Elle

Lana to be awarded the Visionary Award at the Billboard Women in Music Awards - March 1st, 2023

1 minute ago, terrencelovesy0u said:

yikes :horror:

I mean sometimes when she goes to these events she will chat with the fans outside, so you might be able to. I don't want to discourage you or any shit.

But yeah, whenever she announces in advance that she's gonna be somewhere, this group is ALWAYS there

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

I mean sometimes when she goes to these events she will chat with the fans outside, so you might be able to. I don't want to discourage you or any shit.

But yeah, whenever she announces in advance that she's gonna be somewhere, this group is ALWAYS there

Ok thanks for letting me know! 

@alyssar here is some more information 

giphy.gif

"𝒹𝑜𝓃𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝓊𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓁 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝑜𝒸𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝓋𝒹"

instagram

I don’t know if you guys understand how MAJOR it is for Lana to get Billboard’s Visionary Award. It’s the first of its kind and Lana is the first one to get it. This is history. Lana had also won Trailblazer award previously in 2015. 

This is Iconic and Lana truly deserves this. I remember how she was getting cancelled left and right in 2021 and she delivered us with two beautiful albums amidst a raging pandemic and now for Tunnel, she’s getting rave reviews and accolades! 

I am so proud of her and I’m so happy to witness her journey and glad I stuck around to see her flourish like this! 

8Qg234E.gif

48 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Has anyone seen an explanation from Billboard of what the Visionary Award actually is for? It's one of those vague terms that could mean a number of things.

Maybe they’ll explain why she won it at the event? :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

24 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Maybe they’ll explain why she won it at the event? :)

I tried to find other examples of 'Visionary Awards' which might give us some insight, and a couple of possibly relevant ones:

CMT's Video Visionary Award: ""recognizes an artist's extraordinary musical vision, innovative and groundbreaking music videos and pioneering initiatives in entertainment"

American Folk Art Museum Visionary Award: "honors an individual, institution, or project that has made a unique and distinctive contribution to the field"

I guess somewhere in there is what the Billboard award is for :)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

3 minutes ago, WildMustang said:

She looks like she is gonna serve another off to the races type of song 

Imagine her performing American Whore at the award :wowcry:

But maybe it'll be like the Vanity Fair award, a nice event and some speeches and that's it.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 hours ago, longtimeman said:

Has anyone seen an explanation from Billboard of what the Visionary Award actually is for? It's one of those vague terms that could mean a number of things.

she gets the award for the vision of her nails in the kitchen :sass:

I feel like Lana doesn’t care much about the award in the best way. She’s so humble and I think she will just brush it off because that’s who she is. I love that she doesn’t need much validation from the press to continue with her career. I’m not saying this is true, just my thoughts ! Luv our girl :flutter: 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

The awards she's gotten from these Billboard events are just so fitting because I too would describe Lana as a trailblazer and a visionary :true:

imageproxy.jpg

15 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

well i doubt lana's performing but at least i'll see who she gossips to at her table 😭

H96nfLh_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Me knowing damn well I don’t live in la, have $280+ to spend, and can’t plan a trip but I am still looking at tickets hypothetically even though I would only go solely for lana :nails:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I find this to be very ironic, considering a lot of people here have been saying her visuals have been lackluster since LFL and she's only had a couple high quality videos and she needs to be more creative and yet... billboard doesn't agree! :ohmy:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 1/30/2023 at 5:55 AM, ImenaOphelia said:

this era is a serve

I had to split out the video thumbnail . . . very Hollywood glamour!

nqxtTppxzQJIolVp?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited to say: it just occurs to me Lana filmed herself selfie-style! Lana is artistic and skilled to boot!

Edited by Louise

On 1/31/2023 at 10:29 PM, alexlanawhore said:

paid $134 to see lana win this damn award lets hope now she's not performing at grammys she performs at billboard!

around march 1st we will have most likely a new single, which she could perform it (at least acoustically with piano) on the stage. This theater looks great to sing. It would be really a pity to miss this opportunity