Elle

Lana & Joan Baez cover The New York Times Magazine April 2023 Issue [INTERVIEW]

9 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

It's kind of crazy to me how many Lana fans don't realize that Joan is a music legend :horror: Maybe I'm just pretentious or whatever, but she really paved the way for so many women in the industry including Lana and it's insane to me how many Lana fans are completely unaware of her and are so willing to reduce her to "old grandma flop" because they don't know anything about her or her music

She's got a point, she's an icon, she's a legend and she was the moment :gclap:

12 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

It's kind of crazy to me how many Lana fans don't realize that Joan is a music legend :horror: Maybe I'm just pretentious or whatever, but she really paved the way for so many women in the industry including Lana and it's insane to me how many Lana fans are completely unaware of her and are so willing to reduce her to "old grandma flop" because they don't know anything about her or her music

i am once again expressing that the way that some people talk about older women on this website is pretty disappointing and gross 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

41 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Most probably an unpopular opinion, but is it me the only one who thinks the pics look terrible?

agreed !!! the interview is actually atrocious. especially for such an iconic duo… really disappointing tbh. and the photos.. while definitely cute it feels kinda lazy & maybe they want the simple vibe but idk elton and lana’s cover was like groundbreaking & i don’t even think she’s close to elton. so kinda disappointed there wasn’t more effort!! (we really ate this era so i’m not complaining just my personal opinion) 

16 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

agreed !!! the interview is actually atrocious. especially for such an iconic duo… really disappointing tbh. and the photos.. while definitely cute it feels kinda lazy & maybe they want the simple vibe but idk elton and lana’s cover was like groundbreaking & i don’t even think she’s close to elton. so kinda disappointed there wasn’t more effort!! (we really ate this era so i’m not complaining just my personal opinion) 

The interview is very heartwarming imo … but I will admit it didn’t disclose anything we didn’t already know.

18 hours ago, Super Movie said:

It's kind of crazy to me how many Lana fans don't realize that Joan is a music legend :horror: Maybe I'm just pretentious or whatever, but she really paved the way for so many women in the industry including Lana. It's insane to me how many Lana fans are completely unaware of her and are so willing to reduce her to "old grandma flop" because they don't know anything about her or her music

You spilled babe! 

faSE.gif

On 4/21/2023 at 7:42 AM, Super Movie said:

It's kind of crazy to me how many Lana fans don't realize that Joan is a music legend :horror: Maybe I'm just pretentious or whatever, but she really paved the way for so many women in the industry including Lana. It's insane to me how many Lana fans are completely unaware of her and are so willing to reduce her to "old grandma flop" because they don't know anything about her or her music

I agree but I also think "most important female singer of the 60s and 70s" is ... generous (although I realise this is Lana's opinion, I get where it's coming from, and I respect it). 

Important? Yes. Most important? Not really. The 60s and 70s were stacked with talented and iconic female singers. No disrespect to Joan st all, but I do think Lana inflates her influence just a little. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if physical copies of this interview/shoot were released along with The NY Times Sunday edition? Is that how the magazine works? I would love to have a copy of this!

I agree that this isn’t the best shoot ever but Lana + Joan + the chicken is iconic

10 hours ago, Ramada Hydrangea said:

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if physical copies of this interview/shoot were released along with The NY Times Sunday edition? Is that how the magazine works? I would love to have a copy of this!

I agree that this isn’t the best shoot ever but Lana + Joan + the chicken is iconic

Yes they were. As far as I can figure out, the NY Times style magazine was included with the Saturday/Sunday (22nd-23rd April) paper and came with an option of 6 different covers, one of which featured Lana. But outside of the US, it seems like only 1 cover was available and that had Elle Fanning and Naomi Watts on it. I could be wrong, but every copy I found in the UK said 'international edition' on it and was the Elle Fanning cover.
 I'd like to hunt down a Lana cover because yes, the chicken shot is adorable, but don't fancy paying loads of money for it on eBay when the article is only 1 page long and has 1 photo :/

5 minutes ago, hydrangeas said:

Yes they were. As far as I can figure out, the NY Times style magazine was included with the Saturday/Sunday (22nd-23rd April) paper and came with an option of 6 different covers, one of which featured Lana. But outside of the US, it seems like only 1 cover was available and that had Elle Fanning and Naomi Watts on it. I could be wrong, but every copy I found in the UK said 'international edition' on it and was the Elle Fanning cover.
 I'd like to hunt down a Lana cover because yes, the chicken shot is adorable, but don't fancy paying loads of money for it on eBay when the article is only 1 page long and has 1 photo :/

Got it, thanks so much for the info! It looks like you can order back issues from their website, but since there were different covers, I wonder if there’s a way to specify the Lana/Joan cover. I’m gonna send them an email and I’ll keep you posted what they come back with :heart:

3 minutes ago, Ramada Hydrangea said:

Got it, thanks so much for the info! It looks like you can order back issues from their website, but since there were different covers, I wonder if there’s a way to specify the Lana/Joan cover. I’m gonna send them an email and I’ll keep you posted what they come back with :heart:

Oh that'd be great, thanks and good luck!