Elle

Lana to be awarded the Visionary Award at the Billboard Women in Music Awards - March 1st, 2023

2 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

really feel bad for becky g and her fans tho. whole performance AND speech was cut out :emma:

Hopefully the entire tribute to Lana was filmed and will be posted. The streaming tonight was a complete disaster. 

when lana said "i cant tell you how much it means that soneone who wrote drivers license is standing next to me" i cringed a little BUT liv is still extremely talented and i would die if lana said that about me :bebe:i loved her acceptance speech and the remark she made about "the waters not being quite as warm in 2008," im so happy for all of her success, i can't think of anyone who deserves this award more than her :trisha:

😋🫶🏼

15 minutes ago, Blossom said:

This has been, by far, the most chaotic day I've witnessed since being on/lurking LB. holy shit. 

I'm scared to go to sleep :trisha: but release day is gonna be worse <3

😋🫶🏼

I definitely don't like any of these girls' music either but like, come on, lana should be the main example here of how someone deals with their fame and career. I'm pretty sure she remembers of when she was in her early 20s trying to get any support from people in the business. we don't have to like them, just admire how genuine and nice of a person lana actually is in a rotten enviroment that is the industry

I'm so proud of her, not only for her career but also how she never lost herself and is really the coolest ever (like billie eilish well said)

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

13 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I definitely don't like any of these girls' music either but like, come on, lana should be the main example here of how someone deals with their fame and career. I'm pretty sure she remembers of when she was in her early 20s trying to get any support from people in the business. we don't have to like them, just admire how genuine and nice of a person lana actually is in a rotten enviroment that is the industry

I'm so proud of her, not only for her career but also how she never lost herself and is really the coolest ever (like billie eilish well said)

Yep I was thinking this too! If anyone knows how the industry sucks especially at a young age it would be Lana. She’s probably just making these young girls feel hyped up by someone they look up to and take inspirations from. I mean I’d be flying over the moon I was Olivia rn.

23 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I’m sorry but some of you need to be reminded that just because you are gay, does not mean you can’t be misogynistic towards women:bebe: honestly hate on their music all you want and critique it but calling these women basic and boring just because they aren’t ur fave is soooo weird:pft: 

wait you snapped with this :lolliney:

also not related to the quote above but lana looked gorgeous :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

She sounded so nervous during her speech, I was about to cry as well. 

The tides aren't always as nice for Lana as they were tonight. I'm happy she got to feel the love.

Lana you're an icon, you're a trailblazer, you're a visionnary, you've been album of the year, in so many people's lives year after year, for longer than a decade. You are so important girl I love you so muchh ughhh you are the artist of my life and that's never going to change, you are seen and so loved and appreaciated all around the world

It's 2 am here girl like I'm getting so emotional, I'm crying about this

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

i love the way lana talks about billie and the way billie talks about lana :wub: i really do hope they collab one day. lana is so sweet to the current young women in the industry bc she knows exactly how it feels when everyone is not so welcoming

Omg, what a beautiful lovely morning across Europe. The sun is shining and it’s yellow :flutter: 

I’m so so happy, Lana archived this. she deserves more and should be in the books for generations. 
her acceptance speech is telling all about her. We don’t need to worry about anything anymore, about her music nor about her career whatsoever. She’ve got this! 

(ok now back to page 25 to read all your melt downs etc…) 

I haven't seen someone posting it, so here's the full acceptance speech

https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/lana-del-rey-billboard-women-in-music-speech-2023-1235277391/

We made it. Well, I’m not much of speech person either… Olivia, Olivia Rodrigo, I really don’t even deserve her giving me this wonderful award. She’s so endlessly glamorous and talented I cannot tell you how much it means that someone who wrote “Drivers License” is standing next to me.

Thank you John, John Janick, for giving me the friendship of Olivia and also Billie and all of the wonderful artists on the label. Thank you Carole Kinzel for being here with me. And my besties, Jen Stith and Alex Kaye, who choreographs my show. And, um, okay [deep breath]… so, I don’t see SZA, but I want to say SZA from the minute I heard you I knew I wanted to know you. Congratulations. Well, well, well deserved on being Woman of the Year.

To Rose, staggeringly amazing. Kim, congratulations. I’m so glad I got to meet the vloggers who got me through COVID, Remy Ashton, Ali and Alicia Marie. I’m gonna get close to the mic because I’m really, really quiet.

I think the word visionary could have been exchanged with any word when you’re up here. But if you were wondering, for my fans, I don’t exactly have a long-term vision at all, but if you were curious, I am very, very happy to be a female singer that is a wonderful feat. When I released my first album 14 years ago, the waters were not quite as warm. So I’m really happy for everyone who feels like it’s a wonderful time in the culture to be themselves and to express themselves. It didn’t feel that way in 2008. And I’m so grateful to be in the best company I’ve ever been in.

Thank you. I feel like being happy is the ultimate goal. So I did it. Thank you Billboard!

Woke up feeling refreshed after last night. Later today I’ll watch what we missed. Karma fucked us the fuck up. Period.  

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°