Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Has anyone here watched The Real Housewives of Orange County season 2 because omg Lindsey reminds me so much of how Lana looked in her Lizzy Grant era??

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 hours ago, lizzyology said:

Didn't feel like making another topic for this, but Patrick Hoelck is selling a pic collage for $5000 on IG currently with what seems to include a single LDR 2012 polaroid of his lol 

l3XIjGh.jpg

yk2clWB.jpgmGnWTr9.jpg

There's 2 on here but I can't reveal where the other one is :oic:

On 2/21/2023 at 11:33 AM, Sunset Opal said:

Lana in her hyper pop era with Arca as a main producer of her next album :icant:

Please my biggest dream :bop:

OMG THANK YOU FOR TALKING ABOUT THIS! I want arca to produce for her so bad, specially if it's in the vein of Machote, Boquifloja and Esuna since these songs already feel so Lana. Something a bit more reggaeton would also be nice.

IllegalTotalAdder-max-1mb.gif

Has the music or Lana helped you get into your own family lineage? 

Probably weird but I have a small family bc I only know my mom’s side and grandparents are dead now and stuff but hearing Lana talk about karmic/family lineage and her own experiences with that has made me want to look into my own. 

3 hours ago, gatadelrey said:

Has the music or Lana helped you get into your own family lineage? 

Probably weird but I have a small family bc I only know my mom’s side and grandparents are dead now and stuff but hearing Lana talk about karmic/family lineage and her own experiences with that has made me want to look into my own. 

I’ve taken more of an interest in the idea of my family lineage for that reason. Hearing Lana talk about knowing her familial roots (and all the baggage that accompanies it) to consciously follow her own intuition so as to “heal up to seven generations forward” was inspiring. I also think that it gives you a sense of connectedness, feeling like you’re a part of some grander genealogical thread. If you’re a pretty individualistic person who has only focused on their immediate family like me, then it’s definitely an interesting experience to ground yourself in the most extended of extended family! 

I really want Lana to try something more electronic/ indie inspired… something like  “Somebody Else” by the 1975 or “Sparks” by Beach House:really:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i was listening to chemtrails earlier and appreciating what a beautiful album it is! some of my favorite moments that make me wanna tear up include the way she sings “i’m not bored or unhappy i’m still so strange and wild” and also in natwwal the “look at me look at you look at what you made me do look at me look at you bible on your tattoo” <3 beautiful and special moments 

4 hours ago, taco truck said:

“Sparks” by Beach House:really:

omg that’s like the best song ever, that guitar EATS :defeated: i really really wish lana would do something like this, or even collaborate with beach house :yesnod: most likely not possible but at least she acknowledged their music once!

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

when The Grants starts and the first thing you hear is "I guess you could call it textbook...". :thumb2:

I hate Textbook just for the fact that it ruined her streak of 10/10 openers:headache:

also for the god-awful BLM lyric :wtf:

Hopefully The Grants is even slightly better:pft:

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I hate Textbook just for the fact that it ruined her streak of 10/10 openers:headache:

also for the god-awful BLM lyric 

she did not sing “do you think if i go blonde, we could get our old love back” for you to not consider it a good song 

I like Text Book in general, and the BLM line doesn’t bother me but it’s a weak opener for sure. 

I’m most excited for the Grants, as I feel like we know the least about it. No samples, no lyrics, no snippets. My expectations are high :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I hate Textbook just for the fact that it ruined her streak of 10/10 openers

This is how it should be:

Spoiler

Born To Die

Ride

Cruel World

Honeymoon

Love

Norman Fucking Rockwell

White Dress

Arcadia

The Grants

Just now, living legend said:

she did not sing “do you think if i go blonde, we could get our old love back” for you to not consider it a good song 

She did sing "and there we were screaming black lives matter" for me to think it's a tone-deaf and bad song:xgiggle: