Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Just now, Junkie Noir said:

wouldn't that be Hope Is A Dangerous Thing :pls:

Fair enough, but more people seem to like Hope 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Controversial and polarizing is the wrong word to use for Bartender. The subject material is not very deep or controversial. It can only be described as controversial because lots of people don't like the song. HIADFAWLMTHBIHI is the controversial and polarizing masterpiece of NFR. And White Dress for COTCC.

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Just now, Hotsummerlilac said:

Controversial and polarizing is the wrong word to use for Bartender. The subject material is not very deep or controversial. It can only be described as controversial because lots of people don't like the song. HIADFAWLMTHBIHI is the controversial and polarizing masterpiece of NFR. And White Dress for COTCC.

Fair enough! I personally think Bartender is top three of NFR and there is a lot of substance to it, so we'll have to agree to disagree :et:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Hotsummerlilac said:

SPILL:brows:

I used to follow Lana news on instagram but I thought most fans on ig are annoying. So I moved to youtube and the community was much nicer but also dry (not very big). Then I moved to reddit and that gave me ulcers because they're so gullible and also every other post is like "I don't want Lana to make ballads anymore can she just go back to writing about old men and drugs like she used to in 2012 :((((". Now I'm on LanaBoards and ofc there are still some annoying people but this is the funnest community by far. :trisha: I'm glad to be here, pls don't let people post boob pics if LB gets taken down I have nowhere to go

Just now, shadesofcrazyforyou said:

Rockefeller

My umbreller

God, I love you, baby

WHEN I LOOK BACK, TRACING FINGERTIPS OVER PLASTIC BAGS...

BOZ once told me COCC was way better than NFR so... although he changed his mind since then (thankfully) this gives you an insight into his taste

edit: oh and he also hated vroom vroom ep... if you're reading this boz ily but you're sometimes tasteless asf <3

2 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

Y’all saying Jack stifles Lana’s creativity is so funny to me 🤭

If anything he elevated Lana to new heights and legitimized her position in music.

the only person that legitimized lanas position in the industry is lana herself and nobody else (and she did that in 2012 mind you) calm-and-shook.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 minute ago, venicebitch said:

BOZ once told me COCC was way better than NFR so... although he changed his mind since then (thankfully) this gives you an insight into his taste

the way i think he had the better opinion originally :xgiggle:

however it does make me a lot more excited for the album :ma:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

edit: oh and he also hated vroom vroom ep... if you're reading this boz ily but you're sometimes tasteless asf <3

jail :rip:

5 minutes ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

Y’all saying Jack stifles Lana’s creativity is so funny to me 🤭

If anything he elevated Lana to new heights and legitimized her position in music.

i’ll be in the cold hard ground before i attribute anything lana achieved to a man let alone that man 

1 minute ago, paris texas said:

the way i think he had the better opinion originally :xgiggle:

however it does make me a lot more excited for the album :ma:

exactly!! also, music taste changes overtime so it's normal, we just shouldn't base off insiders' opinions only facts, who knows maybe one year from now he says it's her magnum opus or maybe the exact opposite 

Just now, lanasbottom said:

i’ll be in the cold hard ground before i attribute anything lana achieved to a man let alone that man 

I said legitimized. I’m not implying he made Lana or anything.

but he did help her remove the gimmics (heavy reverb, lyrical tropes, overly cinematic production) to reveal her true genius as a songwriter. And for that I appreciate him.