Beautiful Loser

YouTube recommendations / What you have been watching lately

Hi!

So, I'm a student (but not for much longer!) without a TV or series/movies streaming account, so sometimes I just find something to watch on youtube instead. Sometimes I can stream things for free on my state owned TV channel (think like BBC), sometimes they offer nothing interesting, and sometimes I run out of things to watch on youtube, so I figured it might be nice to share things we like and/or recommend to others. I wrote a blog post half a year ago about things I've watched, and I might repeat some of them here.

Some of the things I've watched and recommend:

Food

Pasta Grannies

These old ladies have decades of knowledge and are happy to share their recipes, often making local specialities from all over Italy, from the very north to the south. It's just comforting to watch them and hear their life stories. Here's a nice video featuring three grannies instead of only one!

Bruno Albouze

He's a masterchef with humor. What more do I need to say? I've only tried one of his recipes (a mango chocolate spongecake) but they all look delicious!

Imamu

A Japanese couple living in Canada, and this lady shares her cooking "disasters" and success with good humor. Wholesome to watch and inspiring too. You will see a lot of Japanese mayo in the videos, haha!

Travel

Attaché

As I was running out of things to watch, I decided to look for travel vlogs of places where friends and family live, just for fun. This channel makes some really well-made videos, very cinematic. :)

Italian secret spots

This is really a TV series, and I've recommended it before in my blog, but I think it's worth mentioning again. :) It was fun to watch and learn more about different places and Italian traditions! The woman who narrates and hosts the show has Italian roots and speaks well enough to make conversations with strangers feel inviting and intimate.

TV series and films

Lighter and Princess

I gave this a try after finishing another, very disappointing, Chinese drama show. I'm SO glad I gave this one a chance, because I LOVE it! I'm sure I'll re-watch it again sometime in the future. You get to follow two programming nerds from the first day of university, all the way to post-graduation. It's a typical enemies-to-lovers story and the characters feel a bit manga-ish at times, meaning that they're a bit too "loner but genius guy who no one understands" and "she can fix him", but. Did that make it bad? Nope. It was very sweet, and I didn't expect some of the plot twists. Was kinda sad once I finished this drama, haha. The subtitles are quick though, so you've been warned for that.

Agatha Christie's Poirot

As I was running out of things to watch, I gave Poirot a chance... not too bad. :agree:

Cowboy Bebop

It's no longer on youtube (from what I can see, most likely because of copyright reasons), but I gave this anime classic a try a year ago and fell in love with it. Space bounty hunters just trying to have enough food, and Spike, the main character, trying to move on from his past. Very fun and cool concept, and I love that each episode is named after a song.

Cunk on Earth

It’s SO funny, please watch it if you want a good laugh!

Say yes to the dress

it's my guilty pleasure, it's so scripted at times lol but anyway, the best shows are with Jo & Al, and Gok as consultants, they seem so genuine <3

For studying

Abao in Tokyo

For those times when I really  need to focus and throw my phone away and just do my shit, I use this guy's videos. You don't need to set a timer, he has it for you a la the pomodoro technique (25 min work, 5 min break), and after every break, there's a nice message waiting for you, which makes me feel a little bit less lonely when I sit in my small room. If you make it to the end, there's a surprise waiting for you as a reward! If you prefer music, there's a version of that too.

Coffee shop ambiance

Nothing special, just a nice view and some ambiance. :)

Commentary videos

Zoe Unlimited

I've recommended her before, and I'll do it again. She's spot-on with her observations on social media and pop culture trends, how it affects our minds and how something can be good or bad, especially for teenagers and young adults in this age. She's also open and honest about her journey to leave her eating disorder and depression behind her, about her relationship with her family and friends. I wish her channel was there for me five years ago when I felt like I was the lonliest person in the world, because she feels a bit like an older sister.

I watched quite a lot of documentaries a year ago, but I haven't done that this semester. I might get back to that though!

What are some of your golden youtube nuggets? :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The Lowe’s Bucket introduced me to Puppet History, I really like their stuff!

I love Donut Media, Especially their Up To Speed series, I love Automotive History & Recommended most of their videos for people wanting to learn!

Regular Car Reviews, Definitely the most unique & underrated car reviewer. He’s hilarious!

Hot Ones, I wouldn’t have thought a show about eating wings would be Amazing. But here we are…

I have to go, But I’ll post more later!

:ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

ive been watching don's life carmen kingy and the weeknd ahtd tour concepts 

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

for anybody who's interested in fragrance (specifically women's fragrance, sweet fragrances) ksenja is my favorite

for true-crime, i've been watching kendall rae for years

hailey elizabeth is another good one!

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

and shprism (subscribe to her if you like kpop and art direction breakdowns n stuff :))

and cj the x for video essays!

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

Not Borderline, but found this channel a while ago when their psych x patient interviews were being pushed via the algorithm, I subbed due to interest and forgot about the channel until recently. They posted a new video:

"Borderline Notes"

It's interesting to see the difference in comments. It ranges from "As someone with blablabla, it was brave for xyz to show this vulnerability and blabla", while other comments tell people "Don't fall for this facade, they will RUIN your LIFE, like my ex xyz, disturbing".

I've mentioned Skyrim in my previous posts on the site, besides viewing mod compilations, I like Zero Period Productions. He usually plays through questline or follower mods. Here is his ongoing modded main game playthrough!

This was also in my recent history, and still relevant to today:

forgot about this thread but i really like it! so here's a great video i enjoy rewatching especially while eating :)

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7