Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

On 5/13/2023 at 10:24 AM, rocknrollgroupie said:

I find it curiousΒ that Sean Larkin still likes all of Lana’s friends posts, speciallyΒ the ones she is in. It gives me the impression that they have different perspectives about the breakup, as if she holds a grudge and he doesn’t. Just look at The billboard in Tulsa, all the songs about him, and the β€œgot a cop who turned down the back beat…” snippet. Also, that would be very classic man behavior, to think that whatever bad thing he did was not that bad, to underestimate a woman’s feelings.

Genius says it is: "who turned on the backbeat"

In the context of the lyrics:

who turned on the backbeat
Puts the shower on while he calls me

it is "on" instead of "down" because trying to drown out the conversation.

On 5/16/2023 at 9:56 PM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I interpret it to probably mean her enthusiasm or lust for life I suppose! Like you know those people who just can’t ever seem to be happy for youΒ :omfg2:

She says in VFR β€œEver since I fell out of love with you, I break dance to the back beatβ€œ, and that gives me the image of breaking free from somebody and starting to regain your happiness and confidenceΒ 

Interesting take on "back beat!"

For some reason I feel thatΒ Without You , French Restaurant , Black Beauty and Life is Beautiful are connected

Whenever i listen to them i feel like lyrically and sound-wise they radiate the same energy

They giveΒ off that bittersweet feeling to me that it's so quintessentially Lana

Β 

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

would anyone be kind enough to share you can be the boss in HQ quality / the OG file if possibleΒ :oprah:

π•­π–†π–‡π–ž, π–™π–šπ–—π–“ π–™π–π–Š π–‘π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™π–˜ π–‰π–”π–œπ–“ /Β π•Ώπ–Šπ–‘π–‘ π–’π–Š, π–†π–—π–Š π–žπ–”π–š π–π–Šπ–—π–Š 𝖙𝖔 π–˜π–™π–†π–ž?

edit: nvm

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

she's having an incredible year. the release of ocean blvd kinda cemented her as one of the top most important artists on the planet.

would anyone be able toΒ explain to me the timeline of lana and seans relationship? she was a side piece yet their relationship was fairly public? sean was engaged while still with lana? didΒ his now wife know about themΒ since he and lana were pretty public?Β im pretty confused about it n want to have more context so i can understand her lyrics about him better. thanks!!Β 

Lana's music has always been about the spiritual themes she's signing about today just portrayed through "cooler" themes..

Β 

Like Gods & Monsters for example

Β 

"In the land of Gods and Monsters

I was an angel living in the garden of evil

...Doing anything that I needed

Shinin like a fiery beacon"

Β 

Like here she's talking about how she was good and she had good intentions (she was an "angel") but everyone around her may not have had those same intentions (she lives in the "garden of evil")

Β 

But then when she says "doing anything that I needed, shining like a fiery beacon", she's asserting that she will find a way through art. She was going to do anything she needed to do to make her dreams come true, even if she knew it was a lost cause in the sense of finding true fulfillment, bc at the end of the day "life imitates art"

Β 

Like she's been singing about the same themes she sings about in songs like Grandfather it was just filtered through the lens of whatever era she was feeling at the time

4 minutes ago, rocknrollgroupie said:

since were all very curious abt anything related to Lanas personal life… I just wanted to share that a few fans had the opportunity to talk to Jack D and everyone said he’s super cool and chill. He was watching Lana’s concert close to the barricade, filmed the person who faintedΒ :lmao:and even borrowed a lighter from a fan to light up a joint. And also, a fanΒ bumped into them at their hotel and said she was holding a beer on her hand (in case anyone still believes she’s sober) and that jack chatted with him evenΒ more than Lana did. Anyways, I just wish her the best cause good sis has the worst historic possible w menΒ :biblio:

Tbh I thought we knew she wasn’t sober after β€œget drunk do it all over again” in ltli and β€œI’ll bring the coffee you bring the wine” in peppers.Β 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Tbh I thought we knew she wasn’t sober after β€œget drunk do it all over again” in ltli and β€œI’ll bring the coffee you bring the wine” in peppers.Β 

Yeah I though that too, but as I was writing this I slightly remembered that back in 2019 after her Hollywood bowl concert, didn’t her friends (Jen, Anniet, skirtsandsuits…) had a little surprise cake for her that celebrated her sobriety? Or was it for another friend? Cuz I know some of them have been on AA, we even speculate they met there right?

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsxiUz8uQx6/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Β 

What a shitty thing to say about a country that is supporting you right now, I hope Lana or someone does something

that is terrible omg lana needs to fire him...

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsxiUz8uQx6/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Β 

What a shitty thing to say about a country that is supporting you right now, I hope Lana or someone does something

that is terrible omg lana needs to fire him...

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯