Elle

Lana to be awarded the Visionary Award at the Billboard Women in Music Awards - March 1st, 2023

7 hours ago, American Whore said:

I find this to be very ironic, considering a lot of people here have been saying her visuals have been lackluster since LFL and she's only had a couple high quality videos and she needs to be more creative and yet... billboard doesn't agree! :ohmy:

I don't think you necessarily need to have a strong visual image of your artistery in forms of photos and videos, but, in my opinion, Lana has been consistent with her vision and idea of the type of music she wants to create. She's stayed true to herself. From the beginning and up til today, she's always touched on topics such as Americana, what it means to be an American citizen, what life can look like, thoughts on God and her relationship with her religion etc etc. The only thing she's let go off since BTD is just the very old Hollywood glam she used to have, and changed it with a more... I guess "toned down glam" could describe her later appearance. But at the core of the things she does, writes and sings about, it's stayed the same, in my opinion, and that makes her a true visionary. :agree:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

10 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I don't think you necessarily need to have a strong visual image of your artistery in forms of photos and videos, but, in my opinion, Lana has been consistent with her vision and idea of the type of music she wants to create. She's stayed true to herself. From the beginning and up til today, she's always touched on topics such as Americana, what it means to be an American citizen, what life can look like, thoughts on God and her relationship with her religion etc etc. The only thing she's let go off since BTD is just the very old Hollywood glam she used to have, and changed it with a more... I guess "toned down glam" could describe her later appearance. But at the core of the things she does, writes and sings about, it's stayed the same, in my opinion, and that makes her a true visionary. :agree:

The presenter should just read off your quote! That is lovely. Is it okay if I email it to Billboard? I could email BB the link. That is what I will do . . .

9 minutes ago, Louise said:

The presenter should just read off your quote! That is lovely. Is it okay if I email it to Billboard? I could email BB the link. That is what I will do . . .

Haha, I'm flattered but I'm certain they'll say something more eloquent than what I wrote during a zoom lecture. :heart:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Haha, I'm flattered but I'm certain they'll say something more eloquent than what I wrote during a zoom lecture. :heart:

I sent it to tips@Billboard.com . . . Not necessarily! It is a new award. Maybe they be scrambling to define it and say why Lana deserves it. Yours was beautifully expressed! Good writing skills . . . Maybe you are looking to pursue that as a career.

2 minutes ago, Louise said:

I sent it to tips@Billboard.com . . . Not necessarily! It is a new award. Maybe they be scrambling to define it and say why Lana deserves it. Yours was beautifully expressed! Good writing skills . . . Maybe you are looking to pursue that as a career.

Haha, I wouldn't worry if I were you, Billboard knows what they're doing with their awards. I don't want to become a writer (I would be an awful one, trust me), but I do write columns occasionally for a fansite. But I've done a lot less writing the past year because I decided to prioritize my university assignments and projects instead... but hopefully I can get back to writing for them after I've graduated! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 1/31/2023 at 1:38 PM, mssainttropez said:

I feel like Lana doesn’t care much about the award in the best way. She’s so humble and I think she will just brush it off because that’s who she is. I love that she doesn’t need much validation from the press to continue with her career. I’m not saying this is true, just my thoughts ! Luv our girl :flutter: 

idk about this.. anytime lana is honored with any sort of award she ALWAYS makes it a point to say how much she appreciates the recognition.. and i think lana cares about the press in general considering how she gets angry when they misinterpret / bash her (but like who wouldn't get angry at that ?? fuck the new york post!)