palemoonbaby

Cringe at r/lanadelrey thread at reddit

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

this is so well put and you hit the nail on the head. people are so quick to call all shocking or sometimes offensive art “problematic” when that isn’t the case at all in most situations

Right?! And thank you <3 I also think we have idolized films that delve into this exact kind of subject matter—or even darker topics—to the extent that we’ve gone on to hail them as cinematic masterpieces and cultural staples (and rightfully so, these films are amazing). So I definitely think there are elements of misogyny and sexism at play here. It could also be the medium (song vs film), but that is such an unsound argument so I really think it’s the former. 

24 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

ok but what are we going to do when r/lanadelrey posts a “lanaboards cringe thread” :xgiggle:

at least I know I won’t be on it wbk x 

@baddisease watch out tho girl! :hottie:

Right right

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

going back to this because @past the bushes reminded me of it... i actually think it's pretty weird/disrespectful to randomly call a woman a "whore" or a similar term... even if they're just trying to be edgy or whatever... i just think it's a little gross

not to mention the sexual comment in the middle of the post that makes my skin crawl :awkney:

you're absolutely right. it's disturbing in any case, but knowing that these kinds of people specifically call themselves a "fan" and then proceed to come up with some sexual scenario and use terms that are used to demean women, yet mask it as though they're showing praise is disgusting and weird.

*even more so that they seem confident enough to also post it as though their thoughts are normal enough to share. :eartha2:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

at this point they might as well re-name the sub to "/r/lanadelreyandtaylorswift" :eartha2:

exactly. That is why I was banned from r/lanadelrey and created my own subreddit r/lanitas 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

at this point they might as well re-name the sub to "/r/lanadelreyandtaylorswift" :eartha2:

I feel kind of bad for the taylor swift fans though, just take a look at taylor's sub rules :rip:

LAMO

This is basically all of reddit :uh: what even is allowed in there

4 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

I've been watching the hotsummerlilac chronicles of r/popheadcirclejerk with bated breath and to find out that it was a lanaboards member all along is such a full circle moment  :oprah:

I only joined recently because Reddit has been getting worse. Unfortunately I am now under strict moderator supervision here and my posts need to be approved. I am hoping this changes so I can leave Reddit forever and call lana boards home. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

3 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

I feel kind of bad for the taylor swift fans though, just take a look at taylor's sub rules :rip:

LAMO

This is basically all of reddit :uh: what even is allowed in there

damn are they even allowed to discuss anything there?

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I haven’t checked that rotten place in forever but I remember back in like 2017 all people did on there was post those weird faceswap edits of Lana on teenage girls’ bodies and make endless posts about how her face has changed so I made a post about how the sub needs some stricter rules cause the posts on that sub were so low quality and cringe n then one of their shitty mods replied with this dumb ass comment:

and ever since I’ve been a hater! r/lanadelrey you can burn! (they did end up changing their rules after that post tho sksk guess it didn’t do much since the posts on there r still shit)

qfrWuBl.png

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Lana is a sexy person but what possess people-especially some of her male fans to describe wanting to spank her ass or feel her  body is just TMI and demeaning-“think” -don’t post the damn comment.

and they use this 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵 emoji a lot it makes me FERAL

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Lana is a sexy person but what possess people-especially some of her male fans to describe wanting to spank her ass or feel her  body is just TMI and demeaning-“think” -don’t post the damn comment.

Because men are disgusting :true:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

Just now, honeymoonwhore said:

and they use this 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵 emoji a lot it makes me FERAL

Exactly, I think a lot of us fantasise about people but posting it where people can see it and feel threatened is another thing entirely.

On another point im sick of this taylana stuff-I don’t hate Taylor but their collab has created this semi-insufferable sub fanbase-the Marina/Lana one was okay but the Taylana one seems more aggressive.

22 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

they think it's okay because she's a celebrity and "won't see it" but I'm sure she sees a lot more than we think...

😋🫶🏼