Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Looking for new Moderators - Applications Closed

I'm looking forward to welcoming more people into the team. 

As a small provocation, if you are applying to be a mod you're going to have to do a lot of things people don't like and won't understand why you're doing them. You'll also need to take a stance on some things so if you don't think you can handle conflict potentially reflect on if you think the role will be right for you. 

Anyway let's get someone into the pre-release threads that can help Niko. :agree2:

3lfQEhw.png

3 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

As a small provocation, if you are applying to be a mod you're going to have to do a lot of things people don't like and won't understand why you're doing them. You'll also need to take a stance on some things so if you don't think you can handle conflict potentially reflect on if you think the role will be right for you. 

This is very important to consider when applying, it’s not always “fun” being a mod. This is one of the reasons why I decided to step down from my role because I noticed I couldn’t handle it very well, I’d stay anxious for hours sometimes and it wasn’t any good for me. Most users here are really friendly and nice and understanding, but there will be a few who will be difficult to have a discussion with.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, x VB said:

What does a moderator do?

Generally, making sure the guidelines are followed. Encouraging people to use the spoiler bar when an album leaks, and remind that it's forbidden to asks for download links. Check reported comments and decide how to deal with it. Help users with any questions they might have. Move (or merge, or lock) threads and comments to the right section.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, michellebranch said:

No thanks I’m only here for Sky Ferreira 

Good news, we are going to have trial shifts for moderators exclusively handling the Sky Ferreira thread! It's good practise for receiving hatemail, handling flame wars, and having to manage warning points, identity meltdowns, account fraud and general delusion.

Don't miss your chance to apply!

3lfQEhw.png

1 hour ago, takeitdoen said:

Good news, we are going to have trial shifts for moderators exclusively handling the Sky Ferreira thread! It's good practise for receiving hatemail, handling flame wars, and having to manage warning points, identity meltdowns, account fraud and general delusion.

Don't miss your chance to apply!

111 as moderator exclusively handling the sky thread. now that's camp!