15 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

someone’s mom called her and Lana said “your son is making a huge mistake/acting badly”

15 hours ago, marryingkind said:

Basically she’s saying that she told jimmy’s mom that he’s being an asshole lol 

I really think Lana is Jimmy. Antonoff calls her that. It also connects to the second line of American Whore (I haven't seen my mother in a long long time). Someone probably said this to Lana, either as a joke or seriously, and she's quoting them.

Or maybe she's also talking to herself. She talked to her mother on the phone and knew in her mother's eyes she was "fucking up big time". Maybe Lana even agrees.

Anyway, that's how I understand the whole second part.

Other than that, this song is so deep and dark. The first half especially. It's not a "slutty revenge bop" but I already know some fans are gonna claim that. To me "It's not about having someone to love me anymore" is not about silencing the haters, it's about loneliness or giving up. Together with "When's it gonna be my turn / Don't forget me" that's such a sad thought. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Hi all, just want to add a vote for "Jimmy shimmy cocoa puff". I strongly believe Lana is referencing the song "Country Grammar" by Nelly but switching the word "Shimmy" for "Jimmy" (and/or ambiguously switching between the two words). I can completely imagine Lana having had exposure to this song at a formative period in her life (it was released in 2000). As you can see, "Country Grammar" also includes the line "light it up" which appears in A&W as well. The rhythm/melody is quite similar as well.

"Country Grammar" Lyrics:
Shimmy, shimmy cocoa, what? Listen to it pound
Light it up and take a puff, pass it to me now

*Note: I realize that Nelly's song is likely a reference to the older "Shimmy Shimmy Kokobop" but I think she probably had the Nelly version in mind.

:kiss2:

also at the end when lana says "your mom called i told her ur fucking up big time, but i dont care baby i already lost my mind" ,, i think it MIGHT be a reference to lana herself being jimmy.. by saying "i" after that sentence along with a lyric that perfectly fits in the context of lana being jimmy 

5 hours ago, burthday kake said:

this photo (for it's Ride, Queen Of The Gas Station, Buffalo 66 energy) & the lyric have me in such a chokehold

Hide contents

deserved it's own lockscreen 

4815-CE64-919-B-4-F0-B-8876-8-F8-DC215-A

I am so obsessed with your lockscreen

1 hour ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

there r so many references to qftc in this song 

Which ones do you have in mind?

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

10 minutes ago, syrup amour said:

I am so obsessed with your lockscreen

i dont know if you have an iphone or not but if you do & ever wanna try it out yourself heres the plain image!

i just edited the text in myself ofc:xgiggle: #picsartqueen n then set the color of the time/date to blue <3 

Spoiler

DCCBE4-EC-28-CB-48-DE-8739-54-A1230-F9-A

so idk if i missed something but one of the annotations about the patty lyric on genius says "rumor has it that Lana’s mother abandoned her when she was a child in order to start a new family." ?? can someone direct me to where this came from 

Absolutely adore American Whore, Lana really is THE artist of our time. 

I noticed some interesting similarities with Banks' Alaska, though. Not just the "Jimmy, Jimmy" parts, but musically both songs have a similar sound and vibe too. Anyone else hearing it?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

8 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

there r so many references to qftc in this song 

6 hours ago, syrup amour said:

Which ones do you have in mind?

these are some parallels i noticed

Spoiler

QFTC: "there has to be a place in feminism for women who look and act like me - the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes - the kind of women who are slated mercilessly for being authentic, delicate selves, the kind of women who get their own stories and voices taken away from them by stronger women or by men who hate women"

AW: "I mean, look at me, look at the length of my hair, my face, the shape of my body
Do you really think I give a damn what I do after years of just hearing them talking?

"I mean, look at my hair, look at the length of it there and the shape of my body
If I told you that I was raped, do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it, didn't ask for it?
Didn't testify, already fucked up my story"

QFTC: "Can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified"

AW: "Call him up, come into my bedroom
Ended up, we fuck on the hotel floor
It's not about having someone to love me anymorе
This is the experiеnce of being an American whore"

this song gets better with each listen, the lyrics are absolutely perfect and in the first 4 minutes of the song they’re so touching and deep, i truly love it sm 

Spoiler

but still i can’t not mention the jimmy part having absolute ass shaking production and lyrics, lana really does it all 

the chorus in the american whore part is actually so catchy to sing :candy:

call him up, come into my bedroom 

ended up we fuck on the hotel floor :grinds:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy