Rio de Janeiro, Brazil @ MITA Festival - May 27th, 2023

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

i'm confused, is this lana's bandmate?

Β 

yep her drummer

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

12 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Β 

Are you sure? It seems he is a technician and stage manager based on his Instagram description.

Β 

and also drummer... it says on his bioΒ Touring Drum/Backline Technician/Stage Manager

or used to at least lol

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Β 

and also drummer... it says on his bioΒ Touring Drum/Backline Technician/Stage Manager

or used to at least lol

Β 

imagine if he shows up on stage later this weekΒ :toofloppy:

3 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

or used to at least lol

Β 

A drum / backline technician is someone who sets up the drums and other backline instruments. I don't think he is a drummer but I could be wrong too.

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Β 

imagine if he shows up on stage later this weekΒ :toofloppy:

Β 

since in his twisted xenophobic mind we're all the same and criminals I hope fans will go up the stage and steal his backup phone tooΒ :gurl:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

4 minutes ago, kitschesque said:

Lana's drummer has been Tom Marsh for the longest time, this one is probably a technician of sorts?

Β 

tom wasn't here tho

well whatever he is, he's still part of her team and his words are still hurtful

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

5 minutes ago, kitschesque said:

Lana's drummer has been Tom Marsh for the longest time, this one is probably a technician of sorts?

Β 

i would've been so disappointed if it was somebody from lana's touring band, it's probably some sort of behind-the-scenes guy

Β 

(still is disappointing that something like that was said at all, though, just wanted to clarify)

WGe8ynS.gif

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Β 

i would've been so disappointed if it was somebody from lana's touring band, it's probably some sort of behind-the-scenes guy

Β 

(still is disappointing that something like that was said at all, though, just wanted to clarify)

"disappointed" Β :thumb3:

Β 

Why would u be disappointed pls it's literally just an employee that has nothing to do w lana besides playing an instrument (if that)

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

"disappointed" Β :thumb3:

Β 

Why would u be disappointed pls it's literally just an employee that has nothing to do w lana besides playing an instrument (if that)

Β 

if you mean somebody who's a part of her touring band like blake or byron, because they've been a part of lana's touring band for many years, so we feel familiar with them, it would be disappointing that somebody who's been working with lana for many years that many of her fans are familiar with would say something insensitive and racist, at first i thought they were talking about tom marsh who's been working with lana since 2013

WGe8ynS.gif

On 5/27/2023 at 7:26 PM, Louise said:

The percussion! Who is it on those drums? Appreciate Tom Marsh and enjoy the new input from this new jazzy drummer!

It stressed me out and made me feel conflicted the amazing drummer on Saturday for Rio di Janero would post an IG like that . . . But the drummer Saturday night IS NOT Will W. Whitney . . . Someone speculated it is

It makes an good trivia question: who is the drummer for Lana's live tour?

Edited by Louise
Edited to shorten it. I think out loud and ramble - sorry!

8 minutes ago, Louise said:

It stressed me out and made me feel conflicted the amazing drummer on Saturday for Rio di Janero would post an IG like that . . . But the drummer Saturday night IS NOT Will W. Whitney . . . Someone speculated it is

It makes an good trivia question: who is the drummer for Lana's live tour?

Β 

I believe the drummer for this festival tour run is Carlin White. Will is not a drummer, but rather a stage manager/technician x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

β€’Β 4.18.14Β β€’Β 5.1.14Β β€’ 9.20.14Β β€’ 5.28.15Β β€’ 6.14.15Β β€’ 7.28.16Β β€’ 7.24.17Β β€’ 10.23.17Β β€’ 10.24.17Β β€’ 1.25.18Β β€’ 2.5.18Β β€’ 12.5.18Β β€’ 10.3.19Β β€’ 10.11.19Β β€’ 11.16.19 β€’

SFΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β INDΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β CHIΒ β€’Β LDNΒ β€’Β NYCΒ β€’Β NYCΒ β€’Β DCΒ β€’ ATLΒ β€’ NYCΒ β€’ PDXΒ β€’ SANΒ β€’ KS

Β 

21 minutes ago, Elle said:

Β 

I believe the drummer for this festival tour run is Carlin White. Will is not a drummer, but rather a stage manager/technician x

It's especially infuriating considering that this person makes money by travelling the world managing shows, which is a privilege.Β 

He is a guest in that country and it'sΒ ignorant and ungrateful and disgusting

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Imagine getting to go on tour with Lana Del Rey and then complaining about a stolen iPhone *shakes head*. Β I would takeΒ 50 iPhones and shove them upΒ my butthole to tour with LanaΒ :crossed:

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

6 hours ago, Elle said:

Thanx, Elle! That's some fun stuff! Later I will look up and listen to other tracks on which he played drums! πŸ™‚

Edited because I found his IG with plenty of snippets . . . Carlin White is in it for love of playing. @carlin_white on IG.

12828518_1700906773514075_12957666102539

ccΒ  @prettywhenimhigh