Elle

São Paulo, Brazil @ MITA Festival - June 3rd, 2023

1 minute ago, Elle said:

A fan has uploaded a full recording of the show onto YouTube. It’s not professionally recorded as they just filmed from the crowd, but it’s still an nice watch and you can hear her decently well as the crowd noise isn’t overbearing -

This is what I've been playing for the past hour at work-

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

Thanx for the photos/videos, @Elle! This one I thought was pro, but must be fan. It reminds me of Allison Hayes, the 50-ft woman Lana references in the Doin' Time video!

FxvQOmjX0AAayIo?format=jpg&name=large

Concert on IG through Blue Jeans. Misturapop on IG kindly recorded until his battery died, after 20 minutes of pre-show recording before the band took stage. So you may enjoy it from another angle. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtDIa81LicD/

I'm done after São Paulo. I am glad no injuries were reported! Maybe I am too old. For the same reason I do not enjoy Olympic skating any longer with its dangerous spins, spirals, lifts, and jumps that might result in injury, these festivals with their medic tents set up to deal with drug overdoses and the greed of festival owners herding audience into tight enclosures, not allowing water bottles so they can profit from dehydration - let alone the careless audio - is ruining the experience. Appreciate the feedback from those who were there in person. Ty.

I know we all said she looked sad, but on watching some of the performances now I feel like she looked quite giddy at points haha 

was it nfr she pulled the :silly: face haha, then cinnamon girl she looked quite cheery.. and when she sang video games and she chuckles at “in his favourite sun dress” oh and then her laughing at herself on the “let’s go get high” part 

but it seemed in some songs she looked like she was disassociating a bit lol.. so a mixed bag. Definitely will tune in to that YouTube video soon :flutter:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Watched the full recording with headphones and I have to say she did much better vocally this show! Candy Necklace was the highlight for me, she seems to really be into this one. Also the background singers harmonized on Cinnamon Girl which leads me to believe they’ve rehearsed it :smirk:

Easily her best show vocally in a lot of years. The ending to young and beautiful, high notes in pwyc and blue jeans, entirety of Arcadia, even the beginning with A&W… wishing it was recorded professionally cuz it would’ve ate so bad :(

On 7/3/2023 at 4:24 PM, rocknrollgroupie said:

Even tho this show was a month ago, I figured I’d share this story my friend just told me, specially since the subject’s been talked about a lot after Glastonbury.

-

Lana was almost an hour late to her concert in São Paulo but it was absolutely not her fault. Remember the xenophobic post Will Whitney made after having his phone stolen in Rio? Saying Brazilians were shitty humans and didn’t deserve live music. So Lana found out about this whole situation when she was already backstage and got REAL upset and stressed, cursing and screaming. The thing is, the police came to the festival to get her testimony about the situation. Really they couldn’t have chosen worse moment than before a 40k audience show. It was so visible that something was bothering her when she got on stage :( People who had the chance to meet her before the show said she was super kind (as always) but they could notice she was not being 100% herself, the vibe was chaotic asf.

buuut is there any proof?

3 minutes ago, Pedriko said:

buuut is there any proof?

I believe it, I said to my husband at the time something must’ve been wrong event wise.. the week prior she was only 15 mins late and they cut her short.. the second show she was an hour late but she done her entire set plus 2 requests on top

it would make no sense to not reduce her second show if it was just a case of “her hair taking so long to do” :oop2:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

On 7/3/2023 at 9:24 PM, rocknrollgroupie said:

Even tho this show was a month ago, I figured I’d share this story my friend just told me, specially since the subject’s been talked about a lot after Glastonbury.

-

Lana was almost an hour late to her concert in São Paulo but it was absolutely not her fault. Remember the xenophobic post Will Whitney made after having his phone stolen in Rio? Saying Brazilians were shitty humans and didn’t deserve live music. So Lana found out about this whole situation when she was already backstage and got REAL upset and stressed, cursing and screaming. The thing is, the police came to the festival to get her testimony about the situation. Really they couldn’t have chosen worse moment than before a 40k audience show. It was so visible that something was bothering her when she got on stage :( People who had the chance to meet her before the show said she was super kind (as always) but they could notice she was not being 100% herself, the vibe was chaotic asf.

wattpad

image.png

9 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I believe it, I said to my husband at the time something must’ve been wrong event wise.. the week prior she was only 15 mins late and they cut her short.. the second show she was an hour late but she done her entire set plus 2 requests on top

it would make no sense to not reduce her second show if it was just a case of “her hair taking so long to do” :oop2:

Well, we'd have to look at both cities silence policies. Because even if MITA wanted to extend her show, the one's who would give the final approval would be the city administration anyways.
It could also very well be that MITA simply couldn't handle any more backlash after so much criticism about the venue in São Paulo and the organization of the event. In addition to all the problems they created themselves, to cut the show off the star who is the only reason the festival even exists would be hanging themselves

I don't know if I believe it, but I think it's worth saying about it here. One of the guys in the group we went to the show with said that his sister worked at the show, being part of the dressing room organization team or something like that. Even before the day of the show, we had already asked him to ask his sister for at least some information about the show, even to prove the veracity of his story, in which he always answered that "she couldn't say anything". But on the day of the show, in the minutes that we were waiting for Lana to appear, we asked him again to ask his 'supposed' sister for information about what was happening. This time she simply replied to him "she's still getting ready". I still don't know if what he said is true, I just know that a few weeks later Lana said at a Glastonbury that "her hair took a long time to do", which kinda goes with what he said.