Elle

[SINGLE] A&W: OUT NOW

34 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Flashing back to one of the worst moments of cringe in LDR fandom - when people were going after and harassing Jimmy Gnecco because they thought he was her abusive ex (from Ultraviolence).

Stoppp and the fact that he literally had to make a response because so many people were bugging him about it:facepalm:

i feel like lipsters are doing their normal routine of all jumping and being like "THIS IS HER MAGNUM OPUS!!!!!" for the week after a new song drops and half the ppl saying it are gonna switch the moment it settles :toofloppy:

(also am i one of the only ppl in here who massively prefer the first half to the second..)

Just now, deepseafishing said:

i feel like lipsters are doing their normal routine of all jumping and being like "THIS IS HER MAGNUM OPUS!!!!!" for the week after a new song drops and half the ppl saying it are gonna switch the moment it settles :toofloppy:

(also am i one of the only ppl in here who massively prefer the first half to the second..)

both things are true and you should say them :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

This song is honestly thebomb.com, and like mark my word, this is a top tier Jack Antonoff produced track. :oprah3:

However, I'm really not a fan of the inaudible/mumbly vocals; I understand that this was a deliberate choice on her end, but it kinda grinds my gears. The first half is sooo good, could've been even better than it actually is. But all in all, I'm perched. :eyeroll3:

5 minutes ago, Glimmer1ngDarling said:

She’s saying shimmy shimmy ko ko bop which is the name of an old song :)

ya'know, when i first saw it in the lyrics, i thought of this song instead

I immediately thought this sounded like her 2009/2010/2011 unreleased stuff. Songs like Put Your Lips Together, Wolf Tshirt, Us against the world/Party Girl/Daytona meth. Even the lyrics are Lizzy, mentioning Jimmy and SW references. 

Not my most favorite. But still a very good song and I love the style. Made me more excited for the rest of the album. 

:sluttybunny:🌧️

The first half is amazing & the second is so unexpected and really gives me like BTD + laptop demo vibes- in the best way. Im so beyond excited for the album now :defeated:

I feel like the album is going to be chaotic and full of a variety of sounds, kinda like LFL on steroids. I can only imagine what the Tommy song & Taco Truck x VB sound like. So so so excited :defeated:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

31 minutes ago, Glimmer1ngDarling said:

She’s saying shimmy shimmy ko ko bop which is the name of an old song :)

Random but I think this is why Jack nicknamed her Jimmy because she probably was talking about something the song Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Bop and thought it was Jimmy Jimmy Coco Puff and then thats how we got it in A&W

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

This is the type of song that needs time to settle and fully sink in - there's just so much going on in it, and it's all over the place, but even on first listen I was like "This is obviously quite fantastic"... 

so its not a slut pop bop like i was hoping for, but the song as we got it is already one of her best songs of all time.

if anyone disagrees then they can fight with the brick wall till it deteriorates and falls on top of them.

I think ive listened to it 20 times today. I am addicted. An epic western vibe (with Jack wildly improving his piano dont @ me), going trippy and witchy and then going into a slutty hip hop lullaby. Like WTF, i actually wanted to be this shook and it feels so good :cumming:

My absolute only wish is that the jimmy jimmy end section changed it up a bit and went wilder with her backing vocals or something, because i dont need that part to be 2 minutes, maybe 30 seconds would have been perrrrfect.

Buuuut like wow, Ocean BLVD was already such a nice impression on me, but this isnt just nice, it's PERFECT. This is comparable to how I felt when West Coast and HBTB came out as singles. When she changes it up like this, i just CANT take my ears away from it :grinds:

The first half sounds like a forgotten classic of the 60s/70s that never existed.
The second half reminds me a lot of Behind Closed Doors.

This is Venice Bitch's emo stepsister. Fucking amazing! This is the kind of music I want from Jack & Lana and no more muffled piano snooze. This song showcases all the potential that was there and wasn’t utilized.

This song ended Ocean Blvd on so many levels. She is bald now and I don’t ever wanna go back and listen to that song again.

Finally some Born to Die and Ultraviolence vibes??? She still has it in her!!! Chemtrails and Tulsa were a great return to Honeymoon, now this :crying5:

Let me pretend that all recent piano songs never happened tho :ma:

original.gif