Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

If A&W wasn’t a Jack track I would be worried but Jack is pretty perfectionist and every song he makes might sound boring but I’ve never heard a Jack Antonoff produced song that’s messy sounding… (except maybe some songs from Midnights:eek: but I’ve always felt Midnights kind of sucking was more Taylor’s fault than Jack’s lol)

Violent Shit on Midnights exists 

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Messy is different from bad:eek: Solar Power might have flopped but it still sounded professionally produced and not like unfinished demos (Blue Banisters looking at u)

well that's not jack's fault cause he didn't produced any of the songs on BB

1 minute ago, your dealer said:

I’ve lived through so much Jack Antonoff discourse on this forum it’s actually pretty crazy to think about :true:

We've been giving it a go since the NFR pre-release thread. :true:

Just now, This Feeling said:

Jack is hot

No girl :tanisha:

BwBiU7.jpg

his thirsty comment section kills me though 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 minutes ago, tulsa said:

well that's not jack's fault cause he didn't produced any of the songs on BB

I’m saying Jack is better than the BB producers 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I’m saying Jack is better than the BB producers 

I'm kinda over people shitting on BB and implying that it's a mid/bottom-tier album. I reckon that if she had not use the YouTube/LQ rip of the leaked songs and actually re-recorded them, people would actually respect that album the way it deserves. The original songs on that album are some of her best in years, as songs but also as examples of production creds. Drew Erickson, Zach Dawes, Gabe Simon, Miles Kanes; they're all great producers.

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I'm kinda over people shitting on BB and implying that it's a mid/bottom-tier album. I reckon that if she had not use the YouTube/LQ rip of the leaked songs and actually re-recorded them, people would actually respect that album more. The original songs on that album are some of her best in years, as songs but also as examples of production creds.

But she didn’t re-record them:heidi: which is def one thing that makes it sound lazy… however I’m probably one of the biggest BB haters out there and completely disagree that the new songs on it are some of her best in years. They are probably all in my bottom rank of Lana songs. 

and you obviously don’t like Jack at all so we just have different opinions on albums/ producers

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

But she didn’t re-record them:heidi: which is def one thing that makes it sound lazy… however I’m probably one of the biggest BB haters out there and completely disagree that the new songs on it are some of her best in years. They are probably all in my bottom rank of Lana songs. 

I agree that Blue Banisters feels more like a mixtape than an album, and that the sound quality and lack of effort to re-record the songs might diminish the quality of the album as a whole, but the original songs are amazing and I daresay better than most songs on NFR & Chemtrails.

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Not when Black Bathing Suit exists :grinds:

having two jacks now makes everything so confusing (obviously i know which one we're talking about right now but ) are we talking about jack "round glasses microwave strings venice bitch margaret eating hamburger on a bed in underwear" antonoff or jack "guns tattoos drugs taking photos outside prison fucking my cousins (maybe)" donoghue 

sUcVobB.png

Just now, Americen Whore said:

Not when Black Bathing Suit exists :grinds:

When you learn that’s my least favorite Lana song of all time :smile2:

Just now, honeybadger said:

having two jacks now makes everything so confusing like are we talking about jack "round glasses microwave strings venice bitch margaret eating hamburger on a bed in underwear" antonoff or jack "guns tattoos drugs taking photos outside prison fucking my cousins (maybe)" donoghue 

Are they still together even?

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

given how things are going today the piano discourse should be starting again at any time now

gretchen-cortina.gif

I love a good piano ballad when done right:sass: