palemoonbaby

Cringe at r/lanadelrey thread at reddit

4 hours ago, honeymoonwhore said:

first thing I see when I open reddit... I think they're trolling, but at least try to make it funny 

what is with that subreddit and sexualizing/objectifying the shit out of her? it's so gross

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

5 hours ago, honeymoonwhore said:

first thing I see when I open reddit... I think they're trolling, but at least try to make it funny 

Isn’t she like barely legal in that sirens photo :bebe:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

25 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

Isn’t she like barely legal in that sirens photo :bebe:

Ugh the whole chart SO 🤮 Not just for Lana, but in general too. Just gross. 

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

48074-D05-23-C3-4478-94-F9-45-F66617-C7-

Are any of you on the Lana discord? Just wondering what you think regarding it, because they are linked, right? Maybe not. 

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

22 hours ago, stupidapartmentcomplex said:

c28m7l3olmy91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

the mental gymnastics they do to bring taylor swift up whenever possible

Omg, the “taylor is alive” comment is killing me 🤣🤣🪦

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

this is horrifying

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

22 hours ago, annedauphine said:

Ngl me and my two braincells are rolling

Omg 100%, mine are too lol

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

22 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

They have constant battles on women based on charts….they’re pretty cringe. 

I mean it’s just TMI like good for you I guess….

He stayed hard. But not anymore. OMG this shit is killing me. 

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

21 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

r/lanadelrey is no longer a safe space.

I know, I know. You can call me childish for wanting a safe place. Maybe there is no safe place in this dark world, but if you know me then you know that I’m a dreamer. I’m an idealist. I’m a lover.

My life has been so tumultuous and destructive, and r/lanadelrey was truly a safe haven for me to express myself and keep up with all things Lana, with a community of wonderful people who appreciate true ART. My posts were peaceful. My love was full. But now, that subreddit is a cesspool because of the complete infestation of that crook bitch Taylor Swift’s rabid fans.

When the “song” Snow on the Beach was released, we were having so much fun at r/lanadelrey. We made memes that playfully held Taylor Swift accountable because of her cold, calculated betrayal against Lana and Lana’s fans. You see, we Lana fans rise above. We could’ve wallowed in self-pity that we didn’t get a true Lana song, but we had fun with the situation instead by making fun of Taylor Swift. We know that woman needs to be held accountable for her reckless behavior, but us Lana fans are also so much fun and very light-hearted at our core, just like Lana. So, funny memes were everywhere! These memes and comments made me laugh and laugh. They made me totally forget about my disappointment regarding Snow on the Beach. And on a deeper level, these memes attacking Taylor Swift made me forget about my crippling drug addiction and dwindling relationship with my older brother. Like I said, r/lanadelrey was my safe haven. But that woman Taylor Swift and her rabid fans have now ruined the one place i had comfort and peace in my life.

Right now, that subreddit is just pitiful. Lana posted one Instagram story of her and Taylor from some party from like 4 years ago to promote snow on the beach (she had no recent photos as they aren’t friends at all). We all know Lana doesn’t care about Taylor Swift or that song, which she only did as an act of service for AA or something. She called it the “snow ❄️ song” and she didn’t even know the words when a fan started singing it to her on video, trying to get her to sing along. Lana just whispered in the background of the song while trying not to laugh. And that’s okay, we can be proud of Lana for holding firm boundaries with Taylor.

But now, this 4 year old photo is being posted over and over and over again! “TAYLANA TOGETHER OMG!!!” “IM SO GLAD THEYRE FRIENDS!!!” “TAYLANA FOR LIFE!!!” and all that bullshit is crowding r/lanadelrey. And half of the posts now are along the lines of “DAE Think Taylor is super talented and we shouldn’t hate on female artists???” “DAE love Snow on the Beach???” “DAE not like Taylor Swift being cyber bullied???” It’s just not the same r/lanadelrey it used to be. Now it’s just another Taylor sub. And any accountability on this topic is downvoted and removed.

I am sorry for this long rant I just didn’t know what else to do. I feel like this subreddit understands me more than all others at this point. and I am honestly worried about being kicked out of r/lanadelrey at this point. I’m sure a Swiftie is going to grab a moderator role and ban me retroactively because of my history of holding Taylor Swift accountable for her actions. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Have a great day.

I’m with you. Sucks when your safe place, escape place gets toxic. I thought the subreddit was gonna be one for me since I’ve never been active in the fan community ever. But yeah I’ve had different  places go south. It's the worst. 

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

20 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

this is so well put and you hit the nail on the head. people are so quick to call all shocking or sometimes offensive art “problematic” when that isn’t the case at all in most situations

That reminds me of a quote I still love. “Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.” 

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON