Sign in to follow this  
one time beauty queen

Morphine (the band, not the drug)

Morphine def aren't as well known as they deserved & I kinda doubt it (:poordat:) but if there are any fans on here I'd love to know!!!!!

if anyone is curious, some good starter tracks are: Cure For Pain, Buena, The Night, You Look Like Rain, Candy & Super Sex.

If you like a few of these, I'd say you'd probably enjoy most of their albums in full.

to sum them up: A GREAT VOICE & LYRICS SET TO SEXY BLUESY JAZZ INSTRUMENTALS :oopna: 

but more seriously, from Wiki: 

Morphine was an American rock band formed by Mark SandmanDana Colley, and Jerome Deupree in CambridgeMassachusetts in 1989. Drummer Billy Conway also played in the band, frequently during Deupree's absence, though at times both played together. After five successful albums and extensive touring, they disbanded after lead vocalist Sandman died of a heart attack onstage in Palestrina, Italy, on July 3, 1999. 

Morphine combined blues and jazz elements with more traditional rock arrangements, giving the band an unusual sound. Sandman sang distinctively in a "deep, laid-back croon",[1] and his songwriting featured a prominent beat influence. The band themselves coined the label "low rock" to describe their music, which involved "a minimalist, low-end sound that could have easily become a gimmick: a 'power trio' not built around the sound of an electric guitar. Instead, Morphine expanded its offbeat vocabulary on each album.

morphine-2-1000x583.jpg