Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Years from now, when Lana has 30 albums, and we look back, COCC & BB will be regarded as her "worst", more so BB, with COCC having a cult following, similar to HM, but not as strong. They will be looked at as her two most divisive albums ever. Still, Lana's worst is better than some girls best. She's incapable of making truly "bad" music. A songstress supreme :gclap:

I fell in love with Lana again. Iā€™m going back listening to all her albums. I finished Born To Die and Paradise and Iā€™m gonna go on to Ultraviolence , probably today. What made me me fall in love with her essence and work was when I was listening to a playlist and Love came on. It reminded me of my current state in life and it made me feel as if I am right where I should be. This should have been a blog post LMAO:creep:

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

sheā€™s gonna get cancelled my assĀ :lmao:Ā whatā€™s the difference between saying a few spanish words and saying ā€œcacciatoreā€¦ciao amoreā€?Ā 

Ā 

if lanaā€™s learning spanish/around ppl who speak spanish naturally that will seep into her accent and vocab. anyone who has a problem with that is fake woke and their opinion is irrelevantĀ :makeup:

Ā 

Fake woke Americans love to defend the Latin community without actually doing anything for them lol

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Ā 

Fake woke Americans love to defend the Latin community without actually doing anything for them lol

Exactly.

believe me, weā€™re still pissed off with the military dictatorship that americans gave us in the 60ā€™s and weā€™re mad how the USA tries to control our politics all the time, we dont care if someone does x or y that may or may not resambles our culture

The chronically online Redditors from the wannabe Gossip Girl subreddit are getting brave huh

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Ā 

Ā 

I could see how imitating Latin Americans could be wrong. (Before anyone says anything I'm not an American.)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, marryingkind said:

Exactly.

believe me, weā€™re still pissed off with the military dictatorship that americans gave us in the 60ā€™s and weā€™re mad how the USA tries to control our politics all the time, we dont care if someone does x or y that may or may not resambles our culture

Ā 

Yeah, they try to celebrate Latin culture but never mention the US-sponsored dictatorships through the 1900s and well into the 2000s, the enormous economic barriers and overall the exploitation of the whole region

Ā 

Anyway stream Candy Necklace snippetĀ :trisha:

Just now, PARADIXO said:

Ā 

Yeah, they try to celebrate Latin culture but never mention the US-sponsored dictatorships through the 1900s and well into the 2000s, the enormous economic barriers and overall the exploitation of the whole region

Ā 

Anyway stream Candy Necklace snippetĀ :trisha:

Ā 

I like you.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

Ā 

I could see how imitating Latin Americans could be wrong. (Before anyone says anything I'm not an American.)

imitating would be wrong cause an imitation is based on stereotypes, but lana is not imitating anything she's just... speaking in another languageĀ :eyeroll2:

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

Ā 

Girl sheā€™s not imitating,Ā sheā€™s being influenced by usā€¦ but some latin-descendent artists on the other handšŸ‘€šŸ‘€šŸ‘€

Ā 

1 minute ago, marryingkind said:

Girl sheā€™s not imitating,Ā sheā€™s being influenced by usā€¦ but some latin-descendent artists on the other handšŸ‘€šŸ‘€šŸ‘€

Ā 

Ā 

spill pls

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Ā 

It could merely be a narrator of the song, or a persona, like those sheā€™s trafficked in before. Just as we donā€™t know whether the narrator of ā€˜A&Wā€™ is wholly or partially Lana, or just a character sheā€™s created.Ā 

1 hour ago, esotericfaerie said:
Ā  Hide contents

i think whoever said she was gonna get dragged for taco was right šŸ’€

Ā 

theyā€™re trying to drag lana on the deuxmoi subreddit because of her having a spanish accent during her speech last night

Ā 

Ā 

lmaoo not these fake woke ass people who dont have anything else to do so they have to focus on a woman's accent meanwhile there are literally other things to care about in the world.

Ā 

and that person who wrote "her wearing a mesh mask tell me everything i need to know abt her as a person..." girl shut the fuck up u dont know shitĀ :willcut:

@WHORE OF TROPICO Ā  ā‡Ø Ā  @SALVAWHOREĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFsĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon ā€” ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ā 

8 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Ā 

spill pls

Iā€™ll just say that I find it really funny how when ā€œbeing proudā€ of your culture became trendy (aka 2010ā€™s and beyond) some of the whitest artists ever were like ā€œIā€™m so proud of my latin heritageā€.Ā Ā Girl the only word that you know is abuelaā€“ and the music that theyĀ have made is nothing like latin music, itā€™s just a generic pop song with some latin influences.

Ā 

I honestly don't think Taco Truck will be that controversial outside of terminally online groups on like Reddit and maybe a few bitchy TikTok comments. Full disclosure I'm white but I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who are Mexican-American (pls understand I know how corny and fake this sounds lol) and none of them are pressed stressed or depressed aboutĀ Lana havingĀ a "Latina" accentĀ or callingĀ herself Lanita in a song. Obviously my friends don't speak for every single Latino American (I would never argue that they do!) and I'm sure some people won't like it, BUT I don't know anyone IRL who is mad about Lana doing stuff like thisĀ 

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~