Elle

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ MITA Festival - May 27th, 2023

The performance was so good!! I don't think I've ever seen a Lana concert with so much production, especially the opening.

My only complaint, did anyone else notice the weird vocal track during parts of Ride? Like when she sings "don't break me down" and the track echoes it back. The track sounds like two people yelling the lyrics into an iphone 4 and then playing it on the speakers. Her actual voice was lovely though

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

ALSO the crowd chanting "Lanita" between Blue Jeans and NFR :thumb::hype::hype:

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

anyways, after the initial hype, i just want to say that i wish they could:

• fix the mic issue next time they do the Jimmy intro / Bartender outfit change
  • swap some older non-mass pleaser highlights tracks (e.g. Bartender, Cherry, Ultraviolence, Pretty When You Cry, Blue Jeans, White Mustang, Diet Mountain Dew etc.) with newer / never-performed tracks
  • turn up a bit for her mic stem
  • do a proper taco truck x vb with the GET HIGH DROP ACID NEVER DIE NOT TONIGHT chant

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

She lipped most of the it :deadbanana:? I’m watching the whole show right now and oh wow her voice is shot. She’s struggling very hard to sing properly :lange:. Cherry was a mess. She literally can’t sing a full sentence :lange:.

Her voice was beautiful. You just want to complain everyday.

She was nervous initially but picked it up around BTD.

I actually liked the setlist, except for the weird exclusion of West Coast (like come on :(). A Honeymoon song would have been nice too.

Why does she run into sound problems so much though? Makes me so sad because her vocals seemed very on tonight. It sounded amazing when the crowd would go quiet and she would sing very loudly during certain moments. I wish the entire show could have been that clear. Overall, absolutely loved seeing her perform again. You can tell that she was overwhelmed with emotion and probably would have done it all night if she could.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

I actually liked the setlist, except for the weird exclusion of Pretty When You Cry and West Coast (like come on :().

Why does she run into sound problems so much though? Makes me so sad because her vocals seemed very on tonight. It sounded amazing when the crowd would go quiet and she would sing very loudly during certain moments. I wish the entire show could have been that clear. Overall, absolutely loved seeing her perform again. You can tell that she was overwhelmed with emotion and probably would have done it all night if she could.

She did perform PWYC, it just got cut from the stream for some reason.

2 hours ago, takemybreath said:

Backstage :flutter:

20230527-234735.jpg

20230528-015656.jpg

20230528-015659.jpg

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Her voice was beautiful. You just want to complain everyday.

She was nervous initially but picked it up around BTD.

It’s not just nerves. She’s threading hard through the notes so her voice won’t crack. It’s her current voice that is making her nervous. You can see in her face. She’s having major difficulties staying on melody. Her voice is simply shot and won’t come out similar to having a cold/sore throat. Also a quick glance to the people around her (her band/back up singers). They are all aware she’s struggling.

Just listen to Young and Beautiful. It’s not even in its original key. And she can’t sing Video Games normally either for more the few seconds before raising her voice and starts talk singing. This is very very bad/sad. I’m genuinely concern. How is she going to do a tour with her voice in this condition??? Tbh the signs have been here for a while since Blue Banisters. I’m been repeating this over and over that her voice has changed since that album and has not recovered.

25 minutes ago, Brat said:

The performance was so good!! I don't think I've ever seen a Lana concert with so much production, especially the opening.

My only complaint, did anyone else notice the weird vocal track during parts of Ride? Like when she sings "don't break me down" and the track echoes it back. The track sounds like two people yelling the lyrics into an iphone 4 and then playing it on the speakers. Her actual voice was lovely though

was that not the backup singers?

What are these random props the dancers have? Giant silver...fans?? :thumb3:

From SS to... umm, is that it? She wants to do more, she says.

those are the things people tan with. it's fitting for SS.

she was so cute during the whole set idc idc i just know she was nervous af after not being on the stage for like 3 years but she deliveredddddddd

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy