Rob Grant - “Lost at Sea” - OUT NOW

The song is pretty and it’s actually something I can see myself listening to quite a bit…. but it’s also a pretty basic piano composition that I could probably churn out as an improv on any given Monday, like it’s mostly just satisfying chord changes… no shade…

Wow. The song is gorgeous. Though it’s an instrumental and simple, it evokes strong emotions - both happy and sad. It’s nostalgic. It feels like looking back on a bittersweet memory from time past and then letting go. Reminiscing on a moment so distant it’s almost blurry, but still familiar enough to remember one last time before saying goodbye & moving forward. Almost like the title suggests, drifting away from one distant shore in your past, and setting sail towards something else distant - a more promising future chapter.

I find pieces like this to be wordless sonic poems, and I think there’s lots of meaning to be found within it. As I mentioned before, I’m an avid listener of instrumentals, and I love tracks like this that within its simplicity are full of such substance to be interpreted even with the absence of words. 
I think this was a great debut single choice and I’m greatly looking forward to what else is to come x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

All jokes aside, the song is beautiful. I love classical piano music and is one of those people who needs music playing in the background to sleep. I usually listen to Beethoven or Mozart. If this is what Rob's album is going to sound like, I will totally be buying his album. 

However:

Instead of using the nepotism of having LDR as a daughter to get Neil Krug to shoot the album cover, he chose his other daughter, who can't take pictures. Or videos for that matter. Sweet Jesus. 

A simple photographed of the sea with seagulls with have suffice taken by Neil. Imagine how beautiful it would have been? Or a simple picture of Rob sitting in the piano playing.

Instead it's this photo with picsart letterings. His belly out and all. 

ubih-c1LfBSnUKzNsaGEu8JXoe7ngiHRX8mxRc5Q

The first thing I did was burst out laughing which I'm sure most of you did but won't admit that here. 

A shame because what I hear is so beautiful from that first track, but an album cover art like this over shadows that. It's comical and unprofessional looking. What were they thinking? 

I'm using this Neil photo for the album cover when it's released. It's simple but stunning. :isee:

e45ac7fbb56723638d61ebf2ecda4c4b.jpg

is it weird to anyone else how it's separated on apple music? like there's a big chunk between each track. it's weird lol i guess apple music doesn't even know what to do with this album 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I think the melody was simple but still nice. It's like one of those tracks you can hear on a random study focus playlists, or academia playlists. Not sure if I'll play this specific one again, but I'm looking forward to the rest of the tracks!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png