Elle

Lana & Joan Baez cover The New York Times Magazine April 2023 Issue [INTERVIEW]

On 4/27/2023 at 9:13 AM, hydrangeas said:

Oh that'd be great, thanks and good luck!

The NYT store responded to my email. Sounds like if you order the issue online, the cover you get is random :crai:

"The T magazine was featured in the April 23 issue but it is not sold separately. You can purchase a copy of the complete newspaper for that day via the link below which will include the magazine but since there are 6 different covers, we cannot provide a specific cover, the one you receive will be random."

Now I have to decide whether to take a chance by ordering it online and praying that I get the Lana cover :pray2:

@rosemead ramada where did you get your copy?

4 hours ago, Ramada Hydrangea said:

I bought it on ebay! I went to Barnes & Noble on Sunday hoping they'd have the Sunday edition but I guess they don't even sell newspapers anymore, or at least my store didn't have any newspapers whatsoever. So I figured ebay would be the only way to get it since it's not for sale by itself. Luckily there was a seller with a dozen copies they were selling for $14 so I snatched one up. Now the only ones for sale are so much more, like $40, really? :icant:

I'm glad I have it but she's literally on just the cover and then the one page

On 2/12/2023 at 3:36 PM, Elle said:

Midway through the performance, I said to the audience, “I have someone coming onstage who is the most generous-of-spirit singer I know, and the most important female singer of the ’60s and ’70s, and we’re gonna do ‘Diamonds & Rust’ together.” After the show, we went to an Afro-Caribbean two-step club, and she told me not to stop dancing until she did. That’s what my song “Dance Till We Die” (2021) is about. 

Ohhhhh. So I have her to blame for Lana's worst song

it made me feel...

made me feel like a god

On 4/28/2023 at 3:15 PM, Ramada Hydrangea said:

The NYT store responded to my email. Sounds like if you order the issue online, the cover you get is random :crai:

"The T magazine was featured in the April 23 issue but it is not sold separately. You can purchase a copy of the complete newspaper for that day via the link below which will include the magazine but since there are 6 different covers, we cannot provide a specific cover, the one you receive will be random."

Now I have to decide whether to take a chance by ordering it online and praying that I get the Lana cover :pray2:

Oh man, that's annoying. Could you buy 6 copies to increase your chances? Hahah

On 5/1/2023 at 7:42 AM, hydrangeas said:

Oh man, that's annoying. Could you buy 6 copies to increase your chances? Hahah

I caved and bought a copy on Ebay. It was $25 which wasn’t too bad compared to buying a copy on the NYT store and potentially not getting the Lana cover!