Elle

65th GRAMMY Awards

27 minutes ago, paris texas said:

did anyone love lana's performance? i love the part where she sang boom like that in a chicken suit and björk joined her on backing vocals

yess!! she slayed with that american whore medley 

No wonder Beyoncé didn’t perform at the Grammys, she knew. They’ll be lucky if she ever sets a foot on their stage ever again.

”This doesn’t happen to people like me” is something only a mediocre str8 white man with a lot of nerve could have said.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

”This doesn’t happen to people like me” is something only a mediocre str8 white man with a lot of nerve could have said.

I was gonna bring this up in here.

THANK YOU hottie

nonetheless i’m happy she took home the record though. I feel like that still holds a lot of weight too..

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

3 hours ago, Mer said:

Even if you’re not necessarily a huge Beyoncé fan (I’m a causal fan), you cannot not acknowledge the execution and excellence of her albums. Especially her most recent 2. They’re just such solid, technically well thought out works. 

She has tons of Grammys, she did the bare minimum with her latest album in terms of an era- Grammys are not really about quality, it’s always celebrity and image 

Idc what their voters say, if we’re talking quality let’s nominate some smaller indie acts 

it did make me happy last night seeing Sza, Taylor, Lizzo, Adele, Beyonce… all interact with each other. I like how most of the current popular artists are friends and supportive of each other - and many are in their peaks despite being around for years 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

can't believe this hotdog water in the shape of a man won AOTY

no, actually, I can :bebe:  these people really have no shame lol

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

12 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

No wonder Beyoncé didn’t perform at the Grammys, she knew. They’ll be lucky if she ever sets a foot on their stage ever again.

The hate in your words (and all people like you) towards a specific category (while instead protecting all the others) always cracks me up 

why is this board so toxic sometimes, what’s your problem 

this perpetual need to categorize everyone, and see the reality through the lens of race, gender and whatever at all cost really fucked up our society… and no wonder this type of hate is always coming from the “so called” minorities, man what a mess

11 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

The hate in your words (and all people like you) towards a specific category (while instead protecting all the others) always cracks me up 

why is this board so toxic sometimes, what’s your problem 

this perpetual need to categorize everyone, and see the reality through the lens of race, gender and whatever at all cost really fucked up our society… and no wonder this type of hate is always coming from the “so called” minorities, man what a mess

What fucks up our society is all the platforms, opportunities and rewards caucasian people are continuously given in detriment of minorities. Renaissance was more critically acclaimed than Harry’s House, had much more of a cultural footprint, Beyoncé is way more overdue as an artist than first time GF nominee Harry Styles and we can all agree she takes risks as an artist as opposed to Harry who’s stuck in a commercially palatable wheelhouse that is inoffensive at best and lethargic at worst.

That you come with this All Lives Matter type bullshit instead of questioning these old-white-men-led institutions and regulations tells me more about your complicit positioning in this debate rather than some supposed toxicity in a Lana Del Rey message board LOL. It’s also very troubling to me that this is what grinds your gears as opposed to perpetually seeing POC artists get sidelined and/or underappreciated and/or instrumentalized for views and attention and refusing to address THAT issue.

IMG-7960.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

What fucks up our society is all the platforms, opportunities and rewards caucasian people are continuously given in detriment of minorities. Renaissance was more critically acclaimed than Harry’s House, had much more of a cultural footprint, Beyoncé is way more overdue as an artist than first time GF nominee Harry Styles and we can all agree she takes risks as an artist as opposed to Harry who’s stuck in a commercially palatable wheelhouse that is inoffensive at best and lethargic at worst.

That you come with this All Lives Matter type bullshit instead of questioning these old-white-men-led institutions and regulations tells me more about your complicit positioning in this debate rather than some supposed toxicity in a Lana Del Rey message board LOL. It’s also very troubling to me that this is what grinds your gears as opposed to perpetually seeing POC artists get sidelined and/or underappreciated and/or instrumentalized for views and attention and refusing to address THAT issue.

Oh man. 

It’s uncanny and also terrifying