Elle

Lana covers Interview Magazine - March 2023 Issue [INTERVIEW]

"That’s the other thing. At first, the title was definitely going to be Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, and then I fucking panicked and I went to Neil’s house and said, “I know this is fucked up, but I’ve changed the title. It’s going to now be called, ‘Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd Pearl Watch Me on Ring a Bell Psycho Lifeguard.’” He was like, “What the fuck?” I was like, “I’m not telling anyone."

This quote HELP :thumb3:

Loved the Interview 

BUT 

THE PHOTOSHOOT :lange:

STUNNING GORGEOUS BREATHTAKING 

ONE OF HER MOST ICONIC PHOTOSHOOTS :gclap:

LANA MAKING ME SPEECHLESS TODAY 

I am praying & manifesting that they shot a music video too :pray2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

BILLIE AND LANA AND HER MAKEUP AND OUTIFTS IMC RYIFNG

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

I had been reading so many articles that my father and I followed up on over the last ten years about the discovery of telomeres and the extinction of death and how we’ve always been edging towards this point in science where that would be a possibility. With my dad and my brother and sister all living together, that was on my mind.

I love that I wouldn't think that in her free time Lana is worried about immortality - or karmic lineages, as she said in BB era interviews - and then she goes and makes statements like this. Her headspace is something else.

2 hours ago, King of Saigon said:

"That’s the other thing. At first, the title was definitely going to be Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, and then I fucking panicked and I went to Neil’s house and said, “I know this is fucked up, but I’ve changed the title. It’s going to now be called, ‘Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd Pearl Watch Me on Ring a Bell Psycho Lifeguard.’” He was like, “What the fuck?” I was like, “I’m not telling anyone."

This quote HELP :thumb3:

It’s so HER it’s just outrageous 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 hours ago, Elle said:

EILISH: Yeah, man. You really paved the way for everyone. People have been trying to look and sound like you since you first started. I talk about this with Finneas [Eilish’s brother]. You changed the way the music industry hears and sees music, and you changed the way people sing.

DEL REY: [Laughs] That’s amazing because you do that. 

EILISH: It’s because of you, dude.

Did anyone cry? I have to read the thread. This part - I needed it. I needed to hear Billie Eilish give props to Lana Del Rey, and acknowledge the amount Lana influenced her artistry . . . I don't know how artistic Eilish is, because I do not listen, but I respect people who love Billie. I always go for the live performance, and Billie and her brother Finneas recorded one for Global Citizen during the pandemic, and the piano was right in front of the camera. It drowned Billie's whispery soft vocal at the back of the room, so I thought it is awful. People say Billie would have no career if it weren't for Lana. It is significant to me Ms. Eilish credited Lana properly as she won AOTY over NFR, and didn't mention Lana. This interview and the fangirling of Billie Eilish compensates, and lower my bp. :gclap:

7 hours ago, your dealer said:

HELLO ALSO...THIS IS THE SET THAT WE THOUGHT WAS A MUSIC VIDEO YOU CAN SEE THE HEART SIGN IN THE BACKGROUND. MAYBE THEY DID ANOTHER VIDEO ALA CATS IN THE BATHTUB? 

There is BTS for the Interview Magazine photoshoot.

this interview was pretty good imo.. i just wish lana talked more about the process behind making the album.. also i wonder why lana took the opinions of journalists so harshly.. like she even remembers the names of the exact journalists and exactly what they wrote in what magazine and at what time.. it seems to be something she still has on her mind ten years later which is interesting

0mq0AeK.png

below is what sasha frere-jones wrote about her 

b4reBZ1.png

(i love the pettiness in naming them in the interview though :eek2:)

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

(i love the pettiness in naming them in the interview though :eek2:)

I appreciate she named them. Lana stated facts. Instead of generalities, and to be afraid to name them, she named them and quoted sasha frere-jones . . . Thanx for posting the quote. Good for Lana! IMO not petty at all.