Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Lana fans are the bomb! Artistic, kind, generous, smart and positive. . . Lana fans have the good sense of humor! I enjoyed experiencing the pre- and post-release of Ocean Blvd here.

Kristijan Majic made the original Cherry Blossom remix . . . Kristijan Majic kindly responded to a request for remix I made for a different artist than Lana: Ian Isiah, and offered two different versions. Here is one in a fan tribute video I made of Ian Isiah with Krisijan's remix #1:

AnneAmandaDraws on twitter created the VideoConnoisseur logo I use after I admired a Lana drawing she made of Lana at the 2018 Grammys:DU42dsHW4AAj4va?format=jpg&name=medium

Smart and artistic are Lana fans across the globe! Or I will say, creative.

Edited by Louise
Edited to post the picture of Lana from @AnneAmandaDraws which got my attention - amazing!

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

i still cant get over the fact that lana thought BTD would have a large straight male following when she put it out :lmao:

in a way i get it like she was presenting as like their ideal girl and she thought they'd eat that up but i guess it went over her head how men can be very snobby about female musicians while the girls are the ones who would relate to it and we do love things we relate to

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

i still cant get over the fact that lana thought BTD would have a large straight male following when she put it out :lmao:

She prob experienced it in the bar scene I can imagine her peers and male audience members desire her plus she was approachable so the mystery of her seemed appealing - it's different on a wider scale because she turned into "a product" to be consumed by a wide audience and you know men ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She turned into a woman not directly fuckable so...

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

3 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

You don't understand how hard I am positively fucking DYING at this :air:

Fu6MViRWcAEiMq0?format=jpg&name=large

Designing typefaces is my day job and being a Lana stan is what I do by night I am on the verge of passing out

Literally hold me I'm :air2:

Fu6NewOWAAA1m3E?format=jpg&name=large

Here's the article btw lol

https://www.creativebloq.com/news/glastonbury-poster-kerning

ZKcaooE.png

1 hour ago, wilting daisy said:

in a way i get it like she was presenting as like their ideal girl and she thought they'd eat that up but i guess it went over her head how men can be very snobby about female musicians while the girls are the ones who would relate to it and we do love things we relate to

She still does have a relatively loyal straight following for a “female singers” standards-a chunk of her Reddit fans claim to be straight men and women which is why so many talk about her body on there it seems….I mean I get it but there’s a line between appreciation of sexual power and objectification which it often errs to.

Also the people that were fueling her career when video games came out were indie snob rags fronted by guys who loved her until the claims of her being a label product came out….:lmao: then suddenly she was pop Princess enemy n1 instead of indie babe.

on the streets of LA, where the future is now

we dance like nobody’s watching us and we live like we want to

but it can all get a little crazy unless there’s something to hold on to

for me, that was true love :lordejesus::karaoke:

2 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

:hoe:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Anyone know if things got leaked before Honeymoon's release? Not the full album or the singles leaking a day early, etc, but any snippets, for example? 

The only one I remember was hearing a "new song snippet" on YouTube which was the intro to Terrence Loves You. And other than that, nothing. I wasn't on this site so maybe I missed it or maybe it just didn't happen. 

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Anyone know if things got leaked before Honeymoon's release? Not the full album or the singles leaking a day early, etc, but any snippets, for example? 

The only one I remember was hearing a "new song snippet" on YouTube which was the intro to Terrence Loves You. And other than that, nothing. I wasn't on this site so maybe I missed it or maybe it just didn't happen. 

Well the album was played at a HMV store (as like regular store music not on speakers or anything) days or maybe even a week before the album release.. Someone had the smart idea to, what I presume was raising their phone or chilling under the speaker in the ceiling and recorded the entire time and then uploaded it.. The quality was impressively good.. So ya that's what I can Remeber.. Along with me crying in bed listening to it freaking out over how good Religion was 

tenor.gif

Super random indeed but one of my favourite YouTubers mentioned Lana in her last video and it made me rly happy :) I really recommend her, I fucking love her and her vibes. She basically said the only modern vinyl she has is BTD lol, which makes me smile, especially since it was so unexpected 

ZKcaooE.png

11 hours ago, CocaColaCrystalMeth said:

Well the album was played at a HMV store (as like regular store music not on speakers or anything) days or maybe even a week before the album release.. Someone had the smart idea to, what I presume was raising their phone or chilling under the speaker in the ceiling and recorded the entire time and then uploaded it.. The quality was impressively good.. So ya that's what I can Remeber.. Along with me crying in bed listening to it freaking out over how good Religion was 

Interesting! I think that was the leak I listened to as well, as like 2am one morning. 

With the Terrence snippet, I remember I found that months before the album and I thought it was a straight up fake. I was shocked to actually hear it when Terrence was released! 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:37 PM, lanaismamom said:

also found this sampler tracklist sent to the Guardian, claimed to be posted on LDR.fm back then (idk if thats reliable tho)
lO8dCXDio40.jpg?size=1093x512&quality=96

National Anthem (Nexus/Justin Parker)
Born to Die (Emile Haynie)
Live or Die (Jaz Rogers)
Hey Lolita Hey (Liam Howe)
Million Dollar Man (Chris Braide)
Video Games (Justin Parker/Robopop)
Paris (Guy Chambers/Liam Howe)
Puppy Love (Justin Parker)
Driving in Cars With Boys (Nexus)
This is What Makes Us Girls (Tim Larcombe)
Hundred Dollar Bill (Jayson Michael)
Are You Ready? (Eg White)
Diet Mountain Dew (Alexis Smith/Crispin Hunt/Mike Daly)
You Can Be The Boss (Alexis Smith)
Kinda Outta Luck (Alexis Smith)
Carmen (Justin Parker)
Put the Radio On (Biff Stannard)
Blue Jeans (Emile Haynie)

do we know what versions of lolita, video games and national anthem were in this sampler?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y