Elle

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ MITA Festival - May 27th, 2023

14 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I honestly love this new format, I live for the theatrics, but I felt like the dancers were doing a little much during Video Games. It was kinda camp.

l9qm3C9.gif

This omg. It was the only bad choreo from the show.

Who else loved the transition from being a bit nervous at the beginning to her “who’s at charge tho” at the end xD ? 
the way she fought to stay overtime was the cutest!!

For once I'm actually really pleased by the setlist and she proved me once again why she was right choosing the same BTD songs, she truly kills VG, BTD and BJ up, it's where she sounds more condifent and you can truly hear her without most of the annoying ad-libs which most of her recent songs have and it's noticeable in every livestreamed performance since 2018.

The backing singers and the new arrangements are an absolute win! I wished she used the backing singers more for some tracks instead of the studio ad libs, they sound great together!  (those loud ad-libs need to go!)

Excellent show <3 I'm so excited for her tour!

8nl2OpX.png

Her giant smile when the crowd started screaming along to The Grants :crying5:

That was incredible. She absolutely killed it. Something about her nervousness, and the gradual uptick in confidence, is just so endearing.

5 minutes ago, rabbit said:

Her giant smile when the crowd started screaming along to The Grants :crying5:

That was incredible. She absolutely killed it. Something about her nervousness, and the gradual uptick in confidence, is just so endearing.

exactly like she was so nervous at the beginning, the mic wasn't working right, some problem with her dress etc and then she didn't want to leave :trisha:

Her last notes on Video Games were amazing she looked so satisfied. I think she really missed being on stage :krylie: so happy for her

hello I'm back and I think I'm alive!!! long ass post below, brace yourselves!

I just don't know if I have words to describe exactly the roller coaster of emotions that was to be there. it was definitely the most intense experience of my life and a night I'll never forget, I feel so blessed to have witnessed the absolute HERSTORY being made in front of my eyes. 11 long years waiting to finally get the chance to see her live and I feel like it was just worth the wait, nothing could've prepared us for what was about to come and I just feel extremely lucky for that to be my first lana show!

as soon as she hit the stage wearing the blonde marilyn/lizzy wig I thought I was gonna pass out. I never screamed so loud in my life. the lizzy stans were not paid dust, we were paid GOLD.

the backing vocalists, the stage design, the whole ass ballet crew, the outfit AND hair change, the choreographies, the interludes, the career visuals on the screen behind her, her vocals!!! truly unbelieavable. all the time I could hear people around me in shock she was serving that much production!!

I was nervous about not knowing the setlist beforehand but now I can say I'm glad I didn't, it really was the best thing ever to find it out right there at the time, SO MUCH FUN. she fucking slayed in every way possible. the setlist was random but so iconic I could not believe it. sure it was a bit of a bummer we still had several BTD tracks, no honeymoon and chemtrails tracks and the erasure of west coast and HBTB but honestly she performed fucking FLIPSIDE!!!! I lost my mind. singing "SO YOU THINK YOU'RE IN CHARGE??? DO YOU??? ACTING LIKE A BIG SHOT!!!!" was sOOOOO satisfying after so many years of her ignoring this song completely. I was SUPER excited for DMD and it was better than what I expected it to be, I need that version on streaming!!! the backing vocalists slayed so hard and they looked like angels, especially during bartender!!! just top notch chef's kiss so fucking good

but the biggest highlight of it all was lana's attitude. it just made me so happy, sosososo happy to see her the most confident and excited we have ever seen her on stage. I think the 4 years far from the stage was the best thing that could've happened, I don't remember seeing her so happy and eager to perform, she looked she could perform for 3 hours straight if she could. her happiness and love for our country is so genuine and I swear nothing else was more beautiful than seeing that. she looked very emotional a few times and everytime I saw her eyes glowing like she was about to cry I felt like crying too. that being said I cried my ass off during the grants (my mom too omg) and tunnel. it really was just like how imagined it to be, everyone emotional af screaming "LIKE ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIIIIIGHHHH THE WAY JOHN DENVER SINGS" and "DON'T FORGET MEEEEE", a whole ass del rey church mass, amazing.

also, seeing a bif of the diversity in this fandom filled my hear with joy. I went with my mom and we ended up meeting so many cool people, people from aaaalllll over the country, people who worked their asses off to travel from far away to see her! like, everyone I talked to did not live here in the city or anywhere close to here. also saw so many daughters with their mothers/fathers too just like me, older siblings with their younger siblings... it was so cute to see, honestly. also, so many goths and metalheads, lana really breaks the barrier, she IS the moment.

I can't wait to see what else she'll do during the rest of the tour!!!! I feel like she'll change a few tracks of the setlist, so I'm still hopeful to see tracks like honeymoon being played live, we definitely need it! anything is possible! the sky is the limit!!!

NOOOWW back to this bitch that that's this festival... MITA WHAT'S GOOD??? if it wasn't for everything I've mentioned above, I swear this festival would've delivered me the worst experience. from the get go, as soon as they started to sell tickets, you'll only see people either complaining or dragging them on social media and everyone is right. I hope this joke of a festival will never happen again and I really hope next time lana will come with a solo tour or at least with a festival that will actually respect her and her fans, because the amount of fuckery that was going on with this festival is truly unbelieavable. starting with the unnecessary gigantic VIP section (the existence of this VIP section actually), the big screens that had an awful delay and the audio that was actually so low for a big show like that. not to mention them basically disrespecting the only reason this festival sold out tickets by cutting her set off. overall a cash grab in everything. Music Is The Answer? no, MONEY Is The Answer and I want the owners of this festival to fucking CHOKE on my imaginary dick. lana definitely developed some type of back problems after carrying this whole festival on her back like the true QUEEN that she is.

but despite all of the issues, I would do it all over again and I recommend everyone going even if it's in the middle of the chaotic GA. I swear to you nothing gets bigger than the emotion of seeing lana live.

the end, thanks for reading!!!!

gretchen-escrevendo.gif

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

somewhere halfway through the show it almost seemed like something clicked back into place and she seemed so in her element again, like she was kinda nervous at the beginning but like she loved being up there by the end of it and she didn't wanna go

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

watching again the grants performance was such a highlight– esp to see her so obviously FEELING the music onstage in a way it felt she hadn't for a long time. wish she'd done the whole song! that followed by flipside was just incredible <3 in general just so lovely to see her connected to performing live again.

also dying to know who made her heels! they are so cute and she rocked the shit out of her whole look...still rocking the best legs in the game :wub:

aOaIzH2.gif

I've been watching tiktoks from this performance and constantly crying all day 

She looks SO happy to be in her element again, with her fans, singing her heart out omg :trisha:

8 hours ago, Brightsun said:

Oh I don’t know what to say to be honest 

she was so nervous 

vocally it’s one of the worst ever 

the dress /the scenes  were so bad 

the best thing in the festival was the crowd 

im so  disappointed  let’s be real we love Lana but this was so bad she is was so nervous she fucked it 

Me when i’m a negative person, deaf and blind. The concert was such a moment. The queen of Brazil!

I do wish she played some more songs off Ocean Blvd bc I think live versions of songs really make me appreciate them more. I’ve always been pretty neutral about OB (title track) but the live performance literally made me tear up:crying4:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I mean I thought this performance was really good vocally. Like the moments she was actually sang were really good, only a few rough moments but not more than normally. You could actually hear her this time, I feel like in the past you can barely hear her over the music

9 hours ago, Brightsun said:

Oh I don’t know what to say to be honest 

she was so nervous 

vocally it’s one of the worst ever 

the dress /the scenes  were so bad 

the best thing in the festival was the crowd 

im so  disappointed  let’s be real we love Lana but this was so bad she is was so nervous she fucked it 

ok sean

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I've seen some people already gave their reviews here but after months without logging into Lana Boards, I decided to show up here just to say that it was one of the most special, incredible experiences I've had in my whole life.

Last time I saw Lana was November 2013 so needless to say that I missed her a LOT. And then yesterday she was right there with an impeccable set list, she looked amazing, her costume was great. My god, it was absolute perfection. She's so special to me.

And we fucking had FLIPSIDE so nothing else in the world matters!!!

1 minute ago, Jord said:

I've seen some people already gave their reviews here but after months without logging into Lana Boards, I decided to show up here just to say that it was one of the most special, incredible experiences I've had in my whole life.

Last time I saw Lana was November 2013 so needless to say that I missed her a LOT. And then yesterday she was right there with an impeccable set list, she looked amazing, her costume was great. My god, it was absolute perfection. She's so special to me.

And we fucking had FLIPSIDE so nothing else in the world matters!!!

glad you loved it! watching her perform flipside for the first time over here in New York was surreal and I can’t imagine how crazy it must’ve been in Brazil. can’t wait to see how her shows evolve during this festival tour and how the setlist might change