this is ‘educational’ - which is frustrating when so much of the plot and story is twisted and dramatised such as in Blonde.

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

3 hours ago, honeymoonwhore said:

This is going to be another Marilyn Monroe situation, unfortunately. Everything is in such poor taste. 

Let these women rest in peace - Lady Diana, Marilyn, Amy, Whitney... what's up with Hollywood's obsession with them?? 

there's your answer

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

I haven’t had a good feeling about this since the news broke and the photos surfaced. It doesn’t seem like it will delve into her story in a bright-sided way, and feels exploitative of her story — especially since it hasn’t even been 12 years since her passing. I’d love to be proven wrong, but with Hollywood’s trend of capitalizing off of the trauma and hardships of late women, it’s hard to believe otherwise. 

Absolutely fucking not. I won't be watching. Amy was my favorite singer when I was growing up and this seems extremely distasteful. I doubt her mother approved of this. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

we should've learned our lesson from blonde that maybe we shouldn't keep making films about women and their struggles for other's entertainment, especially since they never do their story justice, they always disrespect them, objectify them, and try to tarnish their image

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

I actually think her family are most likely the problem… Mitch was somewhat involved with this production and the Amy biopic didn’t present either of them in the best light-moreso ignorant to her struggles.

Which is why Mitch disowned it…

But I imagine the studio had more to do with what this vision seems to be.