Elle

[SINGLE] A&W: OUT NOW

Totally was not expecting any of this. Love the experimental nature of this too. Like all 8 of her sound eras all at once somehow. I am in love. Damn if nothing else,  I was alive when Lana Del Rey was alive too

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

48074-D05-23-C3-4478-94-F9-45-F66617-C7-

Major Grimes vibes,, the 2 part. Jack/Bleachers has worked with her on stuff, so idk, maybe that’s it. 

˥˥∀ ⊥∀ ⊥N∀M I ⊥∀HM ⊥ON

48074-D05-23-C3-4478-94-F9-45-F66617-C7-

On 2/23/2023 at 11:36 AM, LanaNirvana said:

Does anyone else get some Radiohead vibes? 

I definitely get a grunge vibe, which covers over 90’s, from Elliott Smith to Tori Amos. Along side the late 60’s, early 70’s. 

i listen to it in repeat, but it’s clearly much harder listen then the title track. 

Spoiler

:brandy: But I don’t care baby, I already lost my mind 

Not Metallica ripping off Lana by putting out a 7 minute song that takes riffs from their earlier work.

Spoiler

(The big difference is that the Metallica song sucks like most of what they've done since 1992, so no reason to actually listen to it.)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I’ve had “A&W” stuck in my head non-stop for the last couple of days.🥤 It’s setting the tone of my life at the moment and I’m here for it.💯 I love how “A&W” shows the soft side of Lana musically coexisting alongside her envelope-pushing sensibilities.💌 The lyrics and sound resonate with me.💘 I’m truly looking forward to the new album’s release.🥰❤️

FINALLY this clicked! Listened to it one or two times and it wasn't really for me until about yesterday/earlier today. I had it on REPEAT whilst cleaning :ohmy:. I don't think I cared for the brazenness of "whore" being in the title, odd, because I usually like other "slutty" songs :um2:- but Jacks comment for Rolling Stone UK adds to why I now like it, IT'S A HORROR STORY :defeated:- "This is the experience of being an American Whore :judgingu:." It notes a tragic tragic tale of Lana(?), or maybe just the character in this song: bad familial relationships, assault, lonliness, appearance. A Twin Peaks nightmare in the shady hotel ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif  FREE HER ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

35 minutes ago, ldr9superiority said:

no cuz this songs DESERVES a grammy:agree:

SONGWRTING PERFECTION:pout:

if "There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live, like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did"

didn't win, I unfortunately doubt this one will :crying5: