Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

You're the kindest, sweetest person ever and I adore you; I don't eviscerate those with healthy and kind spirits like yours! I only terrorize those with black hearts, four too many rolls of blubber, and crusty skin, like @Xenoblade 3 :oprah3:

Right back at you :heart: I can’t say I have a way with words like you in the way that you really clapped back, nor do I have your creativity - but I see you fighting the good fight for our girl! 

15 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

It's just a fat, soulless incel who has nothing better to with with its life than to hate on beautiful, confident, and talented women. Maybe if he spent a little more time doing push ups instead of clogging his arteries with double smoked bacon sandwiches from Starbucks to chase some fleeting experience of love in his life, we would not be here right now 

i really don't know what came over me when i wrote this, but can we pin this to the original post of this thread

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

i really don't know what came over me when i wrote this, but can we pin this to the original post of this thread

you briefly got transported to the bad bitch plane of existence, same place that lana was when blessing the world with le titty, and she gave you the energy to execute a proper slay

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, paris texas said:

you briefly got transported to the bad bitch plane of existence, same place that lana was when blessing the world with le titty, and she gave you the energy to execute a proper slay

exactly bestie <3

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

38 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

She used to be a class act like Adele. Now she’s a wh0re.

I think I speak for all of us when I say I would like to retract my lipsters 2022 votes and vouch to add someone in a few categories :nails:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

41 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

God, I feel like being a bitch but I just don’t have it in me! 

This made me think of this :oic2:

7N14VAP.jpg

I do like when women suggest more then they show. (Quote from Beyonce before SF).

I do think it is sad to use your sexuality to sell. It just reinforces the idea that women are sexual objects in this society of consumerism.

BUT

I will always have respect for women and Lana who is a great artist.

she does what she wants and so do I. Our opinions differ obviously on that topic and that’s FINE. I will see her on tour and enjoy her amazing catalog. What she does is her business. What I think about it is my business and there is no harm expressing ourselves if we are being respectful.

Just now, Nahime said:

I do like when women suggest more then they show. (Quote from Beyonce before SF).

I do think it is sad to use your sexuality to sell. It just reinforces the idea that women are sexual objects in this society of consumerism.

BUT

she does what she wants and so do I. Our opinions differ obviously on that topic and that’s FINE. I will see her on tour and enjoy her amazing catalog. What she does is her business. What I think about it is my business and there is no harm expressing ourselves if we are being respectful.

lana showing titty on an alternate album cover isn’t even sexualizing herself like it’s just a little nipple and it’s serving cunt

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

lana showing titty on an alternate album cover isn’t even sexualizing herself like it’s just a little nipple and it’s serving cunt

Honey, we agree to disagree on that one.

it doesn’t take away from her what makes her one of the best artists ever.

I respectfully shared my thoughts and it won’t go further. I will never wish her, her fans, her family any harm. And I will be there to listen to the album. 

edit : why did she have to postpone an album again :smokes:

9 minutes ago, Nahime said:

BUT

Please watch this 

“There are no rules — if you’re a boy. If you’re a girl, you have to play the game. What is that game? You are allowed to be pretty and cute and sexy. But don’t act too smart. Don’t have an opinion. Don’t have an opinion that is out of line with the status quo, at least. You are allowed to be objectified by men and dress like a slut, but don’t own your sluttiness. And do not, I repeat, do not, share your own sexual fantasies with the world. Be what men want you to be. But more importantly, be what women feel comfortable with you being around other men.”

“Everything I read about myself was damning. I was called a whore and a witch. One headline compared me to Satan. I said, ‘Wait a minute, isn’t Prince running around with fishnets and high heels and lipstick with his butt hanging out?’ Yes, he was. But he was a man. This was the first time I truly understood women do not have the same freedom as men.“

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

3 minutes ago, Nahime said:

That's a very superficial way of looking at it. It's a very tasteful photograph in the cover of an album in which she's definitely expressing her mind. She's not an object - we just choose to look at her as one.

When we keep saying we wish Lana would do what we want to so we could feel satisfied, aren't we treating her as an object too?

So she's just kind of extrapolating that. Somewhere her body marred her soul indeed...

7 minutes ago, BoDaToe said:

Honestly, same. I want it framed and hung in my living room. Fuck a tv, I’m just gonna have company over to sit and look at Lana’s right tit.

it's just a very aesthetically pleasing photo to look at

plus good for her for owning her boobs! i feel like the people who are interpreting it sexually are missing the point of why she probably did it in the first place :awkney:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Re: the boob. It feels very outdated to get upset about it. Sure, it may come across as crass, but I find it more exciting that Lana's clearly an empowered woman who does what she wants on her own terms. There's an autonomy and power involved that's being overlooked here. Lana has always done whatever she wants to do and will always continue to.

(I also hope it's the Box Set cover because that would be a fucking serve.)

It's always grown men who get laid in plane bathrooms or host large orgies at their boss' vacation home in Key West that have the most to say about how women supposedly objectify themselves via nude expression in their art 

@Xenoblade 3 Meet me anywhere I'm ready to knock some teeth out for the Lana disrespect

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm