Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Blossom said:

WTF is charlies insta story lol

idk but if it means I get a β€œone on one coaching session” with him I’ll tell him whatever he wants to hearΒ :blush3:

Β  Β  Β Β giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dcΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 

"Baby you my Bugsy MaloneΒ 

Β Β and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

Β Β  Β last.fm

Β 

Thinking about how Boz said Lana really likes California (demo) and mightve wanted to use it still. Its so interesting that the song was about moving to Cali, when from 2 years after the song was recorded she's sang more about leaving the place. I would really love to hear more about how Cali has personally changed Lana, in her own words. I hope the new album illuminates usΒ :flutter:

It all seems so bitterweet to me.

30 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Thinking about how Boz said Lana really likes California (demo) and mightve wanted to use it still. Its so interesting that the song was about moving to Cali, when from 2 years after the song was recorded she's sang more about leaving the place. I would really love to hear more about how Cali has personally changed Lana, in her own words. I hope the new album illuminates usΒ :flutter:

It all seems so bitterweet to me.

I was just thinking about this too and it really is so interesting especially since Lana has lived in so many different places during her life, but she feltΒ like California was her true home...until she dated Sean and then she wanted to move to the midwest/southΒ :bebe:

Β 

Even in Arcadia she says she feels she doesn't belong in California anymore but I wonder if thats changed since then and what caused it to change (other than the break up lol)

WHAT DID I JUST FIND ON YOUTUBE :defeated:

Β 

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

To me Summertime Sadness and Blue Jeans always had a very country/western influence

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯

Sorry but as a life long country music fan, and rural midwesternΒ child, I can confirm that For K (Rahab) and Pawn Shop Blues are certainly country. If you’re being generous even Your Band Is All The Rage is even country. Just because it’s not much more than a guitar doesn’t mean anything. See Hank Williams! She also has covers of Some Things Last A Long Time, Summer Wine, and Country Road which could all also fall into that category.

countrygate

yeehaw-cowbay.gif

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*