Elle

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ MITA Festival - May 27th, 2023

40 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Damn you just took my thoughts and worded it in the perfect way lol, if I’d seen this comment before I wouldn’t have even written my simple version haha

No not at all!!! Your simple version got it across perfectly <3 I waffled on for paragraphs as usual. But I’m glad someone else got what I was saying. I was worried it wouldn’t make sense 

i get it that it sucked that she was late but wasn't she late for like 20 minutes only? was there someone playing after her? i thought she was the main headliner

i dont think being 20 minutes late for a headliner is a crime tbh ive been to many festivals and being 15-20 minutes late is often considered as being on time lmfao

with that being said if there wasn't anyone playing after her and there wasn't any curfew or shit this is quite lame that they cut her off

i"m sorry guy i don't mean to be rude

but let's just admit it she was so messy and nervous which is something not new to her she fucked up a lot of songs she sung some of them the best way ever but overall she was messy but it could be worst 

just because we love we just have to admit she was not that great yesterday maybe the crowed made her feel more nervous 

if she smiles and make jokes it does not mean she was comfortable I smile and make jokes when i feel stressed the most :prettyhurts: 

but : she was beautiful 

Setlist was unexpected and I loved that

she sounded perfect on ''candy necklaces"  i wish she sung the studio version that way

and also she sounded so good on some part of some songs and fucked up some of it

so overall it was messy but we love her and we know she is the best no one can say lana can't sing if so what is this ? :xcry::xcry::xcry:

This concert is appetizer to the next ones! It is so good! Next time the mic situation will be fixed. What I said:

The mic or monitor becoming unplugged is what caused the glitchy audio at the start! Lana is fastidious with her vocals audio quality, so this mic slip caused what could have been a disaster, but it got fixed when she changed her costume. That is why I think she took extra time in the dressing room scene . . . to fix the mic issue. Alex saw what was going on and tried to help.

Here is an upload of the first two songs: A&W and Y&B. Notice the feedback after Alex threads the mic or monitor back in! Lana's voice came back, but it wasn't 100%.

6 hours ago, Louise said:

The mic or monitor becoming unplugged is what caused the glitchy audio at the start! Lana is fastidious with her vocals audio quality, so this mic slip caused what could have been a disaster, but it got fixed when she changed her costume. That is why I think she took extra time in the dressing room scene . . . to fix the mic issue. Alex saw what was going on and tried to help.

6 hours ago, trailer park said:

She seemed extremely nervous and it showed. Didn't sing many parts because she couldn't breathe properly, relied too much on the backing vocalists at times and also on the backing track (which is something I wish she would stop doing and is truly inexcusable for certain simple tracks). I do think she will improve a lot, but she really needs to prepare better in the future imo

It is a massive success! I am moved by the elegant costume, the juxtoposition of gritty A&W to the refined and delicate Y&B, Lana's Hollywood star look, the camera angles, showing Lana against the ceiling light like it's a bare bulb during Y&B, the ballet quality choreography. If there were audio issues this first show, the audience made up for it with their enthusiastic singing and the emotion of Lana's reunion with Brazil!

43 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

i get it that it sucked that she was late but wasn't she late for like 20 minutes only? was there someone playing after her? i thought she was the main headliner

i dont think being 20 minutes late for a headliner is a crime tbh ive been to many festivals and being 15-20 minutes late is often considered as being on time lmfao

with that being said if there wasn't anyone playing after her and there wasn't any curfew or shit this is quite lame that they cut her off

Ya it’s super weird and she only had one extra song that she had to cut I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just let her play it 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

10 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Ya it’s super weird and she only had one extra song that she had to cut I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just let her play it 

Most festivals have to oblige to city's rules/laws, like they usually have to stop "making noise" past a certain time. For instance, the Coachella festival has to stop activities past a certain hour, otherwise they get fined for every extra minute (for which they usually do get fined)--in MITA's case, Lana pretty much said they would cut the power if she went on. 💀

8 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Most festivals have to oblige to city's rules/laws, like they usually have to stop "making noise" past a certain time. For instance, the Coachella festival has to stop activities past a certain hour, otherwise they get fined for every extra minute (for which they usually do get fined)--in MITA's case, Lana pretty much said they would cut the power if she went on. 💀

Ok so the festivals schedule was planned kinda poorly because delays happen all the time and they should’ve planned like extra 30 minutes just in case idk cause cutting off the main star of the festival isn’t looking good

17 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Ok so the festivals schedule was planned kinda poorly because delays happen all the time and they should’ve planned like extra 30 minutes just in case idk cause cutting off the main star of the festival isn’t looking good

Typical festival shenanigans :delish:

I don't think I'll ever understand the point in being on this site if all you're here to do is complain about Lana :coffee: Like there's genuinely no reason for you to be on a fan site for somebody you very obviously don't like. 

Anyways, I really loved this show, especially with it being her first one in 3 and a half years. I'm still in shock about Flipside being on the setlist though. That was probably the craziest part of the night and I loved it so much

imageproxy.jpg

I had a really really good time seeing this last night, smoking with my boyfriend :defeated: the show was spectacular, truly one of her best, and perhaps her most professional (?) one ever. It really looked like a headliner set. I loved the intro with the Marilyn look and then the look change omg... she looked on fire. Her legs and hair are to die for.

I feel like they fixed a lot of things from the past tour. The addition of much more dancers was a great decision imo. I personally opposed to the idea of having dancers for this tour, but seeing the final result I am pleased as hell. Cherry was a masterpiece in confidence, choreography, stage set and dare I say vocal performance too. Also I love that they aren't there for every single song, which for me was a mess during the NFR tour. The Bartender choreography was haunting. The band? Incredible. A lot of new arrangements, sections, interludes... they sounded fresh and creative. The band highlight for me was Byron singing the outro for Candy Necklace and Blake doing this amazing shoegaze ambient with the guitar. Lana herself seemed inspired, open minded and happy. Also gorgeoussssss.

I loved Bartender much more here than on the NFR tour, and that's my least favorite NFR song.

The Grants - fucking Flipside - Cherry was the best part of the entire show. Phenomenal performance. I can't believe she did Flipside, I was literally screaming the lyrics with my boyfriend laughing. Just SURREAL. Brought me so many memories of 2014. That was the best song from the setlist. Ocean Blvd was heavenly. I'm so glad she did that one.

All that being said, I do have to complain about the setlist itself. Young and Beautiful, Ride, Born to Die, Blue Jeans, Diet Mountain Dew, Summertime Sadness, Video Games... That's 7 Born to Die tracks! Get over it Lana lol. Young and Beautiful should've been cut, Born to Die and Blue Jeans should be a medley, Ride could be either cut in half or off the setlist. Same for SS. Diet Mountain Dew was cute and I'm glad she did it, but I hope it doesn't stay.

Bartender was great as a performance but she has so many other piano songs to play, it's not 2019 anymore. Paris Texas, hello? Same with Norman fucking Rockwell, she could've done The Greatest or maybe Mariners. Venice Bitch should be replaced with Taco Truck obviously. Pretty When You Cry, if she wants more of a rock song then Let the Light In is right there. Arcadia was really cute but I hope it doesn't stay, and I love Arcadia. Actually Norman - Arcadia - Ultraviolence - White Mustang was the worst part of the set. I'm so mad she did White Mustang, and I love that song. Video Games was really beautiful. 

She looked more like herself singing Ocean Blvd songs.

Then I had a small reunion with my boyfriend and friends, we were all so high omg, and I played many songs from Ocean Blvd lol. Beautiful night.

I honestly love this new format, I live for the theatrics, but I felt like the dancers were doing a little much during Video Games. It was kinda camp.

l9qm3C9.gif

watched the thing i cried so hard i still havent stopped. i didnt want her to leave. cathartic and beautiful ; thats what happens when you feel understood yk 

The reason why she didn't come down yesterday to greet fans like she always does

Infrastructure of this festival was terrible. they charged nearly $400 bucks so fans could secure a spot on the railing but they couldn't even fix it properly to the ground so it wasnt safe for the fans neither for her to come down

https://twitter.com/edubarr0s/status/1662859059937116165