Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Nnn I don’t think we should be going through this guys internet history… tbh I’d be pissed if my phone was stolen too- the post is dramatic and diva like but hardly fire worthy 

Yes I would be pissed off if my phone was stolen and I am from Rio de Janeiro but I’m surely not cursing an entire country for it lol 

This sucks in so many levels… firstly because we the Brazilians suffer muuuuch more than this asshole with urban violence in here and yet he is attacking Brazil as if the whole country is liable for that when actually we are the biggest victims of its inequality

Secondly because at the same time it perpetuates the belief that every Brazilian (as happens with other Central and South American Countries and also African and some Asian countries) is worse than people from the first world i.e. Europeans and North Americans. You know, xenophobia

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Nnn I don’t think we should be going through this guys internet history… tbh I’d be pissed if my phone was stolen too- the post is dramatic and diva like but hardly fire worthy 

Can be mad about ur phone being stolen without blaming an entire country, especially one that you’ve just earned money from, and then being petty and childish over social media about after being called out. 

This wasn’t the unbiased serve you thought it was

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

30 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Can be mad about ur phone being stolen without blaming an entire country, especially one that you’ve just earned money from, and then being petty and childish over social media about after being called out. 

This wasn’t the unbiased serve you thought it was

You’re always following whatever I say so I’m glad you could join the discussion- I tend not to over stigmatise every aspect of someone’s life because “tada” people make mistakes- you can disagree with someone’s immature post without trying to get them fired over essentially nothing worthwhile. 

im going to leave it at this but some of you over exaggerate everything for buzz words  morality sake- I’ve heard people say in the the heat of the moment from America- “ fuck England” “British people are seasonless”  but I’m not going to harass them all over the internet 💀.

3 hours ago, bia said:

Yes I would be pissed off if my phone was stolen and I am from Rio de Janeiro but I’m surely not cursing an entire country for it lol 

This sucks in so many levels… firstly because we the Brazilians suffer muuuuch more than this asshole with urban violence in here and yet he is attacking Brazil as if the whole country is liable for that when actually we are the biggest victims of its inequality

Secondly because at the same time it perpetuates the belief that every Brazilian (as happens with other Central and South American Countries and also African and some Asian countries) is worse than people from the first world i.e. Europeans and North Americans. You know, xenophobia

So sorry! I read that thing, and I thought, I've done some mistakes in life. Doozies. The problems of the world seem in a nutshell: implicating an entire race because of a few bad apples? Or, one? Or an entire public service sector, like the police? This guy's gotta go home straight away! This is what he wants. Bye!

I’d like to apologise for my post about being robbed in Rio. The experience really shook me up and I wrote a post in the height of my emotions. I know it could have happened anywhere and generalising about any people or place is usually unfair on the majority. I should've known better. I've been to Brazil many times with several different artists and always had a fantastic time. The people have always been kind to me. The show in Rio was incredible and the fans are the most passionate (and loudest) on earth and no one deserves live music more than Brazil. The pic is from rehearsals for the tour that got cancelled due to covid back in February of 2020. It serves as a reminder of how amazing it is to be back touring with this camp after such a long time away and that Brazil was absolutely the right place for Lana's first show in over 3 years! My heartfelt apologies to any offended and looking forward to a another great show in Sao Paolo! -W

Also seems Ben started following him now so they are at least aware of it.

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I’d like to apologise for my post about being robbed in Rio. The experience really shook me up and I wrote a post in the height of my emotions. I know it could have happened anywhere and generalising about any people or place is usually unfair on the majority. I should've known better. I've been to Brazil many times with several different artists and always had a fantastic time. The people have always been kind to me. The show in Rio was incredible and the fans are the most passionate (and loudest) on earth and no one deserves live music more than Brazil. The pic is from rehearsals for the tour that got cancelled due to covid back in February of 2020. It serves as a reminder of how amazing it is to be back touring with this camp after such a long time away and that Brazil was absolutely the right place for Lana's first show in over 3 years! My heartfelt apologies to any offended and looking forward to a another great show in Sao Paolo! -W

for a second i thought you were the one that made that post and you were making an apology:deadbanana:

:toofunny: His post as left me completely dumbfounded because truly what did he expect the response to be?? After making the post, he ended up deleting it, deactivating his account, and disabling comments on all posts upon reactivating it due to the backlash, but did he really think the response would be anything other than negative? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes…

It’s just incredibly absurd to make a hateful post targeting an entire country of people because ONE person upset you. Has he forgotten that his boss had her laptop, camcorders, etc. stolen and yet didn’t immediately turn to social media to bash the entire nation? Brazil is one of, if not the most, dedicated crowds of Lana fans as well as of many other artists. They are one of the groups that are the most deserving of live music and always show their gratefulness to those who visit.

This was not only a disrespectful move towards the entirety of Brazil, but also towards Lana and the rest of her touring team, who I’m sure were very grateful to have the passionate fans of Brazil be their first welcome back show after nearly 4 years of being off the road. I still remember Lana’s tweet she made after her Lolla Brazil show in 2018 saying “Yo if you ever hear me complain about anything - just remind me of this show in São Paulo.” I’m sure there will be some people who will try to fault her for his actions too, which is unfortunate because it’s always been clear how much she loves her Brazilian fans.

I’ve seen he’s issued an apology, but this instance shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Again, it’s so dumbfounding to me why he even felt the need to make such a statement. It’s unacceptable behaviour. I hope he’s now learned to never bite the hand that feeds you.. because they’ll bite back even harder x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

6 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

glad he apologized but he literally doubled down on his statement with that shade in his bio. seems so insincere but glad lana and team forced him to address it

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

glad he apologized but he literally doubled down on his statement with that shade in his bio. seems so insincere but glad lana and team forced him to address it

Agree with that he was likely forced to write this but the bio and post were written at the same time, he didn't double down later.

10 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I find so funny that people literally post on Instagram in the height of their emotions… also, wasn’t him without his cellphone? So he went to his notebook, entered Instagram, made a post (it wasn’t even a story, which would also be awful but more believable to be on the height of emotions), even put hashtags, all in the height of emotions? Wow, you gotta be very… emotional :scoff:

18 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

it's always unfair :wtf3:

Capture.jpg