Sign in to follow this  
Rust Dress

Audiophiles Thread

When Wired, I had Peppermint Blue Gumy earbuds, Now my ULTRAVIOLENCE edition AirPods.

For projects Audio Technica’s ATH M20x.

I guess I’m not really an audiophile,

Though when I bought my turntable I spent literal days, Doing research on what style stylus & cartridge to buy…

:air:

IMG-3521.jpg

I really love my Grado 325x headphones. I bought them in 2021, so not sure if a newer version has come out, but they’re pretty fantastic for at home listening. The DAC built into my MacBook is supposed to be good (and even support high imepdence, tho the Grado’s are powered so never tested that feature)—but would love to get a really good desktop DAC for about 200CAD. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

im contemplating if i should get the new airpod pros, airpods max, or the dont xm4’s.. the most logical would be the xm4s but i would have to wait a couple weeks until i get paid. I get paid this so week so i’ll be able to get the airpod pros but idk if i want to wait until i have enough for the xm4s. someone help

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

im contemplating if i should get the new airpod pros, airpods max, or the dont xm4’s.. the most logical would be the xm4s but i would have to wait a couple weeks until i get paid. I get paid this so week so i’ll be able to get the airpod pros but idk if i want to wait until i have enough for the xm4s. someone help

I love my AirPods Max but they’re not good for the gym bc they’re not sweat resistant. Great for just leisure use at home. For all around headphones, I think AirPods Pro are my favorite and have great noise canceling for gym and stuff too. 

Just now, Mer said:

I love my AirPods Max but they’re not good for the gym bc they’re not sweat resistant. Great for just leisure use at home. For all around headphones, I think AirPods Pro are my favorite and have great noise canceling for gym and stuff too. 

AIRPODS MAX DONT HAVE SWEAT RESISTANCE? and you’re paying 550 dollars for that… yeah no way. 

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

AIRPODS MAX DONT HAVE SWEAT RESISTANCE? and you’re paying 550 dollars for that… yeah no way. 

Ya they’re not good headphones for anything more than around the house. But for someone who WFH and appreciates the unmatched comfort and noise cancelling, I really enjoyed it. Also don’t pay full price. I got it on sale from Amazon. 

Just now, Mer said:

Ya they’re not good headphones for anything more than around the house. But for someone who WFH and appreciates the unmatched comfort and noise cancelling, I really enjoyed it. Also don’t pay full price. I got it on sale from Amazon. 

i might as well get the airpod pros tbh because they’re amazing and you dont have to carry around a huge case with you. and also i have all sorts of hearing problems so i probably won’t be able to tell the difference between the pros and the xm4s :facepalm:

(Android user discussing not the best earbuds)

Before aipods got cheaper, I was looking for the most similar type of earbuds and got Razer Hammerhead True Wireless. They look the most like the airpod style (nothing drives me more insane than rubber tips in my ear) and are black. Honestly sound quality is rather shit as theyre "gaming" earbuds, and I had all sorts of problems keeping the bluetooth connected until i got a Samsung phone without a headphone jack, so maybe it requires the phone to have a stronger focus on bluetooth.

I am probably going to look again for different ones with better sound quality and the same airpod style, if not just get airpods anyway. Ill keep the Razers for the gym or give them to my partner who only wants them for that reason. The Razers have been "fine" and convenient for 2 years, but only for being the right style.

I usually went with the Skullcandy earbuds cos they were a good cheap option. 

I currently have these

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S2P0M1C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0948S4HNR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share these don't fit my ears well and I'm upset

I also had these last year but I used them so much they broke after several months https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D5TT7L4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share