Elle

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ MITA Festival - May 27th, 2023

When she learns she’s running out of time (around the one hour 15 min mark) she says, “I wanna do my 2 songs” and then “ok skip Bittersweet” so I’m dying to know what it is now!!! 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

1 hour ago, Brightsun said:

Oh I don’t know what to say to be honest 

she was so nervous 

vocally it’s one of the worst ever 

the dress /the scenes  were so bad 

the best thing in the festival was the crowd 

im so  disappointed  let’s be real we love Lana but this was so bad she is was so nervous she fucked it 

I think you watched the wrong concert honey… She was nothing but nervous:smh: She was literally interacting with the crowd, making jokes and smiling throughout the whole set. Vocals weren’t one of the bests, but she definitely delivered on some songs like Candy Necklace. The dress was cute. Hair was on point. She even did an outfit and wig change! 

she was so nervous 

im so  disappointed  let’s be real we love Lana but this was so bad she is was so nervous she fucked it 

y'all are so annoying istg :eyeroll:

she was so nervous 

Did we watch the same thing???????? There were some issues at the very beginning but she absolutely SLAYED the rest of her set. Her vocals on Arcadia, the grants, and candy necklace were incredible and some of her best to date live. :oprah3:

faSE.gif

she was so nervous 

you must be kidding me

So I was at MITA last night and was so lovely to finally see Lana after 10 years! I was really happy that she sang Flipside, Ultraviolence and Cherry - my favorites. Also I was under the feeling I was a part of something really special being in her first concert in years. I could see she was very emotional and happy.

Unfortunatelly since I was so far from the stage I couldn't hear her too well, her mic sound was very low and honestly the parts I was able to hear the most was the playback parts. She was 20 minutes late and the outfit change took so long, as a result we endend up having shorten versions of the songs... 

Anyway was a great night but I was there at the Paradise tour concert in Rio back in 2013 and her singing was much better then, I was able to hear her voice perfectly and I was so close to the stage, so I at least have one great concert of hers to cherish. But I'm sure the folks who were very close to the stage last night probably had a totally different experience than I had.

7 hours ago, Creyk said:

Excuse you, it is the BEST song on Lust For Life and she knows it. That is why she made a video for it and has been singing it consistently ever since. She knows the cock anthem is that girl

what are u even on let me LAUGH:lmao: the song is good but an obvious filler that barely made the cut, she didnt even bother to record a new video for it and instead recycled it from immaculate song that deserved it much more, we dont need it anymore and it deserved to be swapped on another song that hasnt got boring throughout years of performing

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I think we witnessed HERstory. :oprah3:
It was the first edition of this new set/show, and it might need some adjustments here and there, but this is a pretty important and noticeable departure from her previous format. I loved the theatrics and how she now has actual back singers on stage as opposed to that loud backtrack.

The setlist was good, although some songs are long overdue for retirement, and singing like 1 minute of A&W and NFR was a choice—overall it wasn't that bad song-wise. I get that it's a festival and time is an issue, but it kinda felt too condensed at times.

I hope she keeps up with that energy, she really looked like she enjoyed herself and, dare I say, she never looked this comfortable on stage. :smile4:

The entire show was put together very professionally, and it looked like a headliner's set.

I agree, 'Arcadia' was pitch-perfect, and I'm glad she included it. I was also especially happy to see 'Born to Die' included, one of my favorites.

If I had been there, I would have been very pleased with that set. 

I don't expect her live vocals to be perfect, and I think she sounded good compared to some other live performances I've seen. 

Onwards and upwards. Look how the audience knew all the words to every song. I bet even in China they'd know all the words. 

And she looked great. 

18 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i swear it's always the lana stans that hate on anything she does, if you open any social media you'll see how everyone loved the concert

Fr - it’s like if she’s only played earlier albums everyone would’ve been mad she didn’t play stuff from NFR onwards

Then if she’d only played from NFR/COCC/BB/OB people would’ve bitched she didn’t play earlier stuff 

:notamused:

8 hours ago, barttttender said:

Starting the show with Moulin Rouge's Nature Boy is pure genius. Love her to death.

But, yeah, she was terribly nervous. It was obvious. 

I do appreciate more dancers, more elaborate staging, and the theatics of it all.

Also love that only Arcadia made it from BB. Fuck that album!

Stongly agree with the No 1 & 3.

watching again I agree that she didn’t sing some parts due to being nervous but her mic is actually very broken. It doesn’t seem to pick up when she sings low and has so little echo, also doesn’t amplify her voice enough. Wish she had some sort of a soundcheck mid concert but she probably didn’t even notice that it was low as her ear plugs usually have a different sound setting.

My only critique of the performance is that I really wish she would've projected her voice more into the mic, there are clearly parts she didn't feel comfortable singing. She was also very visibly nervous, but I'm very proud of her and pleased by the crowd's enthusiasm

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

37 minutes ago, Aline said:

Anyway was a great night

It was history! It was like a love fest bet. Lana and Brazil fans! May I venture a suggestion you enjoy the Multishow now so you can fill in the gaps of the glitchy audio?