Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

i don't know i think some of u are weird and mean, so maybe i will log out. cause i was never disrespectful to anyone, i just don't like blue banisters very much and think the blm line in textbook is tone-deaf, i'm not sure why that is deserving of an attack lol, maybe spend this energy on actual lana haters. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, Luna de miel said:

I've been thinking this part is more about her relationship with her parents rather than a romantic relationship, as if she wants to relive her formative years without the trauma that they caused her

I’ve never thought about that but it’s interesting and I can see it :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, taco truck said:

i don't know i think some of u are weird and mean, so maybe i will log out. cause i was never disrespectful to anyone and i just don't like blue banisters very much and think the blm line in textbook is tone-deaf.

That's completely understandable. We all have different view points and tastes. I think a lot of people, myself included, are just very tired with the back and forth of the matter and the arguing over opinions that will never be agreed on, which applies to multiple people within the site. That applies especially to discussions that don't pertain to Ocean Boulevard (although I am aware that a lot of this disagreement has now been moved to the random conversation thread)

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

That's completely understandable. We all have different view points and tastes. I think a lot of people, myself included, are just very tired with the back and forth of the matter and the arguing over opinions that will never be agreed on, which applies to multiple people within the site. That applies especially to discussions that don't pertain to Ocean Boulevard (although I am aware that a lot of this disagreement has now been moved to the random conversation thread)

ya i moved it to random conversation thread because i knew it was off-topic:crai: and two people specifically asked me to explain why i thought it was tone-deaf so i did and now people are going insane? i just don't understand

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

I think this is precisely @taco truck’s issue with the song though. Which is valid imo.

I think her decision to combine BLM protests with her personal history may just be perceived as such, too, even though I believe that's what artists do essentially but I get it

Jimmy shimmy coco-puff, jimmy jimmy ride :beyonce:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I’m being captain obvious, but I’ve been inactive in stan circles for a while so I’m just now noticing. Ever since Honeymoon, people have said with every album she’s put out since then that “this is her most boring/unimpressive work I miss old (UV, BTD, Lizzy Grant) Lana”. NFR seems to be an exception as I noticed most fans, stans, locals, etc liked it. Also as time goes by, those so called “boring albums” get appreciated more. Honeymoon is now considered an overlooked masterpiece. LFL was for years considered the least favorite among fans, but I’m recently starting to see lots of love and appreciation for it. Currently it’s COTCC I see getting the “boring” label. i predict in another two years people are gonna shower COTCC with love. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

1 minute ago, Chocolate Eyes said:

I’m being captain obvious, but I’ve been inactive in stan circles for a while so I’m just now noticing. Ever since Honeymoon, people have said with every album she’s put out since then that “this is her most boring/unimpressive work I miss old (UV, BTD, Lizzy Grant) Lana”. NFR seems to be an exception as I noticed most fans, stans, locals, etc liked it. Also as time goes by, those so called “boring albums” get appreciated more. Honeymoon is now considered an overlooked masterpiece. LFL was for years considered the least favorite among fans, but I’m recently starting to see lots of love and appreciation for it. Currently it’s COTCC I see getting the “boring” label. i predict in another two years people are gonna shower COTCC with love. 

Totally agreed! It's a continuous pattern. A lot of people actually really liked Blue Banisters when it dropped, but with time, they went back to talking badly about her latest record.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I kinda feel like I started a fight in here when I mentioned textbook. My bad mods. 

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as we can agree that WFR and Beautiful are some of her weakest songs, I can get behind the fact that TB is not everyone's cup of tea 

D.png

On 2/28/2023 at 1:16 AM, gatadelrey said:

Has the music or Lana helped you get into your own family lineage? 

Probably weird but I have a small family bc I only know my mom’s side and grandparents are dead now and stuff but hearing Lana talk about karmic/family lineage and her own experiences with that has made me want to look into my own. 

Yes yes yes. I mean even why I gravitated toward her music so much was a question in itself. I started paying attention to what most speaks to me in her lyrics and take it from there

4 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

I kinda feel like I started a fight in here when I mentioned textbook. My bad mods. 

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as we can agree that WFR and Beautiful are some of her weakest songs, I can get behind the fact that TB is not everyone's cup of tea 

WFR ? I assume it’s just a typo for VFR.

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°