Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

:oprah2::wowcry:

That’s unreal  :krylie:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, WildMustang said:

I can’t believe Lana survived QFTC and now she is getting those streams ,queen shit:smokes:

Looking back at it, QFTC (and pretty much all of her other « problematic outburst ») were all somewhat « minor »: She wasn’t involved in any crime, or sexual misconduct or even plain racism / homophobia / transphobia. Those are the topics that get someone cancelled for real. (Anyways, cancel culture is really stupid when applied to artists: Artists are not « your average Joe », they’re creative, ca be spontaneous, and are inevitably bound to say something that will get offend someone). Anyways, I wonder if the angry part of the album will have some hints at QFTC… maybe the opener?

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Looking back at it, QFTC (and pretty much all of her other « problematic outburst ») were all somewhat « minor »: She wasn’t involved in any crime, or sexual misconduct or even plain racism / homophobia / transphobia. Those are the topics that get someone cancelled for real. (Anyways, cancel culture is really stupid when applied to artists: Artists are not « your average Joe », they’re creative, ca be spontaneous, and are inevitably bound to say something that will get offend someone). Anyways, I wonder if the angry part of the album will have some hints at QFTC… maybe the opener?

If Lana is smart, she will leave QFTC, in and of itself, in the past, dead and buried.

Personally, I doubt she's going to be very specific in the targets of her anger. On all of BB, the only definite target was her mother, and, to a lesser degree, her father for not "stepping in," on WFWF. The anger at her critics on BBS suit was so mild as to be something the average listener might not even notice. 'Arcadia' was fairly mild too. I'm sure a lot of people might say, 'Wow, what a lovely song' and miss the ending lyrics altogether. 

Look at Tori Amos--she's been spewing righteous anger for 30 years, and her targets have always been extremely broad in terms of her lyrics (unlike her interviews, where she has been extremely specific, and to her detriment, IMO)---record labels, 'the patriarchy,' and only some aspects of the Christian Church. And, on one song, Courtney Love ('Professional Widow'); but even regarding that song, she said in interviews she did not wish to it discuss, as "we have friends in common."  

Similarly, most of Fiona Apple's songs are angry, but the target is usually "you," an ex-lover or ex-boyfriend, or current lover/boyfriend. 

2 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

let’s pray she never references QFTC ever again….:wtf3:

manifesting a sequel, just for the chaotic energy

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole