Elle

São Paulo, Brazil @ MITA Festival - June 3rd, 2023

Mita posted a video about Lana on their IG, and the comments are ROUGH. Not towards Lana but just about how awful the festival was in general. Horrible bathrooms, over crowded, rude staff, not enough water, people fainting, I feel so bad for all of them 

1 hour ago, imaginist said:

Is there a youtube link or anything girlies? I'm a lil late :smile3:

May I preface, there is nothing that relieves stress like reading you-all's funny observations on Lanaboards . . . I said, I'm out, because the US Mafia has the control of Ticketmaster, Livenation, and the global festivals, so that the experience is rank. I don't want to watch the artistry of Lana, her band, dancers, etc. undermined. But I needed relief, so I read the comments.

And I found this excellent twitter coverage by a Brazil journalist, André Aloi, which he was there and uploaded snippets to twitter, including this Summertime Sadness, below. So, if you visit, there are several snippets covering the concert, using a crowd noise-cancelling feature. The audio is a little muffled, but better than screaming in your ear! Enjoy!

I always say, Lana is a great live performer who turns her studio songs into a new thing live. We know she adds a verse, or change of lyrics. Here the new drummer, Carlin White, adds fills in new places. He composes his drum part like a duet to Lana's voice and the instruments! Like on the oh, oh oh oh oh, third oh there is a fill or trill of drums, then the bass does a sliding note - très cool! The videos sound better on twitter because there is some sort of compression distortion here.

5 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

The Brazilian fan pages just going IN on this festival on Twitter have me :lmao:

as they should! mita is a nightmare, like fyre festival level of mess 💀