Elle

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ MITA Festival - May 27th, 2023

5 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

Just found out she actually did Pretty When You Cry

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CszjTQWIPqn/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Β 

she did and it was a whole ass serve :wowcry:Β it's so strange they cut that off the livestream

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

6 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Maybe I imagined it but Florence's set seemed to run longer than Lana's with no threats to turn off the power

SO WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE OUR BITTERSWEET ANTHEM

Can someone for the love of god tell me what Bittersweet Anthem is? I presume it’s a new song or a mashup? (I know she said at the show she didn’t have time to play it, just wondering where it came from and what it is)

3 minutes ago, yourlilsuper8 said:

Can someone for the love of god tell me what Bittersweet Anthem is? I presume it’s a new song or a mashup? (I know she said at the show she didn’t have time to play it, just wondering where it came from and what it is)

We actually don't know but we think it might be a mashup of National Anthem and Sweet because she apparently told someone in the airport that she was doing National Anthem

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

16 hours ago, Orville Peck said:

my only complaint was that they took too long changing herΒ costume... they couldn't have just put a cape on her?

Β 

No! No capes!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Pretty much ended Madonna's career.

5 hours ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

The mic was on but I couldn’t hear anything so I’m disappointed by that.

Β 

was just thinking about the collapse if she sangΒ chemtrails live

Β 

she needs to retire a few btd songs.

Β 

the moments I could hear her I loved and she looks great, can’t wait to see moreΒ 

Β 

Yeah, Diet Mint Dew was unnecessary. Like, just do Summertime, Blue Jeans, Video Games and BTD - those are the tracks.

Β 

Instead of Diet, she coulda done Chemtrails.

57 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Β 

she did and it was a whole ass serve :wowcry:Β it's so strange they cut that off the livestream

Maybe they couldn't handle a song where the singer is literally on her back for most of it :blush2:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

23 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Β 

Yeah, Diet Mint Dew was unnecessary. Like, just do Summertime, Blue Jeans, Video Games and BTD - those are the tracks.

Β 

Instead of Diet, she coulda done Chemtrails.

I kind of agree but disagree at the same time

No setlist will ever be perfect (except LA To The Moon tbh) and there's always room for more current songs/songs she hasn't performed before but they were all a serve with their new arrangements and the energy that she gave tbh

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

We actually don't know but we think it might be a mashup of National Anthem and Sweet because she apparently told someone in the airport that she was doing National Anthem

Sounds more like a mashup of National Anthem and Bittersweet Symphony. The intros to both songs are kinda similar, so could actually be that way.

To all of you lovely innocent people talking about how she got more confident throughout the performance…pretty sure it was just the coke kicking in!Β 
The coke jaw was seriously swinging (as you can see here:Β https://s11.gifyu.com/images/SuToM.gifΒ )
Whatever makes herΒ happy and confident when performing Β :). It’s not like she’s ever hidden the fact that she’s taken coke!Β 

Β 

Thoughts after skimming through the first few songs:
Β 

• I was NOT expecting the Lizzy wig. Love it!Β 
  • I’m so glad she performed Bartender and that the audience sang along bc that song doesn’t deserve to be one of the lowest streamed songs on NFR on Spotify
  • I feel bad bc she seemed pretty nervous to me at the beginning. It looked like her body was shaking and her voice was a bit shaky too.Β 
  • She handled the mic issues like a pro, but the mic volume was too low compared to the audience. Hate when I listen to a performance and can mostly only hear the audience.Β 
  • her dancers are great and really compliment her
  • Flipside was a refreshing surprise and she seemed to get a lot more comfortable hereΒ 

Β Β It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

10 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

okay the festival is over and they just ended the transmission and from what I gathered there won't be a transmission of MITA SΓ£o Paulo

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruinedΒ :crai:

π™Έπšβ€™πšœ πšπš’πšŸπš’πš—πš πšπš’πš πšπš›πšŽπšŽ, π™Έπšβ€™πšœ πšπš’πšŸπš’πš—πš πš‚πš’πš•πšŸπš’πšŠ π™Ώπš•πšŠπšπš‘

11 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Perfect setlist:

Β 

A&W (full song)

Candy Necklace

Paris Texas (outfit change)

The Grants

Flipside

Let the Light In

Cherry

Grandfather

Born to Die / Blue Jeans medley

The Greatest

Yes to Heaven

Cinnamon Girl

Taco Truck

Peppers

Video Games

Ocean Blvd

I would end it with Taco x Venice Bitch .. soundingΒ off bang bang kiss kiss!

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Maybe they couldn't handle a song where the singer is literally on her back for most of it :blush2:

Β 

doesn't make since she also performed PWYC at lollapalooza 2018 and they still broadcasted the whole thing

Β 

2 hours ago, how the light shines in said:

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruinedΒ :crai:

Β 

I feel youΒ :crai:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

The Ride Monologue with all the clips from her previous eras with her just sittingΒ there and watching them was and is trully emotional.
It made me cry.Β :wowcry:
Amazing idea.

A few more thoughts on why she was so emotional during The Grants going into Flipside,

We already know that whatever Sean Larkin did to herΒ was fucked up and she still hasn't gotten over it. Proof being the A&W lyrics,Β car video, andΒ the billboard in Tulsa among other things. I took The Grants to be a song about her family, but I never really payed attention to the first verse

Β 

So you say there's a chance for us
Should I do a dance for once?
You're a family man, but, but

Β 

and in the performance she added

Β 

there's always a but

Β 

I think this confirms this song is about Sean too. The she transitions into Flipside

Β 

Or are you gonna hurt me later?
Are you gonna go to town?
Maybe you should play it safer

Β 

So you think you're in charge?
Do you?
Actin' like a big shot
I'm sure
So you think you're in charge?
Do you?
You're actin' like a big shot

Β 

At first I thought it was a little random to bring out Flipside, especially after The Grants (as much as I love Flipside- she barely ever acknowledged it) but it makes sense now, she's probably feeling those emotions all over again but this time with Sean.