Rob Grant - “Lost at Sea” - OUT NOW

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

All jokes aside, the song is beautiful. I love classical piano music and is one of those people who needs music playing in the background to sleep. I usually listen to Beethoven or Mozart. If this is what Rob's album is going to sound like, I will totally be buying his album. 

However:

Instead of using the nepotism of having LDR as a daughter to get Neil Krug to shoot the album cover, he chose his other daughter, who can't take pictures. Or videos for that matter. Sweet Jesus. 

A simple photographed of the sea with seagulls with have suffice taken by Neil. Imagine how beautiful it would have been? Or a simple picture of Rob sitting in the piano playing.

Instead it's this photo with picsart letterings. His belly out and all. 

ubih-c1LfBSnUKzNsaGEu8JXoe7ngiHRX8mxRc5Q

The first thing I did was burst out laughing which I'm sure most of you did but won't admit that here. 

A shame because what I hear is so beautiful from that first track, but an album cover art like this over shadows that. It's comical and unprofessional looking. What were they thinking? 

I'm using this Neil photo for the album cover when it's released. It's simple but stunning. :isee:

e45ac7fbb56723638d61ebf2ecda4c4b.jpg

I actually really like the album cover.

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

is it weird to anyone else how it's separated on apple music? like there's a big chunk between each track. it's weird lol i guess apple music doesn't even know what to do with this album 

I think the album is separated by Apple Music’s feature of Work and Movement, which is basically used to organize/ sort orchestral works (I tried doing the same to organize LDR’s unreleased songs).  

lPqTY1H.jpg

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

All jokes aside, the song is beautiful. I love classical piano music and is one of those people who needs music playing in the background to sleep. I usually listen to Beethoven or Mozart. If this is what Rob's album is going to sound like, I will totally be buying his album. 

However:

Instead of using the nepotism of having LDR as a daughter to get Neil Krug to shoot the album cover, he chose his other daughter, who can't take pictures. Or videos for that matter. Sweet Jesus. 

A simple photographed of the sea with seagulls with have suffice taken by Neil. Imagine how beautiful it would have been? Or a simple picture of Rob sitting in the piano playing.

Instead it's this photo with picsart letterings. His belly out and all. 

ubih-c1LfBSnUKzNsaGEu8JXoe7ngiHRX8mxRc5Q

The first thing I did was burst out laughing which I'm sure most of you did but won't admit that here. 

http://www.yourgirlchuck.com/

maybe it’s an unpopular opinion but I actually love most of Chuck’s work… for some reason she turns off her professionalism sometimes when working with her own family tho :derpna2:

tumblr-n02pmk-XHSH1rcgcl7o6-250.gif

If anyone want these;

3. Lost at Sea

• Label: Decca (UMO) (Classics)
  • Composer: Lana Del Rey
  • Length: 03:07

Credits

• Rob Grant, Piano, MainArtist, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist
  • Rodrigo Puskas, Concertmaster, Associated Performer
  • Budapest Art Orchestra, Orchestra
  • Miklós Lukács, Orchestra Contractor,
    Production Coordinator,
    Associated Performer, StudioPersonnel
  • Daniel Farrugia, Cymbals, AssociatedPerformer
  • Lana Del Rey, Vocalist, FeaturedArtist, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist
  • Ryan Monro, Electric Bass, Associated Performer
  • Péter Pejtsik, Conductor
  • Laura Sisk, Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Lachlan Carrick, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Gabor Buzko, Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Hadyn Buxton, Mix Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Luke Howard, Producer, String Arranger, Horn Arranger, Mix Engineer, Associated Performer, StudioPersonnel
  • Dávid Lukács, StudioPersonnel, Recording Second Engineer

14. Hollywood Bowl

• Label: Decca (UMO) (Classics)
  • Composer: Lana Del Rey
  • Length: 04:13

Credits

• Rob Grant, Piano, MainArtist, Associated Performer, ComposerLyricist
  • Lana Del Rey, Producer, Vocals, FeaturedArtist, AssociatedPerformer, ComposerLyricist
  • Gabe Witcher, String Arranger, Viola, Violin, Recording Engineer,
  • Jack Manning, Asst. Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Laura Sisk, Producer, Mixer, Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Jon Sher, Asst. Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Jack Antonoff, Producer, Mixer, Percussion, Mellotron,
  • Zach Dawes, Producer, Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Ruairi O'Flaherty, Mastering Engineer, StudioPersonnel
  • Megan Searl, Asst. Recording Engineer, StudioPersonnel

I finally got a chance to listen and wow I really like it...I can feel the emotion and intention behind the song, and the title "Setting Sail on a Distant Horizon" makes so much sense because it does feel like that, almost like longing or nostalgia for something....or maybe even the beginning of a great adventure :true:

I don't normally listen to instrumentals too much, but I know that the album as a whole will probably be perfect to listen to while I'm working or just need to relax lol and I will honestly buy merch if its available :creepna3: